Kennedy said:

Have you ever read Kennedy's 'New Frontier' program?
Ever heard Kennedy's taxes speech.
It's priceless.
That was when the top rate was 90%. Duh. He got it down to 77%. Sounds good.
That's 'not" what he said in his speech.

Since Kennedy is so "conservative" on taxes

Are you willing to accept his 77% tax rate on the wealthy?

I would gladly accept JFKs proposed tax of 77%

Wouldn't you?

It's priceless.

I agree with this part:

"If the economy today were operating close to capacity levels with little unemployment, or if a sudden change in our military requirements should cause a scramble for men and resources, then I would oppose tax reductions as irresponsible and inflationary -- and I would not hesitate to recommend a tax increase, if that were necessary."

Let me help you with what the above means:

Using JFK's principles above...

1. JFK would have agreed with raising taxes to pay for the Vietnam War
2. JFK would have opposed Ronald Reagan's tax cuts while he called for increased spending on the Cold War.
3. JFK would have opposed G. Bush Sr. for not having raised taxes to pay for the 1st Gulf War.
4. JFK would have opposed both of GW Bush's tax cuts in the face of TWO wars to pay for.

Have you ever read Kennedy's 'New Frontier' program?
It's priceless.

In no way does that mean he would be for today's ridiculously low effective rates on the rich and giant corps.

It's priceless.

I agree with this part:

"If the economy today were operating close to capacity levels with little unemployment, or if a sudden change in our military requirements should cause a scramble for men and resources, then I would oppose tax reductions as irresponsible and inflationary -- and I would not hesitate to recommend a tax increase, if that were necessary."

He use the phrase,"if that were ne
It's priceless.

In no way does that mean he would be for today's ridiculously low effective rates on the rich and giant corps.

US corporations pay the high end of taxes compared to the rest of the World.
No one knows how kennedy would respond today.

I agree with this part:

Given that we have massive debt from 4 wars we didn't pay for since 1980, I'd say he'd consider that necessary.

The idea that Kennedy's tax cuts justify further tax cuts is nonsense. We are now at levels 30 or 40% lower than where Kennedy took taxes;

you cannot rationally compare 2016 to 1962.

Let's say you have a guy who weighs 300 lbs and wants to lose 150 lbs. So he goes on a diet and miraculously reaches his goal. 150. And then he says gee, I'm so much better off now, I'm going to lose another 150 lbs!

That's how the tax cut talk goes with conservatives.

Oh, and btw, Donald Trump's proposals of massive tax cuts and massive increases in defense spending,

Kennedy would never support that today, based on what I posted above...

...from the speech YOU cited.

'
more leftist bullshit. The poor in the USA are better off than the middle classes in most of the rest of the world.

But, since you brought it up, how much should the government provide to people who are too lazy to work? Should there be any limits on how much govt cheese you get?

I love it when Conservatives compare us to third world shitholes

Why, the comparison shows that we are much better. Do you feel guilty that our poor are better off than the poor in any African country?

Do you feel the US should choose Africa as the standard for which our poor people should live?

Anything above Africa is....Good enough

Not even close to what I said. Why do you want the government to be in charge of every aspect of your life from cradle to grave?
I want a government that does what needs doing...as determined by We the People

I think everyone agrees with that conceptually, where we differ is in defining "what needs doing".

you libs want the government to do everything to support your existence from birth to death. You want to be a ward of the state, who has no responsibilities, no ambition, nothing but a sheep to the masters in DC.

Sane americans understand that the government must be limited and that the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed, not that you will find it.

I love it when Conservatives compare us to third world shitholes

Why, the comparison shows that we are much better. Do you feel guilty that our poor are better off than the poor in any African country?

Do you feel the US should choose Africa as the standard for which our poor people should live?

Not even close to what I said. Why do you want the government to be in charge of every aspect of your life from cradle to grave?

I think everyone agrees with that conceptually, where we differ is in defining "what needs doing".

you libs want the government to do everything to support your existence from birth to death. You want to be a ward of the state, who has no responsibilities, no ambition, nothing but a sheep to the masters in DC.

Sane americans understand that the government must be limited and that the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed, not that you will find it.

No, I don't.

I agree with this part:

Given that we have massive debt from 4 wars we didn't pay for since 1980, I'd say he'd consider that necessary.

The idea that Kennedy's tax cuts justify further tax cuts is nonsense. We are now at levels 30 or 40% lower than where Kennedy took taxes;

Let's say you have a guy who weighs 300 lbs and wants to lose 150 lbs. So he goes on a diet and miraculously reaches his goal. 150. And then he says gee, I'm so much better off now, I'm going to lose another 150 lbs!

Oh, and btw, Donald Trump's proposals of massive tax cuts and massive increases in defense spending,

most of our debt has nothing to do with our stupid wars------which were authorized and funded by both parties. Most of it is the direct result of the welfare state created by FDR and continued by every president and congress since then

No, I don't.

then you better not vote for Hillary because that's exactly what you will get from her.

It's priceless.

Wouldn't you?

In those days the tax code was full of exemptions and deductions, no one ever paid anywhere close to 77%.

Wouldn't you?

In those days the tax code was full of exemptions and deductions, no one ever paid anywhere close to 77%.

You are correct...they may have paid 50% effective rate

Now they pay 14%

I agree with this part:

Their EFFECTIVE rate is 12%, dupe.

Wouldn't you?

You are correct...they may have paid 50% effective rate

Now they pay 14%

wrong, the people paying 14% today were paying 14% or less in the 1960s. BUT, in the 1960s virtually everyone was paying some federal income tax, today half of our people pay nothing, but get thousands in govt freebees. Do you think that makes for a healthy society?

Sure, dupe.

The one tax graph you really need to know

state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

Add it up, and we have close to a flat tax, with richest ending up with all the new wealth. Add our new ridiculous FEES ALSO to make up for low fed aid to states under Reaganism rates, that KILL the nonrich...

Last edited:
OK, back to the OP. Not one of you on the dem side has been able to name a current democrat who has said anything close to the Kennedy quote.

What do you derive from that? Was Kennedy wrong or are today's democrats wrong. It has to be one or the other.

I agree with this part:

Would you give me this weeks winning lotto numbers

I agree with this part:

I gave you logical conclusions based on the facts.

I agree with this part:

LOL, nothing you have ever posted has been logical or factual. you are a poster of dem/lib talking points, nothing more.

OK, back to the OP. Not one of you on the dem side has been able to name a current democrat who has said anything close to the Kennedy quote.

What do you derive from that? Was Kennedy wrong or are today's democrats wrong. It has to be one or the other.
OK, ignore the fact you're totally wrong on who pays taxes lol. Fox etc etc would be proud of you.
state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

Ever heard a Dem speech on Americorps or the Peace Corps, or paying taxes vs Trump's outlook, etc etc? Probably not. Not covered by your "news", like Michelle's speech yesterday. Very important one.

I agree with this part:

LOL, nothing you have ever posted has been logical or factual. you are a poster of dem/lib talking points, nothing more.

lol, your thread is based on a worn out thoroughly debunked RW talking point.

Forum List

Back