Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Nothing I've written contradicts the right to keep and bear arms. Why do you keep lying that licensing and registration will infringe those rights?
licensing implies you can't have a gun without a license that is infringement. Registration creates documentary evidence that can be used to confiscate all the arms when the government decides to do so. That also is infringement.

Licensing does mean you can't buy or sell a gun without one. I thought that was clear. If you own a gun it does prevent you from selling it or buying one without a license.

If you own a gun now, it would be unconstitutional to charge you with having a gun and no license. Isn't that obvious?
It would also be unconstitutional to prevent them from buying a gun.

So you believe. Have you tried to buy a fully automatic weapon.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-82/pdf/STATUTE-82-Pg1213-2.pdf

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, but I could have...if I had started the process today, I could have had it by-at the latest-Thursday.
Same here. I can make my purchase about 1 mile from my house, but would have to drive about 30 miles north to get the signature of the County Sheriff for the transfer stamp. Ma Deuce with 1,000 rounds belted) is a bit dear.... $12 K.

There is no sense to my detailing how any idea to limit the proliferation of guns into the hands of criminals which you would ever consider.
None of the things you want to do will prevent criminals from getting guns.
The things you want to do only infringe upon the rights of the law abiding.
That being the case, there's no reason any thinking person would consider them.

How would you know what a thinking person might consider?

Have I ever posted anything to suggest the ideas I offered would prevent criminals from getting guns? Never. Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "panacea" or understand the meaning of mitigate
And if you do know the meaning of both words, than you are a liar (I don't discount what I consider true, that you are ignorant and idiotic).
"Have I ever posted anything to suggest the ideas I offered would prevent criminals from getting guns?"

No. You haven't actually made that claim, but the title of the thread is "keeping guns from criminals Liberals, what is your plan?
You have proposed a "plan". A logical person would assume you have responded to the question posed in the OP.

A logical person would wonder why such a stupid question was posed.

How you keep guns out of the hands of criminals is a "stupid question?"

To punish people who do thing that society has deemed out bounds.
Now tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns.
Only to punish people? Is that your final answer?
Ultimately, yes - criminal law gives the state the legal means to arrest, try, convict and punish people for actions that society has deemed out of bounds.

Now tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns.

Nothing I've written contradicts the right to keep and bear arms. Why do you keep lying that licensing and registration will infringe those rights?
licensing implies you can't have a gun without a license that is infringement. Registration creates documentary evidence that can be used to confiscate all the arms when the government decides to do so. That also is infringement.

Really, the government is going to confiscate how many hundreds of millions of arms? That's funny. I suggest you get the CD by Ken Burns, Prohibition. It might open your mind to the enormity of the task which concerns you and the futality of it.

If you are concerned that such a task would be limited, and a house might be searched by an arbritary order of the executive, that is protected by the due process clause and the Fourth Amendment.

I've suggested that each state decide on whether it would choose to require a license or not, a law which might be put to the people in the form of a referandum.

What's wrong with having to have a license to own, possess or have in one's custody and control a gun?

What's wrong with letting States decide if they want to license free speech?

And government knowing who's armed is itself a threat

There is no need to license anyone.

Yes, the people we want to know who is armed and the rest achieve nothing.

This is just about government control, that's why the leftists like wry love it. They don't need to map registration to any positive outcome, they just want government to know just cause, that is an end to them. none of them have actually mapped registration to a reduction in gun crimes, there is a reason for that...

No law you can enact and actually enforce would keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Look at our accomplishments of keeping drugs out of the hands of users. They always find a way.
No speed limit will keep criminals from speeding; no license will keep people from driving, and no law will keep people for committing robberies, burglaries, rapes, larceny or spitting on the sidewalk.
So why have laws?
Ultimately, yes - criminal law gives the state the legal means to arrest, try, convict and punish people for actions that society has deemed out of bounds.

Why won't you answer the question I ask you repeatedly, you know, since you have intellectual integrity and all (lol).

Can we license and register and charge a fee for other Constitutional rights? or just that one? I anticipate you ignoring the question ... again ... it blows a big gaping hole in your argument ...

Obviously Apples & Oranges. My advice would be to avoid selling guns to neighbors and acquaintances. Unless you do the proper due diligence.

Much easier to make sure any gun I sell is sold to someone who does not KNOW who I am. First names only, meet at a neutral location, contact only through a throwaway cell phone bought with cash. Maybe rent a car or van so the guy doesn't know what state I live in.

Selling guns is about to become an even riskier business. The loopholes are being closed.

Assumes facts not in evidence. (In other words: you are pulling the "facts" out of your sphincter.)

Be very careful who you sell firearms to. You will be held accountable.

Did you not read the post you quoted, then?

Loopholes are currently being closed. You sell a firearm to a Felon, you will be held accountable. Just telling you where things are headed. Be careful.

Really, the government is going to confiscate how many hundreds of millions of arms? That's funny. I suggest you get the CD by Ken Burns, Prohibition. It might open your mind to the enormity of the task which concerns you and the futality of it.

If you are concerned that such a task would be limited, and a house might be searched by an arbritary order of the executive, that is protected by the due process clause and the Fourth Amendment.

I've suggested that each state decide on whether it would choose to require a license or not, a law which might be put to the people in the form of a referandum.

What's wrong with having to have a license to own, possess or have in one's custody and control a gun?
It's wrong because it violates the second amendment restricting gun possession if you are going to require only people with licenses to own them.

Huh, why would I or anyone require someone who has no interest in owning or possessing a gun a license?
Why would you violate the second amendment and refuse to allow someone to own/buy a gun who doesn't have a license?

Would you have sold a gun to Dylann Roof, James Holmes or Adam Lanza? If a license were required would any of them passed the background check?

All of them would have passed a background check including Adam Lanza

Correction….Roof could not have passed a background check because of his recent drug conviction

But Roof actually passed a background check because of a two level screw up by people doing the background checks…

…..none of them had even a mental health background that would have kept them from getting your gun license or passing a background check.

All of the mass shooters either passed, and complied with all of the current gun laws, including magazine limits….or they simply bypassed them. Though nothing would have kept lanza from getting through a background check he murdered his mother to get his guns. The Columbine shooters bought their guns illegally from someone they knew…

And before you say…see….a loophole……they were under age and unable to buy those guns legally under then and current gun laws with or without a background check.

So again…..licensing gun owners is useless, registering guns is useless and both are unnecessary to deal with gun crime and mass shooters.

And of course…gun safety education, one way to decrease gun accidents, is fought by you guys.

It's wrong because it violates the second amendment restricting gun possession if you are going to require only people with licenses to own them.

Huh, why would I or anyone require someone who has no interest in owning or possessing a gun a license?
Why would you violate the second amendment and refuse to allow someone to own/buy a gun who doesn't have a license?

Would you have sold a gun to Dylann Roof, James Holmes or Adam Lanza? If a license were required would any of them passed the background check?

Roof could not pass a background check because of his recent arrest on a drug charge…..and he passed the background check because there was a two level screw up in the Federal background check process…….and of course he could have bought a gun illegally…...

Nothing I've written contradicts the right to keep and bear arms.
"Limits"
I used the word "limits".
Everything you have proposed further limits on the rights of the law abiding.

Now tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns
Why do you keep lying that licensing and registration will infringe those rights?
Both are unnecessary preconditions to the exercise of the right not inherent to same; they infringe upon the right to arms exactly as much as they infringe upon the right to free speech, the right to free exercise of religion, and the right to an abortion.

Never mind that you know you have no capacity to soundly show that either are necessary.
Gun license / registration -- a sound argument? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Well, I suppose I'm willing to agree we disagree. Too bad you're not.
Translation:
You fully understand that you do not have the capacity to soundly address the challenge put to you.

Neither constitutes an infringement on legal gun ownership. Only on those who should not own guns
All Americans are covered under the second amendment not just those with licenses or passes some test you make up.
If they're in a militia, you're right.
He's also right if they aren't in a militia.

One thing is certain, M14, Kaz, 2aguy and the Cleveland guy are obsessive and compulsive, probably not sufficiently neurotic to be denied a license to own, possess or have in their custody or control a gun, though the probability is just that, not a surety.

One thing is certain, M14, Kaz, 2aguy and the Cleveland guy are obsessive and compulsive, probably not sufficiently neurotic to be denied a license to own, possess or have in their custody or control a gun, though the probability is just that, not a surety.
Still waiting for your response:

Tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns.

Gun license / registration -- a sound argument? | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Tell us why we should enact your mindless proposals that will unconstitutionally and unnecessarily limit the rights of the law abiding but do nothing to prevent criminals from getting guns.

Because I say so, now eat your toast and get ready for school.

Because I say so...
Good to see you fully understand your lack of capacity to soundly address these issues.

Hey look, Gun Nuts creep people out. They're like loony drug addicts. The more loony they get about guns, the more people wanna ban them. They see them as sick individuals. Many Gun Owners are their own worst enemies. Their behavior does them in.

Hey look, Gun Nuts creep people out. They're like loony drug addicts. The more loony they get about guns, the more people wanna ban them. They see them as sick individuals. Many Gun Owners are their own worst enemies. Their behavior does them in.

Dipstick….it isn't about guns. It is about the right to defend yourself from violent attack. Guns are the most effective tool for that job. Find another one….I dare you, that is as effective and easy to use for the average, and below average person. Find that tool and I will support it.

Because I say so...
Good to see you fully understand your lack of capacity to soundly address these issues.

My capacitors have been badly singed by your dishonesty and obsessive need to echo yourself. I was being kind when I characterized you as a simple neurotic, you can't be as stupid as you appear and you remind me of an experience I had when interviewing a patient at one of the locked psych wards at Napa St. Hospital.

He was a crime victim and when medicated became quite lucid; when off his meds he was bonkers. But the point is not him or the three interviews I had with him, it was about the young man I saw each time I visited the ward.

After my ID was checked by the psych tech and upon entering the Freedom Door a young man who appeared in his early 20's was standing a few feet from the door, rocking and nodding his head repetitively. He was there doing the same thing each time I visited and each time I left.

Every time I read one of your posts, I think of him.

Because I say so...

My capacitors have been badly singed by your dishonesty and obsessive need to echo yourself. I was being kind when I characterized you as a simple neurotic, you can't be as stupid as you appear and you remind me of an experience I had when interviewing a patient at one of the locked psych wards at Napa St. Hospital.

He was a crime victim and when medicated became quite lucid; when off his meds he was bonkers. But the point is not him or the three interviews I had with him, it was about the young man I saw each time I visited the ward.

After my ID was checked by the psych tech and upon entering the Freedom Door a young man who appeared in his early 20's was standing a few feet from the door, rocking and nodding his head repetitively. He was there doing the same thing each time I visited and each time I left.

Every time I read one of your posts, I think of him.

Wry….it wasn't an interview….you are the patient. The Doctor meets with you to see how you are coping with reality. If you found a staff I.D. somewhere, you need to turn it in to the Dr. you won't be in trouble, but you can't go around impersonating staff. It isn't good for your chances of a full recovery.

Forum List

Back