Kavanaugh should not be confirmed because of political bias

Retired Justice John Paul Stevens says Brett Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens is quoted as saying that Brett Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed to the high court because of Kavanaugh's potential political bias.

It's rare for a retired justice to weigh in on a pending nomination.

The Palm Beach Post reports that Stevens, in remarks to a group of retirees in Florida, suggested Kavanaugh lacked the temperament for the lifetime appointment.

Stevens, who's praised Kavanaugh before, says he's changed his mind about Kavanaugh for reasons unrelated to Kavanaugh's "intellectual ability."

More: Kavanaugh and the FBI report: Here's what we know now

More: Kavanaugh protesters put swing vote lawmakers on notice

Stevens is quoted as saying, "I feel his performance in the hearings ultimately changed my mind."

He says commentators have argued that Kavanaugh's Senate testimony last week showed a potential for political bias.

And the newspaper says Stevens says he thinks "there's merit to that criticism and I think the senators should really pay attention that."

The 98-year-old Stevens was nominated to the court by Republican President Gerald Ford and served from 1975 to 2010.

Well we all knew that, but most are not talking about it since it is so blatantly obvious, but maybe we are wrong to do so. Maybe we should talk about it more.

Phony-E-Baloney, your cooked, forget it, incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial-) Wait till the next release, lol. Your side will be lucky to be elected dog catcher-)
I shall be waiting for a translation for that^

Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens is quoted as saying that Brett Kavanaugh shouldn't be confirmed to the high court because of Kavanaugh's potential political bias.

The Palm Beach Post reports that Stevens, in remarks to a group of retirees in Florida, suggested Kavanaugh lacked the temperament for the lifetime appointment.

Stevens, who's praised Kavanaugh before, says he's changed his mind about Kavanaugh for reasons unrelated to Kavanaugh's "intellectual ability."

Stevens is quoted as saying, "I feel his performance in the hearings ultimately changed my mind."

He says commentators have argued that Kavanaugh's Senate testimony last week showed a potential for political bias.

And the newspaper says Stevens says he thinks "there's merit to that criticism and I think the senators should really pay attention that."

The 98-year-old Stevens was nominated to the court by Republican President Gerald Ford and served from 1975 to 2010.

Well we all knew that, but most are not talking about it since it is so blatantly obvious, but maybe we are wrong to do so. Maybe we should talk about it more.

Total nonsense, a SCOTUS judge has 1st amendment rights just like all Americans. Brett's records of decisions shows no hint of bias. That is the criteria a SCOTUS nominee must pass, not what he says when not on the bench.

It's off topic - deal with your emotions elsewhere.

Doc1 is not Off Topic, the topic being the USSC and political bias, being a Leftist though you have no issue with the Leftist Judges having political bias or probably don't have an issue in general with Leftist Activist Judges who have demonstrated extreme political bias on a daily basis since The Donald became American President.

Like who? In what case?

You might not be in a position to know this Oosie but these judges have to be impartial. And the Senate hearing is in large part to make sure that's true. In this case Kavanaugh voluntarily outed himself as IMpartial. According to what the Senate is supposed to be doing that should disqualify him. In the moment he appeared to be committing what we colloquially call "suicide by cop" --- you don't quit but you give the authority ample reason to end your quest for you.

Yet the Senate seems to be ignoring that glaring fly in the ointment.

Well they just voted 50-48 so he is confirmed. Not sure if he did illustrate he is impartial, Brett Kavanaugh was defending himself against vicious accusations I think if someone is accused of being a gang rapist then they have a right to be angry.
Distorting much?

Total nonsense, a SCOTUS judge has 1st amendment rights just like all Americans. Brett's records of decisions shows no hint of bias. That is the criteria a SCOTUS nominee must pass, not what he says when not on the bench.
Why people keep popping up that he has a bias. But I imagine we should trust you ....

If Kavanaugh wore a 45 ball cap, would you consider that partisan bias.
No. Just poor taste. Or maybe a migreane.

That's all we need to know about you.

To believe that wearing a hat honoring the President of the United States is in poor taste, just despicable.
What is despicable is the fact that someone designs such horrible little things. The second most despicable thing is that others wear them.

Why people keep popping up that he has a bias. But I imagine we should trust you ....

People pop-off all the time, I was talking about bias in his actual decisions of which no one found any.
Yes they did.

No they didn't........ how about you actually back up what you say with a link? You do know that there were no less than 6 investigations of Kavanaugh? NO ONE found any bias in his legal findings.

Ginsburg showed political bias against Trump, didn’t she?

The political bias was by the Democrats, and Kavanaugh pointed it out.

You lose.

Suck it.

Forum List

Back