Just a thought for Republicans that dislike Trump.

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.

Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.
Trump polls at around 20% of Democratic voters.

Then it's a bet republicans will lose.

There is a lot of excitement for Trump. He has charisma, and his common sense message resonates. He is drawing record crowds and I believe he will get the votes of a lot of blue collar Democrats. He is the man to beat.

The people that do not like him are jealous of his massive success and matching ego. They'd rather elect a loser, like themselves!

Then it's a bet republicans will lose.
Thanks, Clayton, I need a good a laugh before going to bed.

All in all it has been a fantastic weekend.

The Republican party is shattered into pieces. There are millions of Republicans that won't vote for Trump no matter what. Many believe that Hillary Clinton is more conservative than he is. Whether he'll be able to convince them that he's really not a liberal, is the question. He has a real history of supporting liberal democrat policies, like Obama's 878 billion dollar stimulus bill.

That Time Donald Trump Praised The Stimulus Package On Fox News

If you think you can win with 30% of the Republican party you are crazy. If 70% dislike him you think he is going to get the entire party? Fat chance

What is being shattered is the status quo of the GOP that is loaded with career fat cats and pundits who are scared shitless at the prospect of being summarily dismissed by the Trump wave. Trump won't get just 30% of the GOP and he will get Independents and Democrats and people who had given up but actually hear a glimmer of hope when Trump speaks.

THere's gonna be HUUUUGE buyers remorse should Trump be selected. His tyrannical way of doing business is gonna turn folks against him quickly. Because MOST of his support is not looking for "deals".. They are looking to reduce the growth and restrain the power of Fed Govt. He's NOT a political reformer.

All all those "Great People" he owns and controls are not gonna put up his ego and flippant ways of making pronouncements and decisions. It's gonna be a disaster of EPIC proportions should he get elected.

Be damned certain of one thing. He is NOT intending to govern as a Republican or a Conservative or for that matter with ANY POLITICAL consistency. So when your only goal is winning, you are gonna LOSE every shred of party identity you own when he's done destroying your brand.

If this is the best BOTH parties are offering -- God help the United States of America..

If you think you can win with 30% of the Republican party you are crazy. If 70% dislike him you think he is going to get the entire party? Fat chance

Romney won New Hampshire with 39% of the vote, Trump with 35%.

Romney LOST South Carolina with 27%, Trump won with 32%.

Romney lost to Obama by 4.7%. Trump primaries have record high turnouts...Clinton primaries, not even close to 2008.

Trump is the guy who can win. Only Trump can be competitive in PA, WI and NH.

270towin Toss-up.png

270towin.com

THere's gonna be HUUUUGE buyers remorse should Trump be selected. His tyrannical way of doing business is gonna turn folks against him quickly. Because MOST of his support is not looking for "deals".. They are looking to reduce the growth and restrain the power of Fed Govt. He's NOT a political reformer.

All all those "Great People" he owns and controls are not gonna put up his ego and flippant ways of making pronouncements and decisions. It's gonna be a disaster of EPIC proportions should he get elected.

If this is the best BOTH parties are offering -- God help the United States of America..
That is mighty thin soup as we used to say back in the bad old days before color TV.

The Republican party is shattered into pieces. There are millions of Republicans that won't vote for Trump no matter what. Many believe that Hillary Clinton is more conservative than he is. Whether he'll be able to convince them that he's really not a liberal, is the question. He has a real history of supporting liberal democrat policies, like Obama's 878 billion dollar stimulus bill.

That Time Donald Trump Praised The Stimulus Package On Fox News

Stop projecting your own beliefs onto others. You've already made a total ass of yourself with your ridiculous shilling for Fiorina.

Be damned certain of one thing. He is NOT intending to govern as a Republican or a Conservative or for that matter with ANY POLITICAL consistency. So when your only goal is winning, you are gonna LOSE every shred of party identity you own when he's done destroying your brand.

Who was the last president to reduce the growth and restrain the power of the Federal Government? Reduce spending. Secure the border?

Who was the last president to reduce the growth and restrain the power of the Federal Government? Reduce spending. Secure the border?

Politicians aren't actually for shrinking the size of government because that would limit their power. It's just something conservative politicians say to rile up their base. To my knowledge the federal government has never shrunk by a meaningful amount, only grown.

He has the least appeal amongst Democrats and independents. He can't win just with Republicans.

djxlrdtxkka5dyre_19ha.png

Donald Trump has said he's going to expand the military and not cut Medicare and SS.

Since those three are 70% of the budget, why do you think Trump would decrease spending?

Politicians aren't actually for shrinking the size of government because that would limit their power. It's just something conservative politicians say to rile up their base. To my knowledge the federal government has never shrunk by a meaningful amount, only grown.

I agree with you 100%. But here is the deal--------> while I believe government growing is a bad thing, government growing and not having the economy grow large enough to sustain its growth is worse. That is what has been happening since Clinton came close to a balance.

Want more government, then groooooow the economy like gangbusters, it is just that simple. Can't have it both ways without having America go broke, it is just, that, simple.

I believe that under Reagan the federal budget shrank as a percentage of the over all GDP, but it wasnt by much.

I agree with you 100%. But here is the deal--------> while I believe government growing is a bad thing, government growing and not having the economy grow large enough to sustain its growth is worse. That is what has been happening since Clinton came close to a balance.

Want more government, then groooooow the economy like gangbusters, it is just that simple. Can't have it both ways without having America go broke, it is just, that, simple.
Yep. Sustainable growth before big promises.

Forum List

Back