Judge Approves Trump's 'Special Master' Request

No one said it was.

But violating the Espionage Act and obstruction of justice are crimes.

“…the three laws cited as the basis for the warrant make it a crime to mishandle government records, regardless of whether they are classified. As such, Trump's claims that he declassified the documents would have no bearing on the potential legal violations at issue.”

true but theirs has to be intent…if keeping govt records on an illegal unsecure server for years isn’t mishandling then certainly keeping them in a secure fortified compound with armed federal agents isnt

true but theirs has to be intent…if keeping govt records on an illegal unsecure server for years isn’t mishandling then certainly keeping them in a secure fortified compound with armed federal agents isnt
She was demofk and allowed

Well, now you’re modifying your initial position. One doesn’t get accused of stealing merely because he failed to return an overdue library book on time.
If I retained the files from my office once I retired, the office would have a very good gripe that I should return them. But once again, this wouldn’t be a one size fits all situation necessarily. Suppose I have a claim that some of the work product is mine, not theirs. Why, we might engage in a period of even protracted “negotiation” over that question of entitlement. Funny enough, that’s what our government’s lawyers were doing with former President Trump and his lawyers: negotiating

We are not talking about an overdue book.

So, these things you have that belong to your employer, if your employer decided you were no longer negotiating in good faith, would they be justified to accuse you of theft?

Utter nonsense
We've all come to expect nothing less than your willingness to explain your position in detail. Explaining exactly what it is about the determinations of legal experts that you find lacking. Thanks for adding so much to the discussion. :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg:

then certainly keeping them in a secure fortified compound with armed federal agents isnt
Are you referring to the security sieve otherwise known as MaL? If Trump was interested in keeping the docs secure he could have at least built a SCIF. But he wasn't interested in that because he didn't care if he compromised national security.

Are you referring to the security sieve otherwise known as MaL? If Trump was interested in keeping the docs secure he could have at least built a SCIF. But he wasn't interested in that because he didn't care if he compromised national security.
there more was a SCIF there

We are not talking about an overdue book.

So, these things you have that belong to your employer, if your employer decided you were no longer negotiating in good faith, would they be justified to accuse you of theft?
They'd need to prove that. They wouldn't have immunity from a slander suit as our government grants itself.

This is troubling, and great at the same time. For one, it's troubling that she took the case in the first place. Another judge was already involved. This judge could find herself in an obstruction of justice case of her own. Contrary to popular belief, being a judge doesn't shield her from that possibility.

The DOJ will probably appeal her ruling, so I doubt seriously they will stop the investigation, in light of her stay.

It's great in the fact this keeps Trump front and center in the news cycle, taking all of the oxygen out of the room for Republicans in the midterms. Now Democrats control the campaign messaging space in the news cycles, with President Biden out front leading, and pro choice candidates, now being the loudest voices.

Kind of hard to mount an offense with Trump having whine and cry rally, after whine and cry rally over his 2020 election landslide loss, and trying to make those top secret documents less important than Melanias underwear.

I'm not seeing any downside to this for Democrats.

I'm not seeing any upside to this for Trump, or his judge.

And the Judiciary just took another hit to it's already dwindling credibility.

I agree! It's very troubling! It's a clusterfuck!

This is correct.
Delay

Then have team trump show us the video.
If they did, it would be on trumps video.

Where's the video?
The video of boxes filled with folders that the FBI discovered later discovered has nothing inside the folders.
Does anything embarrass you?

They'd need to prove that. They wouldn't have immunity from a slander suit as our government grants itself.

You have their property, they want it back. Should not be hard to prove. I let you borrow my car, you refuse to give it back, what more proof does one need to call you a car thief?

The video of boxes filled with folders that the FBI discovered later discovered has nothing inside the folders.
Does anything embarrass you?
Why would that embarrass me? Trump hiding stolen documents.
trump took the documents out of the folders, duh.
Prove me wrong.

Your word and trumps word mean nothing.
You have a SPIN for every trump action.
That's what is embarrassing.

It is a fact that trump stole government property and took it to his Florida cat house. THAT IS A FACT
No that’s a hyperbolic feeling laced with TDS
It is a fact that trump stole government property and took it to his Florida cat house. THAT IS A FACT
its your hyperbolic emotion as opposed to fact and laced with typical name calling

You have their property, they want it back. Should not be hard to prove. I let you borrow my car, you refuse to give it back, what more proof does one need to call you a car thief?
But when he’s entitled to take the car then the point is moot.

Why would that embarrass me? Trump hiding stolen documents.
trump took the documents out of the folders, duh.
Prove me wrong.

Your word and trumps word mean nothing.
You have a SPIN for every trump action.
That's what is embarrassing.
Prove you wrong?
Do you ever check anything but DailyKOS and put the pieces together?
For a math teacher, your logic sucks.

Forum List

Back