Judge Approves Trump's 'Special Master' Request

All that matters is the fact that the FBI showed up without warning.
The FBI threw box covers and a few empty folders on the floor and took a picture.
The FBI then took all the boxes and discovered that all the folders were empty.

This is your brain on BULLSHIT.
Actually the original FBI manifest listed all those covers that contained classified documents. TS/SCI, Secret, and Confidential.

The empty covers were listed in the expanded manifest giving greater details, such as the empty folders in addition to thsoe containing classified information.

Actually the original FBI manifest listed all those covers that contained classified documents. TS/SCI, Secret, and Confidential.

The empty covers were listed in the expanded manifest giving greater details, such as the empty folders in addition to thsoe containing classified information.
The FBI found empty folders; I have a nasty habit of follow the actual news on a daily basis.

The FBI found empty folders
Along with the empty folders with classified markings, the F.B.I. discovered 40 more empty folders that said they contained sensitive documents the user should “return to staff secretary/military aide,” according to the inventory. It also said that agents found seven documents marked as “top secret” in Mr. Trump’s office and 11 more in a storage room.

Raising the question of what Trump or his minions did with the missing docs? Sell them to Putin? Give them to him? Put them in Melania's underwear drawer for safe keeping?

That's a terrible analogy, Gene. Presidents have left the White House with documents in their possession that belong to the National Archive but never in our history has an Administration used the FBI to raid the home of that former President to embarrass a political rival! Negotiations should STILL be ongoing! That raid was unprecedented.
Actually president leave the white house with hardly more than the clothes on their back. They have been sending their presidential records to the National Archives throughout their presidency, and in earnest during the presidential transition.

Tales of Obama taking 30 million documents to chicago, is nothing but spin, because Obama no longer lived in Chicago. He lived in Washington DC, so sending his records to Chicago was because that's where the National Archives was storing them.

It's not my belief, it's a fact.
Really, try keeping up with the news every few months.
Show me the "link" from the news you're reading that says
"Every folder was empty." Every one of them.
I know they said they found 47 or 48 empty folders, I've read both numbers, but 47/48 empty folders is NOT "every folder" as you claim.

All that matters is the fact that the FBI showed up without warning.
The FBI threw box covers and a few empty folders on the floor and took a picture.
The FBI then took all the boxes and discovered that all the folders were empty.

This is your brain on BULLSHIT.

Along with the empty folders with classified markings, the F.B.I. discovered 40 more empty folders that said they contained sensitive documents the user should “return to staff secretary/military aide,” according to the inventory. It also said that agents found seven documents marked as “top secret” in Mr. Trump’s office and 11 more in a storage room.

Raising the question of what Trump or his minions did with the missing docs? Sell them to Putin? Give them to him? Put them in Melania's underwear drawer for safe keeping?
That phrase is self-contradictory, not that I would expect an idiot such as yourself to realize.
So the folders were empty when the FBI seized them but they got a mind reader to state that the folders weren't empty prior to the raid.
How fucking stupid are you?

The FBI found empty folders; I have a nasty habit of follow the actual news on a daily basis.
They listed the empty folders in the expanded original manifest, since technically, those folders did not violate any of the laws cited by the search warrant.

Last edited:
Show me the "link" from the news you're reading that says
"Every folder was empty." Every one of them.
I know they said they found 47 or 48 empty folders, I've read both numbers, but 47/48 empty folders is NOT "every folder" as you claim.
I show nothing to a lazy ass, piece of shit who claims to be a math teacher.
Not that I know too many LibTard educators who actually read the news.
By the way, your fellow LibTard Berg80 just inadvertently, via a Link, confirmed what I posted.

Link?

Neal Katyal Profile picture

Neal Katyal

Twitter logo

This special master opinion is so bad it’s hard to know where to begin:
1. She says Biden hasn’t weighed in on whether docs protected by Exec Privilege. Nonsense. The archives letter (which DOJ submitted to the Judge) makes it clear current President thinks none of this ...
is privileged. Archivist says it is “not a close” question
2. Judge enjoins the entire investigation because some of the material might be subject to Executive Privilege. But Executive Priv isn’t some post-presidential privilege that allows Presidents to keep documents after ...
they leave office. At most, it simply means these are Executive documents that must be returned to the archives. It doesn’t in any way shape or form mean they can’t be used in a criminal prosecution about stolen docs...
3. She says the “reputational” harm to Trump justifies a special master. That’s insane–every crim deft has reputational harm. Are we now going to have special masters in every crim investigation?
4. She says the Special Master should screen materials for exec privilege, without ever once explaining what specific material is subject to exec priv, particularly when the incumbent President rejects the assertion. How is the Master supposed to figure that intricate Q out?
5. She says that because some tiny percentage of materials might be privileged, the entire investigation over all the materials has to stop. That’s a bazooka when one needs at most a scalpel.
6. She tries to enjoin the Exec Branch from using these materials in an investigation, but the govt has already reviewed all the materials. It makes no sense.
7. She says Trump suffers irreparable harm in interim, but the only harm she isolates is he won’t have the docs back during the investig. That’s not irreparable, he can get them back later &if they are improperly used to bring an indictment, he can move to dismiss the indictment
8. Her analysis of standing is terrible. Trump wouldn’t own these docs anyway, so why does he get a Master over them? If there is some marginal claim to some attorney client docs, that handful of material can be separately dealt with–you don’t enjoin the entire investig for that
9. Her jurisdictional analysis is similarly awful. She let Trump forum shop for a judge, instead of letting the magistrate judge evaluate these claims. The appearances here are tragic.
That’s just a few of many more problems. Frankly, any of my first year law students would have written a better opinion.

LINK

You have their property, they want it back. Should not be hard to prove. I let you borrow my car, you refuse to give it back, what more proof does one need to call you a car thief?
Depends.

Did you let me borrow your car for a trip to Portland from Texas and then call two days later and say that you have to have your car this afternoon? You could call me a car thief, but if anyone hears you say that except me, you're sued.

Instead of making analogies lets look at what happened to every to other president who took things from the Oval Office.

Uh . . . uuum . . . eeeh . . . well, what did happen to them?

We are not talking about an overdue book.
No shit, Gigi. Go find a dictionary. Look up analogy. Good boy!
So, these things you have that belong to your employer, if your employer decided you were no longer negotiating in good faith, would they be justified to accuse you of theft?
Nope. And I didn’t say that I still have them, either. It was a hypothetical.
Again, it’s that whole analogy thing.

If President Trump declassified any and all classified information being reviewed one day (or over a period of days) then the papers are no longer classified. I recognize that most of you libs can’t accept that premise but I don’t care. It suffices just the same.

Thus, we proceed to only discuss the question of which documents/papers were properly of the US Government (PRA) versus which documents and papers were the President’s own papers. That was under negotiation until suddenly and for no particularly honest legal reason, the FBI and DOJ suddenly tried to convert the dispute into something potentially criminal.

A. It is obvious that possession of even the US Government’s papers doesn’t legally establish “theft.”

B. Presumably, the government doesn’t negotiate for physical repossession of purportedly stolen documents. So, that’s a non-starter.

C. There is no evidence (none whatsofuckingever) that Trump “took” the property at all … because they were packed by GSA.

D. There is zero evidence that he intended to retain the property in his possession … because some had already been turned over to the government and the rest was being negotiated (evidently to distinguish which was his personal papers vs which were actually (PRA) the IS government’s property.

Bottom line: there is no valid case against Trump at all. To paraphrase old man Mueller, “no reasonable prosecutor would ever lodge charges against the former President.” Of course, I’m not contending that our AG is reasonable.

Neal Katyal Profile picture

Neal Katyal

Twitter logo

This special master opinion is so bad it’s hard to know where to begin:
1. She says Biden hasn’t weighed in on whether docs protected by Exec Privilege. Nonsense. The archives letter (which DOJ submitted to the Judge) makes it clear current President thinks none of this ...
is privileged. Archivist says it is “not a close” question
2. Judge enjoins the entire investigation because some of the material might be subject to Executive Privilege. But Executive Priv isn’t some post-presidential privilege that allows Presidents to keep documents after ...
they leave office. At most, it simply means these are Executive documents that must be returned to the archives. It doesn’t in any way shape or form mean they can’t be used in a criminal prosecution about stolen docs...
3. She says the “reputational” harm to Trump justifies a special master. That’s insane–every crim deft has reputational harm. Are we now going to have special masters in every crim investigation?
4. She says the Special Master should screen materials for exec privilege, without ever once explaining what specific material is subject to exec priv, particularly when the incumbent President rejects the assertion. How is the Master supposed to figure that intricate Q out?
5. She says that because some tiny percentage of materials might be privileged, the entire investigation over all the materials has to stop. That’s a bazooka when one needs at most a scalpel.
6. She tries to enjoin the Exec Branch from using these materials in an investigation, but the govt has already reviewed all the materials. It makes no sense.
7. She says Trump suffers irreparable harm in interim, but the only harm she isolates is he won’t have the docs back during the investig. That’s not irreparable, he can get them back later &if they are improperly used to bring an indictment, he can move to dismiss the indictment
8. Her analysis of standing is terrible. Trump wouldn’t own these docs anyway, so why does he get a Master over them? If there is some marginal claim to some attorney client docs, that handful of material can be separately dealt with–you don’t enjoin the entire investig for that
9. Her jurisdictional analysis is similarly awful. She let Trump forum shop for a judge, instead of letting the magistrate judge evaluate these claims. The appearances here are tragic.
That’s just a few of many more problems. Frankly, any of my first year law students would have written a better opinion.

LINK
What a load of crap.

They listed the empty folders in the expanded manifest, since technically, those folders did not violate any of the laws cited by the search warrant.
haha yes empty folders is all they found…the, his passport, his medical records, attorney client priv material, congrests

you got empty folders that’s for acknowledging it’s not a crime. to have them.

The Court noticed that as well and that’s part of the reason a special master was appointed to make sure trump got his stuff back

Actually there was a 2nd circuit court of appeals case that covered what is needed when a president declassifies information.

18-2112
The New York Times, et al., v. Central Intelligence Agency

In the
United States Court of Appeals
For the Second Circuit

To prevail in any claim of declassification, inferred
or otherwise, the Times’s must show: first, that President Trump’s
statements are sufficiently specific; and second, that such statements
subsequently triggered actual declassification.

Declassification cannot occur unless designated officials follow
specified procedures.

Moreover, the
Times cites no authority that stands for the proposition that the
President can inadvertently declassify information and we are aware
of none. Because declassification, even by the President, must follow
established procedures
Thank for actually trying to answer a question that I've been asking for a while. But, it doesn't apply

if the times claimed that the president can inadvertently declassify information, I don't blame the court for ruling that way. But if Trump says he declassified documents, that was not inadvertent. If Trump decided the procedure at the time was to verbally declare them declassified, then that fall within his purview as sole authority over what is and is not classified.

The New York Times cannot claim that the president declassified documents if they have no proof. The president himself needs no proof because he was the declassification authority, so the burden falls on his hounders to prove otherwise.

Last edited:
That phrase is self-contradictory, not that I would expect an idiot such as yourself to realize.
So the folders were empty when the FBI seized them but they got a mind reader to state that the folders weren't empty prior to the raid.
How fucking stupid are you?

From the original manifest

Example: ltem //2-Box/container from Office

2USGovernmentDocum entswithCONFIDENTIAL ClassificationM arldngs
15US GovernmentDoculnentswithSECRET ClassificationM arkings
7USGovernmentDocum entswithTOP SECRET ClassificationM arkings

43Em ptyFolderswithGICLASSIFIED''Banners
28Em ptyFoldersLabeledRRet'urntoStaffSecretaryN iliaryAide''

Excuse the PDF read format errors.

Forum List

Back