Judge Approves Trump's 'Special Master' Request

Let me remind you. That fortified compound is home to guests of all political and national allegiances. They gave a phony heiress access to the president because they thought she was a guest. And another woman, a chinese spy, was let into mar-a-lago because they thought she was a relative of one of the residents.

Mar-a-lago is like when they cleared Lafayette park for Trump. Prior to his arrival, they let anybody in.
haha guest don’t have access to his private resident

the court disagreed with you….the court said a special master was necessary to protect the rule of law from the current regime.
A special master can go over claims of lawyer-client privilege. The issue of executive privilege was already decided by the USSC, who said that only the current president can claim executive privilege over executive branch records.

A special master can go over claims of lawyer-client privilege. The issue of executive privilege was already decided by the USSC, who said that only the current president can claim executive privilege over executive branch records.
yeah nobody is talking about executive priv here but you

What case was that?

A federal judge has granted a request by former President Donald Trump’s legal team to appoint a special master to review documents seized by the FBI during a search of his Florida home last month.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Monday granted a request by former President Donald Trump’s legal team to appoint a special master to review documents seized by the FBI during a search of his Florida home last month.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon came despite the objections of the Justice Department, which said an outside legal expert was not necessary in part because officials had already completed their review of potentially privileged documents. The judge had previously signaled her inclination to approve a special master, asking a department lawyer during arguments this month, “What is the harm?”

The appointment may slow the pace of the department's investigation into the presence of top-secret information at Mar-a-Lago, but it is unlikely to affect any investigative decisions or the ultimate outcome of the probe.

JUDGE GREEN-LIGHTS TRUMP’S ‘SPECIAL MASTER’ REQUEST

Not a surprise from a Trump-appointed judge. However, this won't affect the final outcome. What do you think?
It’s a fair ruling. That’s a clue that it didn’t come from an Obama appointed judge.

And of course, in theory, it could have a big impact on the “final outcome” of this partisan political abuse of the justice system by Brandon and Meritless Garland.

No, all effected agencies would have been notified. If they haven’t, no declassification occurred.
Actually there was a 2nd circuit court of appeals case that covered what is needed when a president declassifies information.

18-2112
The New York Times, et al., v. Central Intelligence Agency

In the
United States Court of Appeals
For the Second Circuit

To prevail in any claim of declassification, inferred
or otherwise, the Times’s must show: first, that President Trump’s
statements are sufficiently specific; and second, that such statements
subsequently triggered actual declassification.

Declassification cannot occur unless designated officials follow
specified procedures.

Moreover, the
Times cites no authority that stands for the proposition that the
President can inadvertently declassify information and we are aware
of none. Because declassification, even by the President, must follow
established procedures

It is a fact that trump stole government property and took it to his Florida cat house. THAT IS A FACT
No. It’s not a fact. It’s fiction.

Having physical possession of the documents is simply not at all evidence of “theft.” I keep having to advise and remind you libtards that — despite the fact that it distresses you — words have meaning. Your use of those words don’t.

Trump didn’t steal anything.

No. It’s not a fact. It’s fiction.

Having physical possession of the documents is simply not at all evidence of “theft.” I keep having to advise and remind you libtards that — despite the fact that it distresses you — words have meaning. Your use of those words don’t.

Trump didn’t steal anything.

He just took things that did not belong to him....nobody would ever call that stealing.

The court will probably be overturned.
The DOJ will let it stand. It will delay justice, but they'll continue the case, since the special master is unlikely to come to a different conclusion as to privilege.

It's all just a stalling tactic.

And ironically, it just pushes an indictment closer to election day.

He just took things that did not belong to him....nobody would ever call that stealing.
Nope. You’re speculating.

You don’t know when they were brought to Florida. You’re such a dope, you likely don’t grasp that that timing issue matters.

You know, at one job I had, I often brought files home. That means I took them. I took them from the office to my residence. It does not mean I was engaged in stealing.

A simpleton like you might call it “stealing.” But you’d be incorrect on at least a couple of different bases.

Nope. You’re speculating.

You don’t know when they were brought to Florida. You’re such a dope, you likely don’t grasp that that timing issue matters.

You know, at one job I had, I often brought files home. That means I took them. I took them from the office to my residence. It does not mean I was engaged in stealing.

A simpleton like you might call it “stealing.” But you’d be incorrect on at least a couple of different bases.

If you still had those files after you no longer had the job, and were not supposed to have them once you no longer had the job, how would the company had felt about it?

Declassified documents are declassified
The 2nd circuit court of appeals says NO.

They specifically said: Because declassification, even by the President, must follow
established procedures.

and: second, that such statements
subsequently triggered actual declassification.

If you still had those files after you no longer had the job, and were not supposed to have them once you no longer had the job, how would the company had felt about it?
Well, now you’re modifying your initial position. One doesn’t get accused of stealing merely because he failed to return an overdue library book on time.

And whether the PRA claims that all of the paperwork belongs to the United States or not is debatable — even within the four corners of the Act.

If I retained the files from my office once I retired, the office would have a very good gripe that I should return them. But once again, this wouldn’t be a one size fits all situation necessarily. Suppose I have a claim that some of the work product is mine, not theirs. Why, we might engage in a period of even protracted “negotiation” over that question of entitlement. Funny enough, that’s what our government’s lawyers were doing with former President Trump and his lawyers: negotiating

It would be easier if you’d just acknowledge that nobody in a position to matter has suggested that Trump stole anything. There’s good reason for that.

Forum List

Back