Judge Judy Is a Supreme Court Justice, According to Some College Grads

Trick question, not any crisis. I wouldn't know who Judge Judy is if it weren't for the row of televisions they have at the fitness club tuned to various channels facing the treadmills.

When college graduates don't know basic knowledge items from the Constitution, it's a crisis. No wonder we get people like Obama for President. How many voted thinking that skin color was a qualification?

Guess I didn't explain well that I see the crisis in a different way. I see it as there are those who think not knowing who Judge Judy is amounts to something.

Not knowing who she is doesn't amount to much. Thinking that she is on the Supreme Court does along with the other things they don't know being a problem. You would hope someone that could vote would know Congress could declare war, the Senate acts as a 100 person jury in an impeachment trial, etc.

Trick question, not any crisis. I wouldn't know who Judge Judy is if it weren't for the row of televisions they have at the fitness club tuned to various channels facing the treadmills.

When college graduates don't know basic knowledge items from the Constitution, it's a crisis. No wonder we get people like Obama for President. How many voted thinking that skin color was a qualification?

How many?

More than you'd admit and far more than should use that to determine their vote. I'd say over 60 million twice with you on the list.

Are you saying it's zero?

So much for a college education...

A new civics survey highlights the fact that (somehow) almost 10 percent of college graduates think "Judge Judy" is on the Supreme Court bench.

The ACTA report, entitled A Crisis in Civic Education, found that 13 percent of all respondents incorrectly selected daytime TV star Judy Sheindlin on the multiple-choice question.

The correct answer, Justice Elena Kagan, was picked by 61.6 percent of college grads and 44 percent of all those surveyed.

The survey also found a slew of other troubling answers. For instance almost half of college graduates and more than 60 percent of general respondents could not identify the term lengths for members of Congress.

Here's more...

How do Americans amend the Constitution? More than half of college graduates didn’t know. Almost 60% of college graduates failed to identify correctly a requirement for ratifying a constitutional amendment.

We live in a dangerous world—but almost 40% of college graduates didn’t know that Congress has the power to declare war.

Less than half of college graduates knew that presidential impeachments are tried before the U.S. Senate.

actually, judge judy was supervising judge of the Family Court in Manhattan. In that position, she was an Acting Supreme Court Justice of the State of New York.

Nice lady, btw.
She's abrasive and demeans people
She's divorced and remarried 3 times.

i think twice...and to the same guy, yes?

in real life she's very nice. although her personality in the courtroom was almost exactly the same.

are you one of those that thinks the donald is going to build a wall and mexico is going to pay for it while we send police around picking up mexicans?

most Obama turkeys also believe that Benjamin Franklin was one of the Presidents.

They also believe that Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity.
wow,i didnt know that benjamin franklin invented electricity? did he also invent the moons pull of gravity that makes the waves go back and forth?

That was my point. He didn't but the idiots that think Judge Judy is on the Supreme Court think he did.

i don't think anyone actually thinks she's on the US Supreme Court. Maybe they knew she was a AJSC in NY?

Nice try. Many didn't know basic knowledge items that are taught in high school. Do you really think or expect us to believe they knew about her to that level in one State? Are you one of those that supports Bernie Sanders free tuition plan? No thanks if these are the results we're going to get.

well, i'm going to remain skeptical on this one.

i think college should be more affordable. i don't know enough about bernie's plan to support it. but i'm also not voting for him.

They also believe that Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity.
wow,i didnt know that benjamin franklin invented electricity? did he also invent the moons pull of gravity that makes the waves go back and forth?

That was my point. He didn't but the idiots that think Judge Judy is on the Supreme Court think he did.

i don't think anyone actually thinks she's on the US Supreme Court. Maybe they knew she was a AJSC in NY?

Nice try. Many didn't know basic knowledge items that are taught in high school. Do you really think or expect us to believe they knew about her to that level in one State? Are you one of those that supports Bernie Sanders free tuition plan? No thanks if these are the results we're going to get.

well, i'm going to remain skeptical on this one.

i think college should be more affordable. i don't know enough about bernie's plan to support it. but i'm also not voting for him.

Even if he's the nominee?

It's not the taxpayer's responsibility to make it so for someone else's kid.

It's not the taxpayer's responsibility to make it so for someone else's kid.

Suck it up dude.

the pitiful little amount of taxes you pay, you get back in the EItC. If you dont get ALL your tax money back, consider that YOUR pitiful little contibution went to buying one soldier one MRE.

Feel better now that you know your money is going to a soldier?

Better hope he/she doesnt want to go to college. I think that GI bill is tax payer funded.

But your money dont go there. YOU dont pay enough in taxes to buy a credit hour.

A new civics survey highlights the fact that (somehow) almost 10 percent of college graduates think "Judge Judy" is on the Supreme Court bench.

That's quite remarkable. Considering normal human development and the flippant nature that healthy and well adjusted college age young adults often pay toward stupidity, I would have expected at least a solid 25% of them to pick Judge Judy.

It does appear that the college age respondents (61%) seemed to identify the correct answer, compared to the survey takers (44%) by quite a bit. So there's that....

Also, I'm very amused by the way that several uneducated slobbering mentalities in this thread seem to be really confused by the difference between discovering electricity and inventing electricity.

How many?

More than you'd admit and far more than should use that to determine their vote. I'd say over 60 million twice with you on the list.

I think you'll agree that more people used Obama's skin color as a reason not to vote for him.

So our RWers want to run this campaign:

Your kids are too dumb for education, lets leave that to foreigners....

Great... See you at election time...

How many?

I think you'll agree that more people used Obama's skin color as a reason not to vote for him.

No. That's an excuse.

The ACTA report, entitled A Crisis in Civic Education, found that 13 percent of all respondents incorrectly selected daytime TV star Judy Sheindlin on the multiple-choice question.

The correct answer, Justice Elena Kagan, was picked by 61.6 percent of college grads and 44 percent of all those surveyed.

The survey also found a slew of other troubling answers. For instance almost half of college graduates and more than 60 percent of general respondents could not identify the term lengths for members of Congress.

Here's more...

How do Americans amend the Constitution? More than half of college graduates didn’t know. Almost 60% of college graduates failed to identify correctly a requirement for ratifying a constitutional amendment.

We live in a dangerous world—but almost 40% of college graduates didn’t know that Congress has the power to declare war.

Less than half of college graduates knew that presidential impeachments are tried before the U.S. Senate.

actually, judge judy was supervising judge of the Family Court in Manhattan. In that position, she was an Acting Supreme Court Justice of the State of New York.

Nice lady, btw.

in real life she's very nice. although her personality in the courtroom was almost exactly the same.

are you one of those that thinks the donald is going to build a wall and mexico is going to pay for it while we send police around picking up mexicans?
No, I'm that guy that beats guys half my age at golf.

Here's more...

Nice lady, btw.

my dad rode the five borough bike tour til he was 70. and still golfs twice a week and goes to the gym every morning. good on ya.

Here's more...

Nice lady, btw.

my dad rode the five borough bike tour til he was 70. and still golfs twice a week and goes to the gym every morning. good on ya.
"good on ya" Are you Australia?

Nice lady, btw.

no. but I have friends and family who are and I always liked that expression. it seems cheerful.

are you a very contrary person?

How many?
Is. 10;19 And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them.

no. but I have friends and family who are and I always liked that expression. it seems cheerful.

I'm 66 and golfed everyday until it got to cold.

I lived in Australia for 2 years.
Perth
Albany
Mildura
Adelaide.

I'm 66 and golfed everyday until it got to cold.

I lived in Australia for 2 years.
Perth
Albany
Mildura
Adelaide.

ah... now I understand.

did you love it? I hear the people are wonderful.

Forum List

Back