Just your average day of "peaceful Islam"...

Interesting that all the main faiths have prohibitions against drinking - I guess drunks don't make good disciples....:dunno:

Or they interpret the water into wine bit too liberaly ;)

Or are you losing your mind.

:cuckoo:

ntoxicants were forbidden in the Qur'an through several separate verses revealed at different times over a period of years. At first, it was forbidden for Muslims to attend to prayers while intoxicated (4:43). Then a later verse was revealed which said that alcohol contains some good and some evil, but the evil is greater than the good (2:219). This was the next step in turning people away from consumption of it. Finally, "intoxicants and games of chance" were called "abominations of Satan's handiwork," intended to turn people away from God and forget about prayer, and Muslims were ordered to abstain (5:90-91). (Note - the Qur'an is not arranged chronologically, so later verses of the book were not necessarily revealed after earlier verses.)

Alcohol in Islam

No. I'm just pointing out that none of them like drunks. :dunno:

No, you are trying to turn the page.

From the Quiran's forbidding of drinking which Nox said was not so...

...into other things.

Alcohol is forbidden in the Quran, you are the worst Muslim I have ever seen. Even the Muslims that drink know their not supposed to be doing it.

Nope , just Allah knows , but I'm a muslim as it should be , I'm trying to do the best I can do : )

No. I'm just pointing out that none of them like drunks. :dunno:

...into other things.

Or maybe I like listening to how an actual Muslim experiences her religion. A refreshing change, no?

Or maybe you didn't want nox to have to show where drinking is simply a prohibition and not forbidden.

I'm still waiting to see that proof of her words.

From her book.

Alcohol is forbidden in the Quran, you are the worst Muslim I have ever seen. Even the Muslims that drink know their not supposed to be doing it.

Nope , just Allah knows , but I'm a muslim as it should be , I'm trying to do the best I can do : )

1960s-hippies-fashion.jpg

This whole "I'll do what I want I'll try my best" thing your trying to pass off is not the real Islam Nox, I know and you know it. If this was the case, the whole situation in the Muslim world would be COMPLETELY different.

Punishment for Smoking and Drinking Alcohol

`Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "I think that drinking will make a person lose his mind and consequently start abusing others, uttering false accusations against them. So I think he deserves the same punishment for a person who falsely accuses other persons (Qadhif) that is 80 lashes." Henceforth, that became the standard of punishment for drinkers to stop them from falling into that."

I found it.

Damn smoking too? smh

This is just about nox saying it's a simple choice.

Yeah, maybe here.

Maybe. If one is lucky and no one who is more 'virtuous' in Islam is watching.

These are the verses about being drunk .

16:67 And from the fruit of the date-palm and the vine, ye get out strong drink and wholesome food: behold, in this also is a sign for those who are wise.

2:219 They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider.

4:43 O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say,- nor in a state of ceremonial impurity except when you are passing by (through the mosque), until after washing your whole body. If ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand (or earth), and rub therewith your faces and hands. For Allah doth blot out sins and forgive again and again.

5:90 O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: Eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.

5:91 Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

These are the verses about being drunk .

16:67 And from the fruit of the date-palm and the vine, ye get out strong drink and wholesome food: behold, in this also is a sign for those who are wise.

2:219 They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider.

4:43 O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say,- nor in a state of ceremonial impurity except when you are passing by (through the mosque), until after washing your whole body. If ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand (or earth), and rub therewith your faces and hands. For Allah doth blot out sins and forgive again and again.

5:90 O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: Eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.

5:91 Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

tumblr_lrvrz5QoNu1qizhaoo1_500.gif

Nox and I are both Sunni muslims.

We get the name from following the 'sunnah' of the Prophet Muhammad.

Sunnah meaning to follow his example and teachings in both thought and deeds. .. :cool:

...into other things.

Or maybe I like listening to how an actual Muslim experiences her religion. A refreshing change, no?

Or maybe you didn't want nox to have to show where drinking is simply a prohibition and not forbidden.

From her book.

What makes you an expert in Islam? I'm not. But I know enough that religions change over time and across cultures. In fact, they have to to survive. Many things were forbidden in the OT. It's seldom narrowly followed anymore. I don't see what makes Islam different.

From her book.

What makes you an expert in Islam? I'm not. But I know enough that religions change over time and across cultures. In fact, they have to to survive. Many things were forbidden in the OT. It's seldom narrowly followed anymore. I don't see what makes Islam different.

You don't have to be an expert on Islam to read the black and white, its pretty obvious that alcohol is forbidden in the Islamic faith, do some Muslims drink? sure, but even they know they are not supposed to be doing it.

Nox and I are both Sunni muslims.

We get the name from following the 'sunnah' of the Prophet Muhammad.

Sunnah meaning to follow his example and teachings in both thought and deeds. .. :cool:

No no no : ) I'm sunni origin , so my family is sunni people . But I reject all the sects . Sects are fabricated after Muhammad (sav) This is a trap to seperate muslims each other , and they can swallow us more easily . Please dont fall into this trap . Allah want us to believe in just Quran , not hadiths or another things . This is completely fabricated . Allah just wanted muslims to support Muhammad(sav) those who had lived in the time of the prophet . Please research about this issue , you will understand .

Forum List

Back