Judge rules trump spent decades defeauding insurers and bankers

Well...not sure how this plays..but not good for the Donald, I think--just a civil case..but gotta sting a bit:

Former President Donald Trump submitted "fraudulent valuations" for assets that were then used by himself, his eldest sons and his business to obtain better loan and insurance terms, a judge in New York decided Tuesday.
The judge's determination came as he granted partial summary judgment in New York Attorney General Letitia James' multimillion-dollar civil fraud lawsuit.
Judge Arthur Engoron cites "false and misleading square footage" of Trump's Fifth Avenue apartment among other faulty valuations.

The judge immediately canceled all of the defendants' business certificates in New York, and ordered that they must recommend no more than three potential independent receivers to manage the dissolution of the canceled LLCs within 10 days.
This severely restricts Trump's ability to conduct business in New York going forward.

The judge said Trump and the other defendants have a "propensity to engage in persistent fraud," severely undercutting the defense Trump will offer when the case goes on trial next month.
so he did what just about everyone does,, got it,,

From the link:

Trump inflated the value of his own Trump Tower residence between $114 million and $207 million, including claiming the property was triple its actual size in square feet, Engoron ruled.
"A discrepancy of this order of magnitude, by a real estate developer sizing up his own living space of decades, can only be considered fraud," Engoron said in his order.
Forgive me and millions of others who are skeptical of press reports about Trump.

Will this hurt his chances of gaining the repub nomination? Or will it bolster his standing with MAGA?
One thing I don't understand. If I apply for a loan they check me out from head to toe. Why don't banks do the same when dishing out millions of dollars? My thoughts are, this is on them for not checking out Trump's claims.

Forgive me and millions of others who are skeptical of press reports about Trump.
I get that....but these are matters of legal record..and it does seem odd that someone would exaggerate the size of their home..by such a margin...and with such a favorable valuation hanging on what can only be taken as a deliberate lie~

Then there are all the other inflated valuations--hard to just shake them off...at least, the judge couldn't do it.

No banks, etc. complained. It is normal haggling.

The judge is a known Trump hater who refused to move the case where it should have been, in commercial court.

No one was harmed. No actual complainants, just the Trump-hating NY AG who ran in 2018 to get Trump.

Nah, no TDS Fueled© hate here.
Square footage is not negotiable.

It's one of those things we folks on the left call a "fact".

Forum List

Back