Kerry: Putin is going to lose

The only ones who hate Obama are you anti-American conservatives.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I notice an apparent incongruity and I'm hoping you can clear it up for me. I'll need to make a couple of assumptions:

First, I'll assume based on your full post that you like Obama and voted for him. And second, I'll assume that since you're calling someone else anti-American, that you consider yourself pro-American, that you like America.

If those two assumptions are correct, why would you vote to fundamentally change something you like?

Last edited:
I have two questions:

1) Where is our duly elected president?

2) Why is Kerry running this show?
1) Probably at the Oscars. A big speech is sure to follow with his take on the events and turmoil leading up to the Earth shaking news. He might even comment on the Ukrainian situation.
2) Lurch is being groomed for the next White House run since Shrillary probably won't be able to shake her less than stellar performance.

Yup. Putin's shaking in his boots.

article-2571301-1BF319C700000578-353_634x546.jpg

Im a second generation German American and have relatives in Germany, but if Germany starts fucking with the interests of the USA, I am an American first. So in all due respect, fuck off.

Dumbya ruined any leverage we had in world politics.

I must have missed Russia invading all those countries back when Dubya was in charge, could you give me a list?

Russia has invaded two countries since the Soviet Union broke up. Georgia in 2008 under Bush and now Ukraine under Obama's watch. Anyone who doesn't think the pair of decade long wars we have been involved in doesn't reduce our leverage on the world stage is kidding themself. Bush is just one of many people to blame for that at this point.

Last edited:
Im a second generation Colorado American and have relatives in Colorado, but if Colorado starts fucking with the interests of the USA, I am an American first. So in all due respect, fuck off.

Im a second generation Colorado American and have relatives in Colorado, but if Colorado starts fucking with the interests of the USA, I am an American first. So in all due respect, fuck off.

Read her posts numbnuts. Just like alot of cons on here she is actively rooting for that scumbag mafia boss Putin.

Dumbya ruined any leverage we had in world politics.

I must have missed Russia invading all those countries back when Dubya was in charge, could you give me a list?

Russia has invaded two countries since the Soviet Union broke up. Georgia in 2008 under Bush and now Ukraine under Obama's watch. Anyone who doesn't think the pair of decade long wars we have been involved in doesn't reduce our leverage on the world stage is kidding themself. Bush is just one of many people to blame for that at this point.

yep, that $5TRILLION unfunded wad that Bu$h II/Cheney shot weakened us considerably. Then Sen. Obama knew it was a bad decision as well

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obama was an early opponent of the George W. Bush administration's 2003 invasion of Iraq. On October 2, 2002, the day President Bush and Congress agreed on the joint resolution authorizing the Iraq War, Obama addressed the first high-profile Chicago anti-Iraq War rally, and spoke out against the war. He addressed another anti-war rally in March 2003 and told the crowd that "it's not too late" to stop the war

Last edited:
Very selective reasoning there. Afghanistan is a different story since they harbored the folks that attacked us and Iraq could have been dealt with effectively with non violence if the UN wasn't a bunch of corrupt backroom dealing circle jerks.

Means the Cold War is over. Waste your money on guns and you have less butter, and don't forget to recycle your toothpaste tin.
I know that the Cold War is over. I also understand the analogy about guns and butter.

But Soviets (and Putin is still after all a Soviet) never cared too much about butter in the first place. They are all about the iron fist.

Putin is very much a Soviet, old school of KGB. However in his ever calculating mind he has to figure in the strategic weakness which is the relative GDPs. He might be wanting to do all he can to preserve or recapture the greatness of the Soviet Empire. The iron fist might be as hard as ever but the arm ain't what it used to be.
But my point is that communist dictators like Putin don't care.

They could bring back bread lines and American grain shipments to bail them out, but as long as he holds total rule over the peasants it's all good.

Read her posts numbnuts. Just like alot of cons on here she is actively rooting for that scumbag mafia boss Putin.

She's doing it to, as most Republicans are want to do :up: score cheap partisan rw political points.

yep, that $5TRILLION unfunded wad that Bu$h II/Cheney shot weakened us considerably. Then Sen. Obama knew it was a bad decision as well
Typical lefttardism. The congress didn't elect to go to war unfunded and we've seen what kind of impotent leader he is. Blaming Bush is about all you nincompoops have left.

Very selective reasoning there. Afghanistan is a different story since they harbored the folks that attacked us and Iraq could have been dealt with effectively with non violence if the UN wasn't a bunch of corrupt backroom dealing circle jerks.

We've been in Afghanistan for 13 years now and it is still a shit hole. Finding and killing those responsible for 9/11 would have been great, could have done without the nation building though. Iraq was neutered on the world stage before we invaded in 2013.

UN antics aside, each war was very different. Russia's invasion into Georgia was not any more of a picnic than any of the others, well, Ukraine has yet to earn its place in there somewhere.

We've been in Afghanistan for 13 years now and it is still a shit hole. Finding and killing those responsible for 9/11 would have been great, could have done without the nation building though. Iraq was neutered on the world stage before we invaded in 2013.
I am of the opinion that it's all about the opium.

But that is a topic for another thread.

"When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, the newly independent Ukraine had on its territory what was the third largest strategic nuclear weapons arsenal in the world. It was larger than those of Britain, France, and China combined. On June 1, 1996 Ukraine became a non-nuclear nation when it sent the last of its 1,900 strategic nuclear warheads to Russia for dismantling.[1] The first shipment of nuclear weapons from Ukraine to Russia (by train) was in March 1994.[2] In return for giving up its nuclear weapons, Ukraine, the United States of America, Russia, and the United Kingdom signed the 1994 Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, pledging to respect Ukraine territorial integrity, a pledge that was arguably broken by Russia's 2014 invasion of Crimea."

Naturally, some Ukranians were reluctant to part with some of their nuclear arsenal:

"Not everyone in Ukraine shared a will to surrender nuclear weapons. On March 12, 1992 the President of Ukraine Leonid Kravchuk suspended the transfer of tactical nuclear weapons from the territory of Ukraine."

During the 2008 South Ossetia (Five Day) War I remember reading about how the US military impressed their Russian counterparts during Operation Desert Storm. The Russians admitted they could not match US technology, as so they issued an ultimatum that may still be in effect: if a single member of the Russian military dies from one of America's "smart bombs", the Russians will respond with a tactical nuclear weapon against the closest NATO installation.

There are at least three NATO states currently bordering western Ukraine

Nuclear weapons and Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back