Keystone XL Fails to Pass Senate 59 - 41

Since the country is crisscrossed with pipelines what is your objection to one more? Even if it creates only 50 long term jobs what is the risk? The Alaskan pipeline is doing just fine.

My objections are not to pipeline. But since you clearly see this entire thing in one dimensional terms, there's no reason to elaborate further.

The Keystone pipeline will deliver oil to the gulf, where it will be sent abroad ... no oil for use in the US. It offers no permanent jobs for the US either. It's great watching the Right lie about their support for it.

That's exactly how it works, with one correction -- it would create permanent jobs here, a whopping 35 of 'em. That's to basically play the part of "mule" -- the mule being the poor schlub the drug dealer hires to swallow a balloon of coke and take a flight and then uh, deliver the end product so to speak. Of course if the balloon happens to break in the gut while in transit, well that's the mule's problem...

In 90 days, Keystone will pass the Senate ... gloat while you can.

It will still be 59-41.....:rolleyes-41:
Oh really?

A5jMXFzeDVtUpk3jjHWMtZy4aKUbaYSqJ07B0gtm5-2wBU3FCHShgLqugS9NoXt93akdo8GXfdZuvHAXCbI1ee0eZgOGRgP51c2V-jRb2Qa4Ziip2aIm=w600-h330-nc

um, what does that have to do with the Senate?

Stevie is dumber than a box of rocks. Glad he's on your side and not mine.

He doesn't seem to mind humiliating himself.

A private company cannot willfully take over a private landowners interests to build the pipeline. If a landowner objects then the pipeline should be forced to re-direct... at the sole expense of the company.

The disinformation crowd is out in force to stop keystone at all cost. If it doesn't matter a hill of beans, then why fight it tooth and nail?

Oh really?

A5jMXFzeDVtUpk3jjHWMtZy4aKUbaYSqJ07B0gtm5-2wBU3FCHShgLqugS9NoXt93akdo8GXfdZuvHAXCbI1ee0eZgOGRgP51c2V-jRb2Qa4Ziip2aIm=w600-h330-nc

Speaking of dumber than a box of rocks, how do you figure he's "on my side?"

Oh really?

Because you're both dumber than a box of rocks.

Oh really?

LOL , why? Because you stupidly believe that having an opinion different than Carla = being dumb?

Carla, you actually bring the intelligence of this board down every time you log on, and that's saying a lot.

Oh really?

LOL , why? Because you stupidly believe that having an opinion different than Carla = being dumb?

Carla, you actually bring the intelligence of this board down every time you log on, and that's saying a lot.

I enjoy reading other intelligent opinions that differ from mine. It's just that you're both dumber than a box of rocks.

at this point, how could anyone be opposed to the keystone pipeline EXCEPT for political reasons?

I get so sick of that, a good idea is a good idea, who cares which party comes up with it.
Easy...we dont need it....

Yes, who the fuck needs a pipeline that will allow us to send an extra 160,000 barrels of crude a day to US refineries?

Jobs, who needs 'em (spit)

Democrats gave cover to obama so he didn't have to go on record to veto the Bill. Next January he won't have cover. Bills will pass with 51 votes.

You are a duped Repubtard!

Obama is not running for any office therefore he needs no cover for any action he takes. US Oil production declined over the past 40 years because of Republicans. Obama is the first president to increase US oil production in over 40 years.

Keystone phase 1, 2 & 3 were built under Obama's administration. Obama is an all of the above pro US energy president. Obama did not issue a veto threat when the House passed its own pro-Keystone legislation. The White House currently has no plans to roll out a veto threat for the Senate's pro-pipeline legislation.

More jobs are created every month under Obama than all the Keystone pipeline & US oil production boom created.
You need to post a chart or graph to really illustrate your stupidity and cluelessness.

at this point, how could anyone be opposed to the keystone pipeline EXCEPT for political reasons?

I get so sick of that, a good idea is a good idea, who cares which party comes up with it.
Sez who? Besides, none of your money is going towards it. You would think Dems would be happy to have someone else footing the bill for jobs.

Yes, who the fuck needs a pipeline that will allow us to send an extra 160,000 barrels of crude a day to US refineries?

Jobs, who needs 'em (spit)

Except, that's not what's going to happen.

KXL will divert Tar Sands oil now supplying Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel. These additional costs (estimated to total $2–4 billion) will suppress other spending and will therefore cost jobs.

According to TransCanada, KXL will increase the price of heavy crude oil in the Midwest by almost $2 to $4 billion annually, and escalating for several years.72 It will do this by diverting major volumes of Tar Sands oil now supplying the Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel, adding up to $5 billion to the annual US fuel bill.73 Further, the KXL pipeline will do nothing to insulate the US from oil price volatility.74 Even one year of fuel price increases as a result of KXL could cancel out some or all of the jobs created by KXL, based on the (more accurate) $3 to 4 billion budget for KXL (the remaining cost to build within the US). Higher fuel prices due to KXL would have broad adverse impacts. Gasoline is a significant cost for most Americans, and especially for those with lower incomes and/or residing in rural areas. Moreover, refined oil products (notably gasoline and diesel) are very widely used throughout the economy (especially in agriculture and commercial transportation). So higher fuel prices due to KXL would ripple through the economy and impact a very broad range of people and businesses. The benefits of KXL construction and operations would be narrowly concentrated. A relatively small number of workers and businesses would be directly involved in providing labor and other inputs to pipeline construction and operations. Likewise, the other
potential costs and benefits from KXL would not be shared equally across US regions and states. In particular, the Midwest region could be a loser due to KXL, while the Gulf Coast (and particularly Texas) could be a winner.

http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/globallaborinstitute/research/upload/GLI_KeystoneXL_Reportpdf.pdf

Democrats gave cover to obama so he didn't have to go on record to veto the Bill. Next January he won't have cover. Bills will pass with 51 votes.

You are a duped Repubtard!

Obama is not running for any office therefore he needs no cover for any action he takes. US Oil production declined over the past 40 years because of Republicans. Obama is the first president to increase US oil production in over 40 years.

Keystone phase 1, 2 & 3 were built under Obama's administration. Obama is an all of the above pro US energy president. Obama did not issue a veto threat when the House passed its own pro-Keystone legislation. The White House currently has no plans to roll out a veto threat for the Senate's pro-pipeline legislation.

More jobs are created every month under Obama than all the Keystone pipeline & US oil production boom created.
You need to post a chart or graph to really illustrate your stupidity and cluelessness.

:lol: Your avatar idiot hero started wearing glasses to disguise himself as a "smart person" :lol:

Forum List

Back