Judge Orders Monitor Appointed to Oversee Controversial Arizona Sheriff

I support the Sheriff and even send his campaign $$$. And I live in California

-Geaux

A bunch of Latinos shouted the magic word ("Racist") and out comes the Civil Rights hacks, attacking the man for doing the job the government won't do.

Yet another conservative exhibiting his ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law.

Total HORSESHIT....DNC talking points verbatim.....
Which one is horseshit? I'll gladly prove any which one you please.

Anyone can take the coward's way out (like you do in just about every thread you step into) by saying they are talking points. Let me know what you need proven, I'd be interested to hear JoeBlam the forum coward dispute it.

Good old Sheriff Joe, "Protecting us from bean eaters for over 80 years!"

You got a problem with him enforcing immigration laws on the books? He has several hispanic deputies so maybe you should ponder that before you imply he's a racist, or nativist, or bigot. He knows what happens out in the desert and what happens in the "safe-houses" here in Phoenix. If you knew what he and many of us know, you'd respect the man.

Well, actually I DO have a problem with sheriff Joe enforcing immigration laws. Joe is a county sheriff. There ARE no county immigration laws.......

Last edited:
Good old Sheriff Joe, "Protecting us from bean eaters for over 80 years!"

You got a problem with him enforcing immigration laws on the books? He has several hispanic deputies so maybe you should ponder that before you imply he's a racist, or nativist, or bigot. He knows what happens out in the desert and what happens in the "safe-houses" here in Phoenix. If you knew what he and many of us know, you'd respect the man.

Well, actually I DO have a problem with sheriff Joe enforcing immigration laws. Joe is a county sheriff. There ARE no county immigration laws.......
There are in HIS county!!
How about criminal trespass for starters?

There is nothing in the county law stating that anyone is guilty of "criminal trespass" as a result of being guilty of a federal misdemeaner. In fact, there is nothing in the county law that gives Joe the right to even INVESTIGATE someone for suspicion of violating a federal law.

A U.S. federal judge on Wednesday ordered a monitor be appointed to oversee the work of hardline Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio to ensure that his officers no longer use racial profiling in stops of Latino drivers in a crackdown on illegal immigration.

2013-10-02T203732Z_1_CBRE9911LAN00_RTROPTP_2_USA-ARIZONA-SEAGAL.JPG

U.S. District Judge Murray Snow had in May ordered the Maricopa County sheriff to stop using race as a factor in law enforcement decisions, in response to a lawsuit brought by Hispanic drivers that tested whether police could target illegal immigrants without profiling U.S. citizens and legal residents of Hispanic origin.

On Wednesday, the same judge ordered parties in the case to agree on the selection of a monitor within 60 days to oversee the work of the 81-year-old lawman, who styles himself as "America's toughest sheriff."

The ruling also orders the sheriff's office to bolster its public outreach efforts, and mandates that deputies must tell dispatchers the reason for any traffic stops before approaching a vehicle.

Arpaio, who is facing a lawsuit and investigation from the U.S. Justice Department accusing him of civil rights abuses, denies that he profiles Latinos.....snip~

Judge orders monitor appointed to oversee controversial Arizona sheriff

Looks like not only are the Feds coming down on Sheriff Joe.....but so to in his own state now. Holder is out to hook him up and now he has even more controversy forcing inmates to pay for their own meals and now forcing them to be vegans. Thoughts upon the matter.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio blew the whistle on Holder.

Holder is following his boss' example of getting even with whistleblowers by penalizing them to the max through the courts, Security agencies, and other big government institutions.

It's a craven way to impose monarchy over one of our formerly sovereign states and should be stopped.

Last edited:

There is nothing in the county law stating that anyone is guilty of "criminal trespass" as a result of being guilty of a federal misdemeaner. In fact, there is nothing in the county law that gives Joe the right to even INVESTIGATE someone for suspicion of violating a federal law.

Joe is doing the right thing

-Geaux

He's white supremacist slime and the world will be a better place when he dies.
No, that's not true, Luddly. Arpaio has been called on by his fellow Arizonans to control the border as best he can. Arizona has been forced to bear the burdens of a failed neighbor whose citizens think sending their poor elsewhere will make their lives better. Since they get billions in payback from their workers sending home the green, they're not far off the mark.

We just have to continue to be stupid a little longer until they outnumber all other voters in the 4 border states, take up with La Raza, and unite with Mexico, shoving out people of other European extraction than Spanish.

Arpaio doesn't have enough money to put airconditioners in the Arizona prisons, so he tries to prevent criminals from coming in in the first place with a high percentage of border-crossers being habitual criminals encouraged to leave Mexico and let Uncle Sam pay for their continued imprisonment after they make a little trouble north of the border.

This fits in with Obama's plan to screw and Goddamn America with his mentor of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright.

"This fits in with Obama's plan to screw and Goddamn America with his mentor of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright."

Wait...you are moving too fast for me here. Sherrif Joe has taken it upon himself to enforce laws that are not under his legal jutrisdiction in order to stop the Mexicans from Goddamning America as part of Jeremiah Wright's anti-America coiliition?
Could you diagram that for us so that we can sort of connect the dots?

"This fits in with Obama's plan to screw and Goddamn America with his mentor of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright."

Wait...you are moving too fast for me here. Sherrif Joe has taken it upon himself to enforce laws that are not under his legal jutrisdiction in order to stop the Mexicans from Goddamning America as part of Jeremiah Wright's anti-America coiliition?
No.

No.

Well, I'll tell you one thing. If Sheriff Joe ever runs for political office against Rev. Wright, I promise not to vote for Wright!

Forum List

Back