Justin Amash forms exploratory team for 3rd party run

I am not sure why the OP would think this is good news? Do you think one of the most conservative members of the House is got to pull votes away from the Democrats?
He will get the never trumper republicans from 16 who held their nose and voted for Clinton and would have voted for Biden this time like Jeff Flake, this could cost Biden states like Pa,Michigan,Wisconsin and Minnesota and New Hampshire
I am not sure why the OP would think this is good news? Do you think one of the most conservative members of the House is got to pull votes away from the Democrats?
He's pretending to be happy.
Justin Amash: Pro-gun, against ObamaCare, against single payer, pro-life
Pro open borders as well..BIG no from me also pro free market crap.
He should attract Democrats who live guns, hate abortion, hate Obamacare and hate Medicare for All.
I haven't met such Democrat yet.
Amash will hurt Trump.
Barely if at all. No Republican t hat voted for Trump in 2016 would vote Amish.

He may get more Antitrump Bill Krystolers that would have voted Biden.
Yep.

He should attract Democrats who live guns, hate abortion, hate Obamacare and hate Medicare for All.
Amash will hurt Trump.

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of Democrats have expressed concern about him running because they fear the anti-Trump Republican and independent voters who would have chosen Biden over Trump will now go to Amash.

Amash will hurt Trump.

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of Democrats have expressed concern about him running because they fear the anti-Trump Republican and independent voters who would have chosen Biden over Trump will now go to Amash.
independents are going with MAGA, not Global Joe.
neo-Cons will vote for Global Joe.

Amash will hurt Trump.

1588179788582.png

He's about as significant as a fly on a thoroughbred's ass.
No wonder there isn’t an effective third party. Too many Americans are stuck in the duopoly and can’t get out.
I agree. However, Trump isn't a party guy. He used the Republican party.
Yes we who voted for him hoped he wouldn’t govern as a party guy. Sadly he has.
Can you provide examples as to what Trump ran on and then did different?
- Nonintervention.
- Improving relations with Russia
- Trade deal with China
-Healthcare for all.
- Building the wall
- Eliminating NATO
- Bringing back manufacturing
- 4% GDP growth
- Renegotiate Iran deal
- Repeal Ocare
- Balance the budget
- Release his tax returns
- there’s more if you need it

Gary Johnson got 3.28% of the popular vote in 2016. It will be interesting to see if Amash can top that or get enough support to qualify for the debates. If he could add in a Perot like dynamic and actually America a choice this could be a fun election year.

Two things: The Libertarian Party convention is currently scheduled to be at the end of May, so it's a little late to be announcing now but he's by far the biggest name of the bunch running so that's a decided advantage. That said, delegates may not like that he waited until the last minute to join the party when he could have done the moment he left the Republican Party. Secondly, Amash is from Michigan. It's possible he could cost Trump the state this go around. That's what he might bring to this election.

Exactly. I'm not sure why there are Trump supporters thinking this is no big deal. Amash doesn't affect Biden's votes except for maybe some Independents. But he gives the real conservatives, real moderates, and the balance of independents (that voted for Trump) who have been driven out of the Republican Party by the cult of Trump someone else to vote for. And that may take away enough of Trump's independent vote and a small percentage of his base to be fatal. Trump and his campaign team are probably doing a collective "Oh shit!" right now.

No wonder there isn’t an effective third party. Too many Americans are stuck in the duopoly and can’t get out.
- Nonintervention.
- Trade deal with China
-Healthcare for all.
- Building the wall
- Eliminating NATO
- 4% GDP growth
- Renegotiate Iran deal
- Repeal Ocare
- Balance the budget
- Nonintervention.[Define]
- Improving relations with Russia [We have]
- Trade deal with China {WIP]
-Healthcare for all. [False promise; will never happen]
- Building the wall [Like he's not trying; what planet are you on?]
- Eliminating NATO [Hmmm...I think he's getting them to pull their own weight]
- Bringing back manufacturing {WIP]
- 4% GDP growth [Quality vs Quantity]
- Renegotiate Iran deal {Fuck Iran...In case to missed that...FUCK IRAN!]
- Repeal Ocare [There NOTHING WROING with the ACA]
- Balance the budget [I'm with you there. We tell China and the Fed to Fuck off and die]
- Release his tax returns [Agreed]
- there’s more if you need it [Bullshit?]

Look, I like you and I think you're very intelligent.
Like myself, you have become bitter...for good reasons.
But I take a step back and see a shitload of those promises already in the works.

This would be a dream come true. He would most definitely have my vote.

(CNN)Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.

I won't. The choice is between Trump and Biden. A vote for anyone else is a vote for Trump. Trump must go.

Exactly. I'm not sure why there are Trump supporters thinking this is no big deal. Amash doesn't affect Biden's votes except for maybe some Independents. But he gives the real conservatives, real moderates, and the balance of independents (that voted for Trump) who have been driven out of the Republican Party by the cult of Trump someone else to vote for. And that may take away enough of Trump's independent vote and a small percentage of his base to be fatal. Trump and his campaign team are probably doing a collective "Oh shit!" right now.
Anyone who wants to live in a Libertarian nation can move South of our Border.
Those nations are Libertarian?!
Yeah.
You want social services?
Pay for them!
What do you think everyone South of the Border either owns their own military or has the shit kicked out of them?

(CNN)Justin Amash, a former Republican-turned independent congressman from Michigan, said Wednesday that he stopped actively campaigning for his House seat in mid-February as he has been considering running for president as a libertarian.

"He has been discussing the potential campaign with his family, his friends, his team, and others, and a decision can be expected soon," Amash's campaign said in a statement.

I won't. The choice is between Trump and Biden. A vote for anyone else is a vote for Trump. Trump must go.
Good luck with that. The rest of us can happily laugh at either of those clowns.

Yeah.
Pay for them!
What do you think everyone South of the Border either owns their own military or has the shit kicked out of them?
Maybe statists should move to North Korea instead?

Good luck with that. The rest of us can happily laugh at either of those clowns.
I will presume you're a Cheap Labor Slave Wage Globalist,
If not, please explain why you're different than any other Libertarian.

Yeah.
Pay for them!
Maybe statists should move to North Korea instead?
Maybe they should.
But why should a billionaire with his own military have to move anywhere?

You need to work on your openers.

Every Libertarian I know and see on Fox is a Cheap Labor Slave Wage Globalist.
I asked a simple question and you provided an ad hominem.
Very not Libertarian of you.

Every Libertarian I know and see on Fox is a Cheap Labor Slave Wage Globalist.
I asked a simple question and you provided an ad hominem.
Very not Libertarian of you.
I'm sure what you know of libertarianism could fit into a thimble. Regardless, when you open with a variation of, "Are you a piece of human trash like every other libertarian I've heard of..." you can't really expect anyone to care what you think.

- Nonintervention.
- Trade deal with China
-Healthcare for all.
- Building the wall
- Eliminating NATO
- 4% GDP growth
- Renegotiate Iran deal
- Repeal Ocare
- Balance the budget
- Nonintervention.[Define]
- Improving relations with Russia [We have]
- Trade deal with China {WIP]
-Healthcare for all. [False promise; will never happen]
- Building the wall [Like he's not trying; what planet are you on?]
- Eliminating NATO [Hmmm...I think he's getting them to pull their own weight]
- Bringing back manufacturing {WIP]
- 4% GDP growth [Quality vs Quantity]
- Renegotiate Iran deal {Fuck Iran...In case to missed that...FUCK IRAN!]
- Repeal Ocare [There NOTHING WROING with the ACA]
- Balance the budget [I'm with you there. We tell China and the Fed to Fuck off and die]
- Release his tax returns [Agreed]
- there’s more if you need it [Bullshit?]

Look, I like you and I think you're very intelligent.
Like myself, you have become bitter...for good reasons.
But I take a step back and see a shitload of those promises already in the works.
Sorry, but I’m not interesting in debating self evident facts.

Forum List

Back