Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Exactly, what they didn't do is come up with some ideas to make their products safer.
Not that you are capable of a meaningful response, but....
How do you make a gun safe from misuse, but still effective for its purpose?
Put some of the safety burden on gun manufacturers, if their profits dipped, I'll bet they could come up with something concrete besides simple platitudes, and reasoning so simple they are insulting, but hey it works. People kill people, not guns.
Guns are SUPPOSED to be capeable of killing people. Making "safe" guns is like making lawn mowers that won't cut grass.

Better yet, strap on your six shooter and go into a "crime ridden neighborhood with a T shirt which is inscribed, "When Guns are Outlawed, Only Criminals Will Have Guns", on the back, and on the front, "Have Gun, Will Travel".

Oh, and mean mug everyone you pass by.

What does that even mean? I might as well save myself the trouble and get me an NRA t-shirt for the sole purpose of pissing you off.

Barely had a mark on him? Would you like to see the pictures? I have them. I even have the paramedics report who cleaned him up. Plus I have the report from his family doctor as well.

Gee, only a real (something) would dig so deep to justify a killing.

Self defense is justified in most states in this country. Our laws here in Ohio are not much different than other states, and our law reads "A licensed carrier may use a firearm for self-defense if they believe they (or others) are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death."

Zimmerman had every reason to believe he was in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. He used his firearm in accordance with the law. It doesn't matter whether you or I justify it, it matters if the law justifies it. That's why he's a free man today. You just don't like our laws.
THAT'S A BRAND NEW LAW. STUPID new bs GOP law.

No, it's not brand new. It's been around for a couple of years. In our state, the measure was signed into law by then Governor Ted Strickland who is a Democrat. In Florida where the Zimmerman incident took place, that law has been in place for many years.
It's crap. A great way for gun nuts to kill minorities.

Well that's too bad you don't like our laws, but this is the wave of the future. We've been waiting a long time for this day when government gives us the right to use deadly force for protection. If you or any minorities want to stay alive, then the best thing you can do is learn the law and not attack people. If you attack people, you can die because of it. It's our turn now.

The
How American of you. You want to hold a company liable for something they didn't do.
Exactly, what they didn't do is come up with some ideas to make their products safer.
The auto industry, for example, because of public pressure have created safer cars, who ever heard of some of the auto safety features fifty years ago? Gun manufacturers seem to have no responsibility as they continue pumping out weapons for profit, and the public pays with dead children and adults. They use the NRA as their lobby, the Second Amendment as their legal guardian. and some Americans love for guns as their base to avoid any meaningful legislation. Put some of the burden on the gun makers and they might suddenly find some methods to make guns safer?
Gun makers make weapons capable of killing, not Nerf guns. They are not toys, they are tools.
Cars can be made safer because their purpose is to move people.
Guns cannot be made "safe" because that defeats the purpose.
The Car analogy is bullshit. What you want to do is more akin to making a lawn mower with no blade so it can't harm grass.

And you claim to have some gun expertise and are honest. Evidence that you are not:

"A personalized gun, or smart gun, is a concept firearm that is designed to reduce the misuse of firearms through the use of RFID chips or other proximity devices, fingerprint recognition, magnetic rings, or a microchip implant."

Google
Proximity devices, fingerprint recognition, magnetic rings, or microchip implants are all complicated electronic devices that can fail rendering the gun useless. Suppose my wife needs my gun. Will she have time to take it to a dealer to have it reprogrammed? Suppose I an wearing gloves? The microchip fails? I suppose my estate can sue......
A gun is no more dangerous than a hammer. They are not dangerous at all They can make a dangerous person more able to harm me, but really guy! If you are in fact, a former LEO, you should know that when you unholster a weapon, you are betting your life that it will go BANG.
My pistol has a safety. I do use it, but it is mechanical. I can take it apart and clean and lubricate it. I KNOW that it works perfectly. I have no such ability or knowledge with an electronic device.

Do some guns jam and misfire? How many times have you tested a smart gun? Do you also fear green and renewable energy, electric cars and your shadow?

Better yet, strap on your six shooter and go into a "crime ridden neighborhood with a T shirt which is inscribed, "When Guns are Outlawed, Only Criminals Will Have Guns", on the back, and on the front, "Have Gun, Will Travel".

Oh, and mean mug everyone you pass by.

What does that even mean? I might as well save myself the trouble and get me an NRA t-shirt for the sole purpose of pissing you off.

I'm not pissed off at gun lovers, I sorta pity anyone so paranoid and constantly afraid, so much so that need to have a gun with them at all times.

Not that you are capable of a meaningful response, but....
How do you make a gun safe from misuse, but still effective for its purpose?
Put some of the safety burden on gun manufacturers, if their profits dipped, I'll bet they could come up with something concrete besides simple platitudes, and reasoning so simple they are insulting, but hey it works. People kill people, not guns.
Guns are SUPPOSED to be capeable of killing people. Making "safe" guns is like making lawn mowers that won't cut grass.

How's Burt doing these days Ernie? Oh, do you recall if typewriters could float?

Trayvon was a minor, Zimmerman had a gun and believed that made him a man. IT didn't! He got his ass kicked by a kid, in a fight he started which happens to most bullie; rather than take his lumps like a man, he took a child's life.
He was a hero to most racists and members of the crazy right wing,
Why do you hate the fact that Zimmerman did not murder a black guy?
Why are you so stupid; or maybe English isn't your native language. Hmm, do you and Sarah Palin both speak American? Syntax isn't your forte.
You didn't answer my question.
You clearly hate the fact that Zimmerman did not murder a black guy,
Why?

He would have spiked the ball for sure, celebrating the dead black kid he could exploit. We hear zero from the clowns every time a black kid is killed by another black

Another stupid remark.

Listen asshole, next time some gun owner murders his wife and kids and then sticks the gun does his throat make sure you bring that up for discussion.

Another stupid remark.

Listen asshole, next time some criminal wack job murders a bunch of kids in an elementary school then sticks the gun down his throat, make sure you bring that up for discussion

Why do you hate the fact that Zimmerman did not murder a black guy?
Why are you so stupid; or maybe English isn't your native language. Hmm, do you and Sarah Palin both speak American? Syntax isn't your forte.
You didn't answer my question.
You clearly hate the fact that Zimmerman did not murder a black guy,
Why?

He would have spiked the ball for sure, celebrating the dead black kid he could exploit. We hear zero from the clowns every time a black kid is killed by another black

Another stupid remark.

Listen asshole, next time some gun owner murders his wife and kids and then sticks the gun does his throat make sure you bring that up for discussion.

Oh, I know what you could do, Wry Coward. Have yourself a custom made T-Shirt which says "no guns allowed" and go see how well that does you in a crime ridden neighborhood.

Yes, well stated, Templar. Wry leaves neighborhoods defenseless against inner city violence, the areas where most murders happen. They are ... wait for it ... gun free zones. And the only ones with guns are the criminals. Which ... is the point of my op ...

None of this bs changes the fact that a good background check system with no Pub loopholes would cut nutjobs ability to buy guns and over time would be helpful against gangbangers.

Posse comitatus under the common law includes a Posse Committee.

Posse comitatus is the common-law or statute law authority of a county sheriff, or other law officer, to conscript any able-bodied man to assist him in keeping the peace or to pursue and arrest a felon, similar to the concept of the "hue and cry." Originally found in English common law, it is generally obsolete; however, it survives in the United States, where it is the law enforcement equivalent of summoning the militia for military purposes.[2]--Source: Posse comitatus (common law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A power to destroy the freedom of the press, the trial by jury, or even to regulate the course of descents, or the forms of conveyances, must be very singularly expressed by the terms "to raise money for the general welfare."--The Federalist Number Forty-One

Under our common law.

Last edited:
The
The auto industry, for example, because of public pressure have created safer cars, who ever heard of some of the auto safety features fifty years ago? Gun manufacturers seem to have no responsibility as they continue pumping out weapons for profit, and the public pays with dead children and adults. They use the NRA as their lobby, the Second Amendment as their legal guardian. and some Americans love for guns as their base to avoid any meaningful legislation. Put some of the burden on the gun makers and they might suddenly find some methods to make guns safer?
Gun makers make weapons capable of killing, not Nerf guns. They are not toys, they are tools.
Cars can be made safer because their purpose is to move people.
Guns cannot be made "safe" because that defeats the purpose.
The Car analogy is bullshit. What you want to do is more akin to making a lawn mower with no blade so it can't harm grass.

And you claim to have some gun expertise and are honest. Evidence that you are not:

"A personalized gun, or smart gun, is a concept firearm that is designed to reduce the misuse of firearms through the use of RFID chips or other proximity devices, fingerprint recognition, magnetic rings, or a microchip implant."

Google
Proximity devices, fingerprint recognition, magnetic rings, or microchip implants are all complicated electronic devices that can fail rendering the gun useless. Suppose my wife needs my gun. Will she have time to take it to a dealer to have it reprogrammed? Suppose I an wearing gloves? The microchip fails? I suppose my estate can sue......
A gun is no more dangerous than a hammer. They are not dangerous at all They can make a dangerous person more able to harm me, but really guy! If you are in fact, a former LEO, you should know that when you unholster a weapon, you are betting your life that it will go BANG.
My pistol has a safety. I do use it, but it is mechanical. I can take it apart and clean and lubricate it. I KNOW that it works perfectly. I have no such ability or knowledge with an electronic device.

Do some guns jam and misfire? How many times have you tested a smart gun? Do you also fear green and renewable energy, electric cars and your shadow?
1. Some do. Mine never have because I can maintain them.
2. I have never tested a smart gun. I have no need to. I am smart enough to use a dumb gun responsibly.
3. No I don't fear green and renewable energy. I fear a government that would force it on me. I think electric cars will eventually be mature technology. I hope someone solves all the problems and makes boatloads of money.
No sir, I don't fear my shadow. Actually, I fear nothing.

None of this bs changes the fact that a good background check system with no Pub loopholes would cut nutjobs ability to buy guns and over time would be helpful against gangbangers.
You said that before.
You refused to address the post that negates what you said.
Twice.

It will? Then why are some of the most gun violent places in lib cities and states where they have the most stringent gun laws in the country?

You libs are always thinking up solutions to problems that can't be solved. A few weeks ago our police had their annual gun buy-back program. The collected a ton of guns; many of them stolen I'm sure since the program comes with a don't question policy.

A week later a five year old was gunned down in the street by a drive-by shooter.

That's liberal thinking for ya.

It will? Then why are some of the most gun violent places in lib cities and states where they have the most stringent gun laws in the country?

You libs are always thinking up solutions to problems that can't be solved. A few weeks ago our police had their annual gun buy-back program. The collected a ton of guns; many of them stolen I'm sure since the program comes with a don't question policy.

A week later a five year old was gunned down in the street by a drive-by shooter.

Because most of those guns were originally bought in silly red states, of course. duh

Those are poor black inner cities duh. Discriminated against by racist GOPers and their racist policies.

You said that before.
You refused to address the post that negates what you said.
Twice.
I didn't see that. Oh, you mean the usual bs about something that hasn't been tried yet and everyone BUT bought off Pubs and their hater dupes wants to try.

Because most of those guns were originally bought in silly red states, of course. duh

Evidence of that?

I didn't think so.

Forum List

Back