Kate Steinle murderer found not guilty of murder.

Same thing with Trayvon Martin. The prosecution went after 2nd degree but the jury was allowed to consider manslaughter. I think prosecution frames their case differently when they are going after a certain charge. Seems to me the prosecution really screwed this case. Should have gone after manslaughter from the start.

actually, they should have treated it as an accident from the start... but they had to appease the nutters.

[Q
Maybe the Prosecutor did this on purpose ? The statement I've seen from them have pretty much boiled down to oh well we tried.

There is probably a lot of truth to your statement given the prosecutors are from Moon Bat San Francisco. .

They also could have assured a not guilty verdict by jury selection. Rumors are there were three illegals on the jury.

If I was Kate's father I would be really, really pissed now.

Hopefully Trump will get the Justice Department to go after this guy on other charges. Maybe some justice will be done..

The jury decision was unanimous.

7 felony convictions
5 deportations
Ice had a hold placed on him and the city let him go anyway. The city is guilty of negligent homicide imo. I hope they pay DEARLY.

He deserves the death penalty.

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt is the standard in every criminal trial in the United States. The trier of facts felt the prosecution's evidence did not meet that standard.

There is a difference between a "hold" and a "warrant"; holds are typically good for 48 judicial hours, no bail warrants will hold someone longer, but no sheriff will do so willingly, and pressure will be put upon the agency/county and ICE/US Marshal's to get the detainee out asap.

ICE and US Marshal's did not obtain a warrant, and the likely reason is the cost. The Feds have budgets and would rather local agencies house, feed and provide medical care to federal inmates.

No, what is Fox News' fault is creating hysteria and fear about Mexican immigrants over a case of manslaughter

Hysteria? Tell that to Kate's family.
You leftist have ZERO compassion for others. Unless it's YOUR loved one, you don't give a flying shit.

Where's the blame for the imbeciles creating the Sanctuary cities?
Not surprising you blame the messenger and not the criminals.

It was a horrible accident

It was not Mexicans streaming across the border to shoot white women

Just like the Trayvon Martin case the prosecution overcharged. In both cases involuntary manslaughter was the most likely outcome. I do understand the jury can consider it even though the prosecution is going after murder. The bullet ricocheted so they were never going to prove murder. Sometimes I wonder if a deal is done ahead of time in these cases and the prosecution overcharges purposely knowing they wouldn't get a guilty verdict. I thought the same thing in the Trayvon Martin case.

Except that the Prosecutors never tried to reach a plea bargain and allowed manslaughter as a lesser but included charge.

Here was the thing, Zarate had a public defender. He didn't even have a good lawyer.

Same thing with Trayvon Martin. The prosecution went after 2nd degree but the jury was allowed to consider manslaughter. I think prosecution frames their case differently when they are going after a certain charge. Seems to me the prosecution really screwed this case. Should have gone after manslaughter from the start.

I agree

Even though manslaughter was technically on the table, the prosecution had to frame their version of what happened to one or the other

I GET it. I am not advocating for illegals being here. I am commenting on the murder charge. That requires intent. He could have been in prison for manslaughter right now.

Sending him to prison doesn't seem to be the problem ... He has been there several times.
The fact they keep letting him out, back into the country, and residing in this country under the benefit of a sanctuary city is where the problem comes from*.

*Edit:
According to rightwinger ... That's Fox News' fault ... :thup:

No, what is Fox News' fault is creating hysteria and fear about Mexican immigrants over a case of manslaughter
An illegal immigrant who shouldn't have been in this country to start with and a young lady paid for it with her life. Fucking own that shit Liberal.

His immigration status had nothing to do with whether it was a murder or not

Fox News stoked the fires of hatred against all immigrants based on an accidental shooting

I GET it. I am not advocating for illegals being here. I am commenting on the murder charge. That requires intent. He could have been in prison for manslaughter right now.

Sending him to prison doesn't seem to be the problem ... He has been there several times.
The fact they keep letting him out, back into the country, and residing in this country under the benefit of a sanctuary city is where the problem comes from*.

*Edit:

An illegal immigrant who shouldn't have been in this country to start with and a young lady paid for it with her life. Fucking own that shit Liberal.

Fox News stoked the fires of hatred against all immigrants based on an accidental shooting
If had not been in the country as the law dictates we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Except that the Prosecutors never tried to reach a plea bargain and allowed manslaughter as a lesser but included charge.
Here was the thing, Zarate had a public defender. He didn't even have a good lawyer.

San Francisco....in this case, he probably didn't need one.

You can bet that had a Conservative shot him in self defense, The conservative, in THAT kangaroo court, would have needed a defense team comparable to OJ's

Admit you have no clue as to the efficacy of the CJS in San Francisco or anywhere else in our nation. Trump's pissed off and still claiming the defandant was guilty of murder.

I expect ignorance from his supporters, sadly we have a POTUS who holds nothing but disdain for the outcome when justice prevailed, and Trump's rant on in this particular issue didn't go as he wanted. Trump convicted the Defendant before knowing anything more than he was undocumented and had a criminal record. None of which was relevant to the crime at hand, as any person familiar with the CJS understands.

*Edit:

If had not been in the country as the law dictates we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So put Congress on trial!

*Edit:

Its the sanctuary cities that attract these scum and their refusal to follow the immigration laws. Regardless the fucking liberals and rino's in congress don't want anything done.

San Fran is totally screwed up...along with all the other uncivilized, '''un''-common decency-sense crap, as recently as 2011 you could go nude in public places--even restaurants!!
Nudity Ban In San Francisco Restaurants Passes Board Of Supervisors (GRAPHIC PHOTOS) | HuffPost

and these people voted for Hillary--are anti-Trump

San Fran is totally screwed up...along with all the other uncivilized, '''un''-common decency-sense crap, as recently as 2011 you could go nude in public places--even restaurants!!
Nudity Ban In San Francisco Restaurants Passes Board Of Supervisors (GRAPHIC PHOTOS) | HuffPost

and these people voted for Hillary--are anti-Trump

I must suppose, since you are too ashamed to post even you the State in which you live, that you live in a Red State in the Deep South. Given recent comments on Judge Moore I've heard from the people of Alabama, I suspect that might be your residence. Such comments are mindful of Leno's bit when "jaywalking".

Just like the Trayvon Martin case the prosecution overcharged. In both cases involuntary manslaughter was the most likely outcome. I do understand the jury can consider it even though the prosecution is going after murder. The bullet ricocheted so they were never going to prove murder. Sometimes I wonder if a deal is done ahead of time in these cases and the prosecution overcharges purposely knowing they wouldn't get a guilty verdict. I thought the same thing in the Trayvon Martin case.

I agree

Even though manslaughter was technically on the table, the prosecution had to frame their version of what happened to one or the other

Exactly. Same thing as Trayvon Martin. They went after 2nd degree and only asked the jury to consider manslaughter much later. But by then it was to late, they had already framed the case as 2nd degree. IMO, in both cases murder was a lofty goal due to a highly charged emotional and political environment, but manslaughter (most likely involuntary) would have been a reasonable argument.

And that is why libtards like WrongWinger cant get it; they are more concerned with WHO is presenting the facts rather than the validity of the facts.

When the government fails in its duty, the innocent suffer.

Liberals have forgotten this and the Steinle family has to relive their suffering now that a racist jury has given the green light to murdering white people living in their cities.

San Francisco....in this case, he probably didn't need one.

You can bet that had a Conservative shot him in self defense, The conservative, in THAT kangaroo court, would have needed a defense team comparable to OJ's

Admit you have no clue as to the efficacy of the CJS in San Francisco or anywhere else in our nation. Trump's pissed off and still claiming the defandant was guilty of murder.

I expect ignorance from his supporters, sadly we have a POTUS who holds nothing but disdain for the outcome when justice prevailed, and Trump's rant on in this particular issue didn't go as he wanted. Trump convicted the Defendant before knowing anything more than he was undocumented and had a criminal record. None of which was relevant to the crime at hand, as any person familiar with the CJS understands.
You've got to be fucking kidding. What about the multitude of comments made on cases by the previous administration ?

Exactly. Same thing as Trayvon Martin. They went after 2nd degree and only asked the jury to consider manslaughter much later. But by then it was to late, they had already framed the case as 2nd degree. IMO, in both cases murder was a lofty goal due to a highly charged emotional and political environment, but manslaughter (most likely involuntary) would have been a reasonable argument.
While I agree with your summation, the jury still failed to deliver an appropriate sentence.

All of which proves Trump right once again, white people cannot get a fair trial with a Mexican judge or jury. They are racist to the core.

JThe bullet ricocheted so they were never going to prove murder.

LOL! Bad marksmen also have the intent of murder.

Possibly. But what motive does he have to shoot her? The prosecution was going to have a hard time proving that which is why involuntary manslaughter was their best bet.
You are trying to get into the mindset of an illegal alien from a totally different culture.

You cannot seriously ask for his motives as you are being presumptive he had one in the first place.

He could have been shooting into the crowd to just show off, and the same goes for killing her.

These people are animals.

Its the sanctuary cities that attract these scum and their refusal to follow the immigration laws. Regardless the fucking liberals and rino's in congress don't want anything done.

Undocumented men and women work in the private sector, they are exploited by their employer who in turn withholds payroll tax in doing so. This occurs in every state in our country.

A comprehensive immigration policy with teeth to make the hiring of an undocumented person, without prior authorization to work in the US, a felony. And one which required upon conviction not only a fine, but restitution for the unpaid payroll taxes and jail or prison for the business/ corporation's hiring authority and the owner or COO and/or CEO.

Forum List

Back