Judging A Presidency

Oh! Nooooozzzzz!

I challenged sindy to actually think.....to post more than 'is not, is not,' and

he ran off and hid under his widdle bed!

Come back, come back....your Liberal creds are safe!

It's OK....you don't have to actually put any thought into your post!

On the other hand...
How can I possibly be a great poster with gnats like you as my opposition. I need a higher quality of opposition!

1. For a successful Presidency, Perception is the means, Protection is the end.

2. After all, isn't the protection of our nation the reason for choosing one candidate over another? We judge their vision, usually based on their resume, their experience, if they have any in an executive capacity. Or, if none of the above, the vision that he communicates to the rest of us.
If there is another basis for the selection.....it is usually a mistake.

3. And we learned to do this....early on. After all, didn't Chris Rock explain to us that the President is, like, our father, or 'the boss.'
Heck... what kind of father is unable to protect his wife and children?
And a boss cannot husband his business costs us our job. "The president and the first lady are kind of like the mom and the dad of the country," ... Chris Rock Calls Obamas 'Mom and Dad of the Country' During Gun Control Rally in Washington - The Hollywood Reporter

4. What does 'perception' entail?
It means an awareness of the elements of environment; it means being quick, acute, and intuitive; a capacity for comprehension.
But isn't that a description of each and every one of us, to a greater or lesser degree? Well....then why not pick a name out of a hat and be done with the election?

a. In fact, William Buckley, Jr. had pretty much that idea: “I would rather be governed by the first 2000 people in the Manhattan phone book than the entire faculty of Harvard.”

5. What it comes down to, is that we expect our President, carefully chosen, to have the perception to see what is the most advantageous set of actions and courses, to protect our nation from danger, and to steer a course toward success. True?

6. I recall a couple of chapters in James Frazer's "The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion" in which he explains how primitive societies chose their king, one who would serve as intermediary between the people and the gods...and get plenty of rainfall, good crops. etc. He had to know the correct way to placate the gods, and produce the best outcome. Perception is the means, Protection is the end.
And woe betide the king who didn't do his job.

7. So....how about the 'dad' we chose...and put in charge of our house....the White House?

a. Did he convince you that he had the perception, the correct vision necessary to fix the economy? After all, he said “if I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.” Fact Check ? Obama and the ?One-Term Proposition? - ABC News
So....is welfare "getting it done"? Food stamps and government doles instead of employment?
"The civilian labor force declined by 496,000 over the month, and the labor force participation rate decreased by 0.2 percentage point to 63.3 percent." Employment Situation News Release

b. And who would say that 'dad' made the world a better place based on how he's handled the Middle East? Threw out leaders who kept things stable, and favored America, and supported rebels who favor radical Islam in Libya, Egypt, Iran, and now, even in Iraq.
"Al Qaeda in Iraq and Syrian rebel group Jabhat al-Nusra make it official." Al Qaeda in Iraq and Syrian rebel group Jabhat al-Nusra make it official - CSMonitor.com
What can be said about his perception? Is this what he foresaw and wished for....or was a case of incomprehension?

c. How's this for "Perception is the means, Protection is the end,": more nuclear threats in the world today, and our 'dad' proposes to cut down our nuclear weapons?

But when it comes right down to it....perhaps he had the perception to judge the stupidity of those who voted for him....not once, but twice.

President Obama?s Second Term; Symbolic or Ironic | Politic365

The Obama administration has done great work. It is able to claim a number of legislative successes during its first term. For example it was able to pass the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act // Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010; the Dodd-Frank (DF) Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, the biggest financial reform law since the Great Depression; the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act; Instituted equal pay for women; the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act to include gender, sexual orientation and disability; supported the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell and supported marriage equality; Provided $20 billion increase for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; Appointed first black Attorney General, Eric Holder; and appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court. These are all significant actions and should be recognized as such.

Don't everybody all clap at once.

Is that the same Wilmer Leon who wrote:

"by Dr. Wilmer J. Leon III
Ben Carson, the brain doctor, has joined the ranks of the Right’s favorite Negroes. “The likes of a Wardell Connerly, Shelby Steele, or Clarence Thomas stand before conservatives and argue that we no longer need Affirmative Action, Head Start, and other social programs.”

Wow...a jerk quoting a jerk.
How unusual.

Poet....that was so very nice of you to recognize this post in the rep you sent.....

Due to the ambiguous nature of your message, I'm left to assume that you agreed with the essence of my post....

...and you've learned your lesson.

Good boy!
So much for all those folks who felt you were ineducable!

President Obama?s Second Term; Symbolic or Ironic | Politic365

The Obama administration has done great work. It is able to claim a number of legislative successes during its first term. For example it was able to pass the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act // Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010; the Dodd-Frank (DF) Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, the biggest financial reform law since the Great Depression; the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act; Instituted equal pay for women; the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act to include gender, sexual orientation and disability; supported the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell and supported marriage equality; Provided $20 billion increase for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; Appointed first black Attorney General, Eric Holder; and appointment of first Latina to the Supreme Court. These are all significant actions and should be recognized as such.

Don't everybody all clap at once.

Ben Carson, the brain doctor, has joined the ranks of the Right’s favorite Negroes. “The likes of a Wardell Connerly, Shelby Steele, or Clarence Thomas stand before conservatives and argue that we no longer need Affirmative Action, Head Start, and other social programs.”

How unusual.

Poet....that was so very nice of you to recognize this post in the rep you sent.....

Due to the ambiguous nature of your message, I'm left to assume that you agreed with the essence of my post....

Good boy!

**** #4. The day that I agree with you, bitch, is the day that Hell will freeze over.
Boy? You don't call the image that is reflected in your mirror a boy...don't call me one. Racist piece of shit. PoliticalShit.

What we do know is that Obama will be judged to be in the top ten and Bush in the bottom ten

How unusual.

Good boy!

**** #4. The day that I agree with you, bitch, is the day that Hell will freeze over.
Boy? You don't call the image that is reflected in your mirror a boy...don't call me one. Racist piece of shit. PoliticalShit.

It is amusing how easily it is proven that I've wounded you.....

No doubt you've learned to speak that way with and from those most dear to you. I'm proud to say, we don't use that sort of language......

But now that you've revealed how I can push your buttons.....you can be certain that more will follow.
Be sure you have those blood pressure pills handy....you're going to need 'em.

What we do know is that Obama will be judged to be in the top ten and Bush in the bottom ten

My wishes for you are a long and healthy life, so that the contumely of history and historians sits heavily on your shoulders.

Not only will the mistake in the White House be known to all....but folks who put him there will get the vituperation that they, you, so richly deserve.

Be well....for long.

Good boy!

No doubt you've learned to speak that way with and from those most dear to you. I'm proud to say, we don't use that sort of language......

But now that you've revealed how I can push your buttons.....you can be certain that more will follow.

Wounded? You've overestimated your impact. I learned to speak that way from dealing with lower lifeforms, such as yourself. And no, you don't use that sort of language. :muahaha::muahaha::muahaha: More like every racial pejorative in the book.

My wishes for you are a long and healthy life, so that the contumely of history and historians sits heavily on your shoulders.

Not only will the mistake in the White House be known to all....but folks who put him there will get the vituperation that they, you, so richly deserve.

Be well....for long.

You're already getting what you deserve....a black man, in the most powerful position in the world. How do you sleep at night? LOL
Mistake??? That would be you....the very reason for birth control.

Wounded? You've overestimated your impact. I learned to speak that way from dealing with lower lifeforms, such as yourself. And no, you don't use that sort of language. :muahaha::muahaha::muahaha: More like every racial pejorative in the book.

Toooooo late, little fella'

I've got your number.

Beware.

Toooooo late, little fella'

I've got your number.

Beware.
A veiled threat? Reported.

How can you be this stupid and survive? In any other society you would have starved to death years ago.

Let's look at the record....Historians do

Bush
Gave up the 9-11 attack.....his response would determine his greatness as president
He attacked Afgahanistan to pursue terrorists
Gave up on the war on terrorism to invade Iraq
Botched the war in Iraq
Engaged in torture.....created Gitmo
Botched Katrina
Stood by passively as the economy collapsed

Obama

Prevented a Depression
Saved the auto companies
Passed Obamacare
Pushed Gay rights
Ended wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
Killed bin Laden

How can you be this stupid and survive? In any other society you would have starved to death years ago.

Let's look at the record....Historians do

Bush
Gave up the 9-11 attack.....his response would determine his greatness as president
He attacked Afgahanistan to pursue terrorists
Gave up on the war on terrorism to invade Iraq
Botched the war in Iraq
Engaged in torture.....created Gitmo
Botched Katrina
Stood by passively as the economy collapsed

Obama

Prevented a Depression
Saved the auto companies
Passed Obamacare
Pushed Gay rights
Ended wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
Killed bin Laden

Thank you. The right wing nuts forever want to change or distort reality.

'
Looking at PoliticalChic's blonde-haired avatar, I am reminded that the quintessence of the Aryan Blonde Beast in the United States was not Superman, but Flash Gordon. In the early movie serials, they even used Liszt's Les Préludes as the musical leitmotif, which the Nazis later used as the signal on radio to introduce the announcement of any new "military victory."

Superman, on the other hand, always struck me as the coded representative, in the days of America's deepest racism, for black people, and for all the oppressed classes of America. He had black hair (a rarity in the heros of the period), he worked in a crumby, everyday job, the butt of jokes for everybody around him -- disrespected in every way. But the reality of his Being was quite different -- he was the Man -- the Superman!
Superman fought "for Truth and Justice," which have always been the most dangerous enemies of America's ruling class.

In the beginning, there was no bumptious, jingoistic "and the American Way" -- that came in after the USA became a National Security State and the bastion of totalitarian, militaristic brainwashing.

A veiled threat? Reported.

Beg all you want.....

....too late.

You must actually believe you're Supergirl. Bitch, that was a comic book.

I love watching you squirm, you little worm....

...and the best part is knowing that little ol' moi is responsible for your discomfort.

Yet....it does't seem like much of a victory....you're far too easy a target.
Clearly, you are a non-dimensional individual with a one-dimensional view of the world.

Forum List

Back