Kavanaugh should not be confirmed because of political bias

Retired Justice John Paul Stevens says Brett Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens is quoted as saying that Brett Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed to the high court because of Kavanaugh's potential political bias.

It's rare for a retired justice to weigh in on a pending nomination.

The Palm Beach Post reports that Stevens, in remarks to a group of retirees in Florida, suggested Kavanaugh lacked the temperament for the lifetime appointment.

Stevens, who's praised Kavanaugh before, says he's changed his mind about Kavanaugh for reasons unrelated to Kavanaugh's "intellectual ability."

More: Kavanaugh and the FBI report: Here's what we know now

More: Kavanaugh protesters put swing vote lawmakers on notice

Stevens is quoted as saying, "I feel his performance in the hearings ultimately changed my mind."

He says commentators have argued that Kavanaugh's Senate testimony last week showed a potential for political bias.

And the newspaper says Stevens says he thinks "there's merit to that criticism and I think the senators should really pay attention that."

The 98-year-old Stevens was nominated to the court by Republican President Gerald Ford and served from 1975 to 2010.

Well we all knew that, but most are not talking about it since it is so blatantly obvious, but maybe we are wrong to do so. Maybe we should talk about it more.

If Kavanaugh wore a 45 ball cap, would you consider that partisan bias.
No. Just poor taste. Or maybe a migreane.

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens is quoted as saying that Brett Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed to the high court because of Kavanaugh's potential political bias.

The Palm Beach Post reports that Stevens, in remarks to a group of retirees in Florida, suggested Kavanaugh lacked the temperament for the lifetime appointment.

Stevens, who's praised Kavanaugh before, says he's changed his mind about Kavanaugh for reasons unrelated to Kavanaugh's "intellectual ability."

Stevens is quoted as saying, "I feel his performance in the hearings ultimately changed my mind."

He says commentators have argued that Kavanaugh's Senate testimony last week showed a potential for political bias.

And the newspaper says Stevens says he thinks "there's merit to that criticism and I think the senators should really pay attention that."

The 98-year-old Stevens was nominated to the court by Republican President Gerald Ford and served from 1975 to 2010.

Well we all knew that, but most are not talking about it since it is so blatantly obvious, but maybe we are wrong to do so. Maybe we should talk about it more.

Well Brett Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed.
And I actually like raisins in cake, but what about the topic?

The topic is that they are saying that Brett Kavanaugh should NOT be confirmed, I correctly responded with that Brett Kavanaugh IS going to be confirmed. The advice then to Bedwetters, the Unhinged Left, RINOs, Beta Cuck Faggots and general Soy Boi's is to start eating MORE Protein.
The topic is WHY he should not be confirmed and that topic - whether you like it or not - will be in your grandchildren's history books.

He has a looooong history on the bench. His judicial temperament is proven, not something to speculate about. His judicial temperament is so good, the opposition had to manufacture something from college to try to bring him down.

LOL, and yet you have no problem with Kagan, Sotomayor or Ginsberg.
You're an idiot.
:offtopic:

It's true, deal with it.
It's off topic - deal with your emotions elsewhere.

Doc1 is not Off Topic, the topic being the USSC and political bias, being a Leftist though you have no issue with the Leftist Judges having political bias or probably don't have an issue in general with Leftist Activist Judges who have demonstrated extreme political bias on a daily basis since The Donald became American President.

Actually I don't think it's EVER happened before.

In the words of Obama: "Elections have consequences."

Or "You lost. Get over it."

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

You're an idiot.

It's true, deal with it.

Doc1 is not Off Topic, the topic being the USSC and political bias, being a Leftist though you have no issue with the Leftist Judges having political bias or probably don't have an issue in general with Leftist Activist Judges who have demonstrated extreme political bias on a daily basis since The Donald became American President.

Like who? In what case?

You might not be in a position to know this Oosie but these judges have to be impartial. And the Senate hearing is in large part to make sure that's true. In this case Kavanaugh voluntarily outed himself as IMpartial. According to what the Senate is supposed to be doing that should disqualify him. In the moment he appeared to be committing what we colloquially call "suicide by cop" --- you don't quit but you give the authority ample reason to end your quest for you.

Yet the Senate seems to be ignoring that glaring fly in the ointment.

Yeah and people like Sotomayor who make decision based on past experiences and not the Constitution, should ?

The topic is that they are saying that Brett Kavanaugh should NOT be confirmed, I correctly responded with that Brett Kavanaugh IS going to be confirmed. The advice then to Bedwetters, the Unhinged Left, RINOs, Beta Cuck Faggots and general Soy Boi's is to start eating MORE Protein.
The topic is WHY he should not be confirmed and that topic - whether you like it or not - will be in your grandchildren's history books.
Shut up

Shut up
You're not gonna leave them enough money for history books are you?

You're an idiot.

It's true, deal with it.

Like who? In what case?

You might not be in a position to know this Oosie but these judges have to be impartial. And the Senate hearing is in large part to make sure that's true. In this case Kavanaugh voluntarily outed himself as IMpartial. According to what the Senate is supposed to be doing that should disqualify him. In the moment he appeared to be committing what we colloquially call "suicide by cop" --- you don't quit but you give the authority ample reason to end your quest for you.

Obviously they don't have to because obviously they aren't.

Stevens is 98 years old. He also doesn’t like the 2nd.

I asked Oddball what the relevance of his age is. So far, he ran away. What you didn't seem to mention was that three decades of that 98 years was spent ON the Supreme Court.

What the "2nd" means I have no idea.

You're an idiot.

It's true, deal with it.

Like who? In what case?

Well they just voted 50-48 so he is confirmed. Not sure if he did illustrate he is impartial, Brett Kavanaugh was defending himself against vicious accusations I think if someone is accused of being a gang rapist then they have a right to be angry.

If Kavanaugh wore a 45 ball cap, would you consider that partisan bias.
No. Just poor taste. Or maybe a migreane.

That's all we need to know about you.

To believe that wearing a hat honoring the President of the United States is in poor taste, just despicable.

Forum List

Back