Judge overseeing Trump classified documents case deals blows to special counsel Jack Smith

Let's get this back on track again.

Can anyone make a reasonable argument that Trump should not have at least the same amount of the time that the prosecution took to investigate and gather documents that it claims are evidence to look at those documents and prepare a defense?

Something reasonable, none of this "people's right to a speedy trial," or "he's guilty, so he doesn't need any time to prepare," nonsense.
He has had more time than Smith.

Grifty has known that what he was doing is illegal since July 2022...

And that time should be......

1). 5 months
2). 6-10 months
3). 11-14 Months
4). Just enough to be after the Election, so like 14+ months.
Your puppet master ran away from that question, when I asked it of him.

But, I'm happy to answer. 10-12 months is reasonable. Nothing to to with the election. That's the prosecution's deal, trying to time the case with key election dates, having timed the indictments to follow key revelations about the Bidens.

But the prosecution gets even that wrong. A trial during the election year would guarantee wall-to-wall Trump coverage, galvanize his voters, and give his lawyers a chance to take apart the government's case before November 5th, 2024.

Good!

Why is Jack Smith, an inveterate leaker...

You misunderstand what constitutes a leak, and what does not. Name something Special Counsel Jack Smith has 'leaked.' Much of hat people are calling leaks, are not in fact leaks. Wikipedia has a pretty simple definition: A news leak is the unsanctioned release of confidential information to news media. It can also be the premature publication of information by a news outlet, of information that it has agreed not to release before a specified time, in violation of a news embargo.

Let's see if we can get back to discussing the topic, instead of letting it continue to devolve into childish insults.

From the Honorable Judge Cannon's ruling as posted by the OP:

Waltine Nauta shall file a response to the Motion for a Garcia hearing [ECF No. 97]
on or before August 17, 2023. Among other topics as raised in the Motion, the
response shall address the legal propriety of using an out-of-district grand jury
proceeding to continue to investigate and/or to seek post-indictment hearings on
matters pertinent to the instant indicted matter in this district.

A Garcia hearing is hearing to make sure that defendants who are represented by the same attorney each understand the possible conflict of interest that such an arrangement entails, and that that they understand that they are entitled to an attorney who represents them alone. Pretty routine.

But Cannon asked Nauta (through his attorney, who is also Trump's attorney) to address the question of why the prosecutor would continue to seek indictments via a grand jury out of the district of her court. It appears to be blatant jury shopping, which is why the judge would question it.

Supporters of Jack Smith's efforts, what reason would be valid for doing that?
Right wing media will rot your brain. 😄

There's nothing special about having different grand juries. Cannon is a fucking moron who needed it explained to her like she were a child.

He was told by his attorney.....
His attorney told him that his ideas about changing the election results would not fly. He did not tell him that filing court cases is a crime.
What do you believe the evidence against him is?
It's up to the prosecution to say what evidence they have and its up to the judge to give Trump's legal team time to prepare a defense.

Why ask me what the evidence is against him? You believe he's guilty, so you should say what the evidence is.

Right wing media will rot your brain. 😄

There's nothing special about having different grand juries. Cannon is a fucking moron who needed it explained to her like she were a child.

What a crock of shit….That’s a whole lot of pretzel you’re twisting there…

What a crock of shit….That’s a whole lot of pretzel you’re twisting there…
No. Real shit you moron. Its very easy to follow and understand which is what makes Judges Cannons attempts to deflect so funny.

Yuscil Taveras lied to the Washington grand jury that was investigating stolen top secret documents from Washington. During the course of the investigation they learned the documents ended up in Mar-a-lago that's why they convened a grand jury down in Florida. However Taveras gave his initial testimony to the Washington grand jury, where he lied and has admitted to lying, so that is where his crime of perjury took place. Hence an indictment from the Washington jury. Simple. You morons. Like I said, stop listening to right wing media. That shit will rot your brain. Maybe it would help if we got the ghost of Nancy Reagan to give a PSA?

His attorney told him that his ideas about changing the election results would not fly. He did not tell him that filing court cases is a crime.

It's up to the prosecution to say what evidence they have and its up to the judge to give Trump's legal team time to prepare a defense.

Why ask me what the evidence is against him? You believe he's guilty, so you should say what the evidence is.
His attorney told him that his ideas about changing the election results would not fly

THIS IS THE DOCUMENTS CASE, IDIOT.

Why ask me what the evidence is against him?

BECAUSE YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

SEE ABOVE.

Hey Meister ,

Where's the fucking content in the post you just applauded?

Cretin.
It's all the content you were capable of handling at that point.

When I judge you ready for more rhetorical ass-kicking, I'll give you some more content. I'm not one to run up the score when I'm too far ahead to be caught up with, or kick a clown when he's down.

Meanwhile, continue with the ALL CAPS, the childish profanity, and even throw in some emoticons if they would help you get down off the ledge.

The5thHorseman owns SeymourFlops as a fox does a hamstrung bunny, or I own MartyBegan or Votar Roja.

The so called 'blows' by the Judge are meaningless to the prosecution team.

What is far more meaningful is the Judge's ruling in GA that jurors will remain anonymous.

Forum List

Back