Jury deliberating in Michael Dunn trial

There isn't any point in arguing. He's guilty. The people who know what happened, who heard the testimony and saw the evidence, have decided that he is guilty.

Justice has prevailed. Time to move on.

at this point he is not guilty of murder

Guilty of attempted murder and will have the opportunity once again to defend himself against murder.

so says the state

but i wonder if they really want to open that can of worms again

There isn't any point in arguing. He's guilty. The people who know what happened, who heard the testimony and saw the evidence, have decided that he is guilty.

Justice has prevailed. Time to move on.

Really matters little. He's not getting out of jail. A retrial is probably a good idea, they will probably win it as well.

My point is that the people who heard all of the testimony, saw all of the evidence, found him guilty. None of us are qualified to doubt them.

they will probably win it as well.

i would not be so sure of that

his defense missed many chances on this charge

and the jury still hung

on it being a self defense issue

Really matters little. He's not getting out of jail. A retrial is probably a good idea, they will probably win it as well.

My point is that the people who heard all of the testimony, saw all of the evidence, found him guilty. None of us are qualified to doubt them.

and the jury still hung

Have you heard that was what they hung on??

In my opinion, they probably hung on whether it was Murder 1 or Murder 2.

and the jury still hung

maybe but not according to the questions they asked the judge

the question that came out

was about self defense and if self defense applied to one charge

does it apply to all

that is why it would be interesting to hear

what the jury has to say

and the jury still hung

does it apply to all

what the jury has to say

Good point. :thup:

and the jury still hung

Well, without knowing what they were hung up on, I can only speculate based on what I know. (I did say "Probably win") Seems to me that since they didn't find a gun, and he shot at a fleeing vehicle, and failed to call the police and report being threatened with a gun, I can't see how it isn't murder.

I don't like her much but in this case she gets it right. She's says if the roles were reversed, a black man firing into an SUV full of white people we wouldn't even be having this conversation, it would have been over long ago. She's right.

LINK:Worth a listen

does it apply to all

what the jury has to say

Good point. :thup:

someone on the jury

realized (no thanks to the defense)

that the back door had to be open

when the first three shots had been fired

this is probably why they asked for the dummy and the orange sticks

the three shots could not have entered the door straight on

had the door been closed

they would have been angled like the ones in the front door

images

and the jury still hung

Well, without knowing what they were hung up on, I can only speculate based on what I know. (I did say "Probably win") Seems to me that since they didn't find a gun, and he shot at a fleeing vehicle, and failed to call the police and report being threatened with a gun, I can't see how it isn't murder.

it looks like he was convicted on the last shots

the ones fired into the vehicle

the questions the jury asked the judge

was about self defense

and if it was self defense in one count

if it had to be self defense in all the other counts

the judge said no

shortly after they came back

with a verdict

It's the action/behavior of the Dunn's and Zimmerman's of the world which makes me hope there's a hell.

Dunn is guilty, Zimmerman is not, and your butthurt is showing.

I'm not "butthurt", whatever that means; it's odd how you and others like you are so fascinated with that part of another males anatomy, but I digress.

I have two sons and I have empathy and understanding for the parents of the two young men killed with malice. Why don't you? That seems very odd to me.

If he walks...this certainly gives black people in Florida the impression that they can be shot with impunity....with the excuse that black people are threatening enough to shoot.

No it doesn't. The only impression it would give (to an intelligent mind) is that if a killing cannot be proven to be something other than self-defense, then there cannot be a conviction. It's about time for everybody (including Blacks) to stop acting stupid.

That's ludicrous.

What it creates is what the poster pointed out.

We now have a police force everywhere.

The time for the citizen to mete out justice has long passed.

And advocating a return to that is a fool's errand.

The other 3 who left the scene... will think twice about fucking with Whitey next time. I would say that overall this was a plus for society.

Could be, or the next time they see a dead-eyed middle age white guy, they may feel afraid for their lives and need to "stand their ground"

That is the slippery slope that the intemperate sans-culottes that run that state didn't stop to consider :cuckoo:

You got it backwards. Middle-aged (and older) white guys don't have a chip on their shoulder, and are out causing trouble. Young blacks guys do that. Just like in this case. If the young loudmouths had not been blasting their radio so loud (on purpose to annoy white people who they know hate that noise, falsely called "music"), none of this would have happened.

The middle-aged white guys carry their guns for self-defense, which the prosecution in this case never proved it wasn't, which is why it probaby will be overturned on appeal.

At least that piece of shit will be off the street for at least 20 years. Hopefully that will be enough to dissuade all the Dirty Harry wannabees down yonder from indulging their snuff fantasies.
And the piece of shit he plugged will be off the street permanently. The other 3 who left the scene to get rid of the shotgun (and change their pants) will think twice about fucking with Whitey next time. I would say that overall this was a plus for society.

Actually you had to go clean your shorts at the sentence.

Your day is over, sparky.

Relax. This is only the first round. The defense is appealing, and the whole thing will probably be thrown out due to insufficient evidence (inability to prove there was no gun in the SUV). The only thing that could save the prosecution's case is if white jurors get intimidated by black jurors knowing their identity, putting those white jurors in danger of retaliation from the black-racist, lunatic fringe. (as could very well have happened in THIS trial)

And the piece of shit he plugged will be off the street permanently. The other 3 who left the scene to get rid of the shotgun (and change their pants) will think twice about fucking with Whitey next time. I would say that overall this was a plus for society.

Relax. This is only the first round. The defense is appealing, and the whole thing will probably be thrown out due to insufficient evidence (inability to prove there was no gun in the SUV). The only thing that could save the prosecution's case is if white jurors get intimidated by black jurors knowing their identity, putting those white jurors in danger of retaliation from the black-racist, lunatic fringe. (as could very well have happened in THIS trial)

The 4 charges he was convicted on had plenty of evidence. It's easy to prove attempted murder and shooting or throwing a deadly missile when there are 9 bullet holes in the SUV.

If he walks...this certainly gives black people in Florida the impression that they can be shot with impunity....with the excuse that black people are threatening enough to shoot.

No it doesn't. The only impression it would give (to an intelligent mind) is that if a killing cannot be proven to be something other than self-defense, then there cannot be a conviction. It's about time for everybody (including Blacks) to stop acting stupid.

That's ludicrous.

NONSENSE! There is no "return". Nothing's changed. The law in Florida (and other states) still is as always. Citizens have concealed weapons permits, carry loaded pistols, bullet in the chamber ready to fire, and those who attack these people WILL BE SHOT, in full protection of the self-defense laws that were properly enacted by the people, through their elected representitives. You are just talking out of your ass.

That's ludicrous.

NONSENSE! There is no "return". Nothing's changed. The law in Florida (and other states) still is as always. Citizens have concealed weapons permits, carry loaded pistols, bullet in the chamber ready to fire, and those who attack these people WILL BE SHOT, in full protection of the self-defense laws that were properly enacted by the people, through their elected representitives. You are just talking out of your ass.

The kids did not attack the asshole.

He attacked them.

The 4 charges he was convicted on had plenty of evidence. It's easy to prove attempted murder and shooting or throwing a deadly missile when there are 9 bullet holes in the SUV.

HA! What a dumb post. It doesn't even come close to refuting the only thing that matters which is insufficient evidence (inability to prove there was no gun in the SUV), 9 bullets or 90 bullets. The only thing that has "plenty of evidence" is that you're not too good at presenting an argument for debate.

Forum List

Back