Judge sets absurd trial date for Trump case

That's what I said, Shitferbrains. No way Team Trump can be ready until after the election. Trump is not going to let these baseless charges keep him from running for office, because then, all anyone would have to do to win an election is just charge their opponent with indictments up the yingyang to tie them up like Joe Bidden is trying to do.
You have to commit a crime in order to be indicted..... You CAN'T just pull that crap out of thin air....

A grand jury, with all the evidence presented, by majority, has to determine that there is probable cause, you likely broke a criminal statute, before any person or candidate would be indicted.

Your STORY of what could be, is utter bull crap....

Trump was indicted by a grand jury, for the crimes he more than not, likely committed.....

For a start: Trump would likely not continue to pursue America's proxy war against Russia. The obvious downside on that is that America would be forfeiting it's chances on being the world's only superpower into the rest of the 21st. century.

The downside on Trump failing would be an increasing possibility of nuclear war being started by Biden.

We should all believe that Trump is smart enough to understand that Russia will not be defeated!
I think he would. He has said he would have pressured Putin to avoid the war in the first place by arming Ukraine to defend itself. Remember, Obama/Biden were only willing to give Ukraine humanitarian aid and Trump gave them war fighting supplies.

You have to commit a crime in order to be indicted..... You CAN'T just pull that crap out of thin air....

A grand jury, with all the evidence presented, by majority, has to determine that there is probable cause, you likely broke a criminal statute, before any person or candidate would be indicted.

Your STORY of what could be, is utter bull crap....

Trump was indicted by a grand jury, for the crimes he more than not, likely committed.....
You don’t know how grand juries operate. I’ve sat on a Criminal Grand Jury. The Jury only sees the evidence the prosecutor wants them to. He is in total control of the proceedings. The defense can’t even observe, let alone present any evidence. There can be a million pieces of exonerating evidence and three indicating guilt. All the grand jury will see are the three pieces that support the prosecution’s narrative.

wtf are you talking about? She's right. Smith was the Special Counsel on both cases.

There was a lot of evidence to uncover. Plus, being against a former president, they needed to make sure every 'i' was dotted. That takes time.
Oh, bullshit! You know as well as I do that those indictments were timed to handcuff Trump's campaign. It's why the different prosecutors were colluding with each other and the Biden White House.

Just when I think you can't be any more uninformed, Care you post something like this.
There are 4 cases

Bragg in NY for election cheating in 2016....

Smith in Florida, Mara Lago Documents

Smith in D.C., Jan 6th/election subversion

Willis in Georgia, RICO Case of election interference, fake electors, stealing of voting machines, illegally harassing election workers case etc etc

Those are the 4 trials to come.

The trial for Jan 6th with Jack Smith was given a date of March 4th START today, when argued in court. It could move out from there.....but the start, picking the jury, is set for now.

Based on what? This judge has already expressed the sentiment that it's in the public interest to see this case settled before the election.

That makes no sense.
The people are supposed to decide when they vote.
This is an attempt harm the voting process.
That is illegal.

There are 4 cases

Willis in Georgia, RICO Case of election interference, fake electors, stealing of voting machines, illegally harassing election workers case etc etc

The trial for Jan 6th with Jack Smith was given a date of March 4th START today, when argued in court. It could move out from there.....but the start, picking the jury, is set for now.

Bragg in NY is actually just about paying hush money.
Which clearly is legal.
What is illegal is Stormy Daniel extorting hush money.

Oh, bullshit! You know as well as I do that those indictments were timed to handcuff Trump's campaign. It's why the different prosecutors were colluding with each other and the Biden White House.

Nope, I don't know that. How quickly do you think it takes to assemble a case with over 12 million documents?

Nope. He's charging him with willful retention of national defense information.

Its a much simpler charge to make, as the classified status of the documents is irrelevant to the case that Jack has to make. Only that the docs contained national defense information and Trump willfully refused to give them back.

Trump's claim that the docs were declassified is also easily disproven by Trump's own admission....when he admitted that the secret document he was showing off had never been declassified.

TWICE. The dipshit recorded his confession twice. On two separate days.
First of all a US President is the ultimate authority on classification of documents. Trump has the same rights as any other President. Joe Biden on the other hand took classified documents when he was a Senator and while he was Vice President...something that you can't even begin to argue he was legally able to do.

As for what Trump admitted to? He held up some papers that we have no way of knowing what they were. Can you prove that those papers contained national defense information? Can Jack Smith? I'd like to know how.

There are 4 cases

Yeah, Oldestyle doesn't get that. He's not well-informed.

Bragg in NY is actually just about paying hush money.
Which clearly is legal.
What is illegal is Stormy Daniel extorting hush money.

Huh, if it were completely legal, Trump's attorney would not have spent time in jail for doing that.

You don’t know how grand juries operate. I’ve sat on a Criminal Grand Jury. The Jury only sees the evidence the prosecutor wants them to. He is in total control of the proceedings. The defense can’t even observe, let alone present any evidence. There can be a million pieces of exonerating evidence and three indicating guilt. All the grand jury will see are the three pieces that support the prosecution’s narrative.
Yes, I know how grand juries work....they are not finding a person guilty of a crime, that happens in a trial after both sides present their side of the story/evidence....they do need to find that there is probable reason to believe a crime was committed, they do not need to prove a target is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

First of all a US President is the ultimate authority on classification of documents. Trump has the same rights as any other President. Joe Biden on the other hand took classified documents when he was a Senator and while he was Vice President...something that you can't even begin to argue he was legally able to do.

As for what Trump admitted to? He held up some papers that we have no way of knowing what they were. Can you prove that those papers contained national defense information? Can Jack Smith? I'd like to know how.

Well Trump said it was a classified document that as an ex-president, he could no longer declassify.

That question has already been answered. The trial is about the laws trump broke trying to overturn a fair, legal election which he lost.

While I tend to agree Trump lost the last election, it is completely impossible for Trump to have remotely done anything to "overturn a fair, legal election".
The results were public on election night, so how could anyone possibly change anything?
If you kidnapped the official electors and tried to replace them with alternates, everyone would know.
This is the craziest, most insane, and impossible charge I have ever heard of in my whole life.

Nope, I don't know that. How quickly do you think it takes to assemble a case with over 12 million documents?
Let me see if I understand your "logic"! It takes two and a half years for Jack Smith to assemble his "evidence" but the Trump team is supposed to go through 12 million documents in a small amount of time? That's not the way it works in a REAL courtroom, Faun! Smith has done the classic "document dump" on Trump's legal team swamping them with millions of documents while asking the judge for a speedy trial. Any unbiased judge would tell the prosecutor that's not the way things work.

Yes, I know how grand juries work....they are not finding a person guilty of a crime, that happens in a trial after both sides present their side of the story/evidence....they do need to find that there is probable reason to believe a crime was committed, they do not need to prove a target is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

It is much worse than that.
Since there is no judge, the prosecutor can and usually does lie.
That is why the comparison to indicting a "ham sandwich".
Highly inappropriate.

Well Trump said it was a classified document that as an ex-president, he could no longer declassify.
He's also said that the papers he held up weren't classified at all...that he was just making a point. So how does Jack Smith prove what the papers actually were? Good luck on that.

It is unlikely in the extreme that a massive trial of this magnitude (Constitutionally, politically, historically and legally) will be “ready” for trial that soon. But the judge’s very biased agenda is crystal clear. And it’s unacceptable.

(Since this trial is far more about politics than justice, I chose the politics forum).
Nonsense.

Trump’s lawyers are already prepared for trial; the trial date Trump's lawyers want is unreasonable and ridiculous.

Ex-presidents do not have to "declassify" anything.
When president, he gave lots of classified docs to generals, ambassadors, allies, labs, etc.
Do they have to return them when someone else becomes president?
Of course not.
That is because the authority over the classified docs created during an administration, it perpetual.
It never ends.
Ex-presidents still have access to all their classified docs in their presidential library, forever.
So "declassifying", is never necessary or relevant.

Let me see if I understand your "logic"! It takes two and a half years for Jack Smith to assemble his "evidence" but the Trump team is supposed to go through 12 million documents in a small amount of time? That's not the way it works in a REAL courtroom, Faun! Smith has done the classic "document dump" on Trump's legal team swamping them with millions of documents while asking the judge for a speedy trial. Any unbiased judge would tell the prosecutor that's not the way things work.

Trump's team is not investigating potential crimes. They do need a fair amount of time to go through all of discovery but it shouldn't take as long as the investigation.

Forum List

Back