Just as a reminder of how shitty our healthcare system is

Our health care system isn't shitty, it's just put together like a jigsaw puzzle with pieces that don't fit.

In fact, it's not even really a "system".
Whatever it is, it is too expensive for sure.
We have seven (7) different delivery/payment systems in this country, none of which communicates directly with the others:
  1. Individual/ACA
  2. Group
  3. Medicare
  4. Medicaid
  5. VA
  6. Workers Comp
  7. Indigent
Somehow, the adjective "absurd" doesn't seem strong enough.

Our health care system isn't shitty, it's just put together like a jigsaw puzzle with pieces that don't fit.

In fact, it's not even really a "system".
Whatever it is, it is too expensive for sure.
We have seven (7) different delivery/payment systems in this country, none of which communicates directly with the others:
  1. Individual/ACA
  2. Group
  3. Medicare
  4. Medicaid
  5. VA
  6. Workers Comp
  7. Indigent
Somehow, the adjective "absurd" doesn't seem strong enough.
It's nice how even a year after having something done you can still receive more bills.

Republicans like to pretend our healthcare system is the best in the world, but obviously it isn’t if the poor can’t afford it.

Here’s a video of Brits reacting to our healthcare costs.

American healthcare went off the rails when the federal government stepped in to "fix it"...all they did was make it completely and totally unaffordable...

Republicans like to pretend our healthcare system is the best in the world, but obviously it isn’t if the poor can’t afford it.

American healthcare went off the rails when the federal government stepped in to "fix it"...all they did was make it completely and totally unaffordable...

Sure been off the rails for a long time....

Yet another thread has been diverted into an abortion thread

American healthcare went off the rails when the federal government stepped in to "fix it".

True, and your "conservative" hero W socialized senior drugs, and billed the taxpayer FULL RETAIL PRICE for each pill, sending drugs stocks through the roof...

But W was really an "honest" "conservative" too, right..... who cared about America and America's solvency....

Inquiry Confirms Top Medicare Official Threatened Actuary Over Cost of Drug Benefits

An internal investigation by the Department of Health and Human Services confirms that the top Medicare official threatened to fire the program's chief actuary if he told Congress that drug benefits would probably cost much more than the White House acknowledged.

A report on the investigation, issued Tuesday, says the administrator of Medicare, Thomas A. Scully, issued the threat to Richard S. Foster while lawmakers were considering huge changes in the program last year. As a result, Mr. Foster's cost estimate did not become known until after the legislation was enacted.

That's the "conservatism" and "compassion" and "patriotism" and "honesty" of W, all rolled into one gigantic rip off of the taxpayer that ended up

FLOODING OUR HIGH SCHOOLS WITH CHEAP TAXPAYER FUNDED ADDICTIVE PILLS

Sure been off the rails for a long time....

Yeah. If you have a real problem you;ll be repaired.Best of the best. Then they take everything you have. Cut off a finger ? $50 grand, or more. Still $1

American health care system went off the rails with private for-profit insurance. Purpose of for profit companies is to retain as much of your premiums as possible. The assessment of claims, pre-approvals, and multiple billing systems have added layers of costs and administration to the process which is money and time not spent on providing life saving treatments.

That’s because women can’t afford to raise children. I’m told by my daughter that child for one baby is $275 per week. There are no discounts for multiple children.
I can’t read any more past this..

IF YOUR COUNTRY PEOPLE ARE NOT REPRODUCING BECAUSE OF COSTS.. HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO MCFLLYYYY

YOU SHOULD HAVE INCENTIVES TO HELP PEOPLE RAISE FAMILIES LOL

YOUR SO FUCKING STUPID LOL

I’m sorry I keep providing you with facts that upset you so much. If your labour laws and practices are so anti-family and anti-woman, that women stop having children, your country is fucked!

It’s not the women lack incentives you stupid tool, it’s because labour law makes it impossible to work and have a baby. And if you don’t work, you don’t have health insurance and you can’t afford the medical costs.
It is the responsibility of our government to make sure we reproduce

That’s because women can’t afford to raise children. I’m told by my daughter that child for one baby is $275 per week. There are no discounts for multiple children.

IF YOUR COUNTRY PEOPLE ARE NOT REPRODUCING BECAUSE OF COSTS.. HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO MCFLLYYYY

I’m sorry I keep providing you with facts that upset you so much. If your labour laws and practices are so anti-family and anti-woman, that women stop having children, your country is fucked!

It’s not the women lack incentives you stupid tool, it’s because labour law makes it impossible to work and have a baby. And if you don’t work, you don’t have health insurance and you can’t afford the medical costs.
As long as it is not you

If you don’t, you won’t have a country for long.

American health care system went off the rails with private for-profit insurance. Purpose of for profit companies is to retain as much of your premiums as possible. The assessment of claims, pre-approvals, and multiple billing systems have added layers of costs and administration to the process which is money and time not spent on providing life saving treatments.

Not very many people placed healthcare in the top ten things that needed addressing when Obama fucked healthcare up and we can say that going back all the way to Nixon...the feds have been licking their chops to take over healthcare for decades....its a power issue for them...

both parties have no clue how to fix health care and other of our problems.

both parties have run out of ideas, or even the desire to think of new ones.

its time for a new party, my friends. THE BULL MOOSE PARTY!

BULL MOOSE! BULL MOOSE! BULL MOOSE!

And yet their poverty rate is much lower than ours.

They have a different type of poverty... poverty of morals and poverty of sovereignty; both of which I find far more important than financial poverty.

I do not trust ANY Government to have my best interests at heart.

The government is like any of your other employees or contractors. If they don’t work in your interests, you get rid of them.

The difference between American and Canadians is that we don’t vote for people who screw us over. We destroy their party. We’ve done it twice in the last 30 years. Fear of the voters kept Stephen Harper in line for 8 years.

You elected a Homosexual Muslim who detests free speech.

It is a great system if you take away the government.

Pretty affordable too. I only pay 75 a week through my employer.

$322.00 per month? $3,864.00 per year? You're getting screwed.

Tell us about your co-pays and deductibles.

"because i'm a billionaire, I have easy access to better health care so I'm going to be like 160 and I'm going to be part of this class of immortal overlords" - Sean Parker, ex-facebook president

the US health care system is not shitty if you're rich, my friends!

You shouldn't lose your health insurance if you lose your job. You shouldn't lose your health insurance if you get divorced. You shouldn't lose your health insurance if you turn 26. You should never lose your health insurance.

Medicare for All now.

"We are the only campaign that has proposed eliminating all outstanding medical debt. It is unconscionable that in America we punish people for the "crime" of getting sick with outrageous debt or bankruptcy." - bernie

You shouldn't lose your health insurance if you lose your job. You shouldn't lose your health insurance if you get divorced. You shouldn't lose your health insurance if you turn 26. You should never lose your health insurance.

Medicare for All now.

Nope. Government is there to protect our rights, not provide for our needs.

I'll never understand why people people make the Gov the defacto mommy and daddy

Forum List

Back