Larry Elder - Need more?

recall is silly waste, he is up for re election soon that seems a better path. But if lived there now would Never vote for some one new with so little experience to run such a huge diverse state.

We elected a guy that was never so much on a school board for President and he ended up being the best President we had since Reagan.

People complain all the time about "professional politicians" yet when a non-professional politician runs, you refuse to vote for him or her. Then when things never change for the better you can't figure out why.

Remind us again how many times you racists have done that in 245 years?

Wait…what? Once?!? One fucking time in 245 years? Wow.

Where are your black candidates for president? - Oh wait, Donnie killed the last one. :rolleyes-41:

49xisz.jpg

Last edited:
Much more impressive that Elder's qualifications

Gavin Christopher Newsom
(born October 10, 1967) is an American politician and businessman serving as the 40th governor of California since January 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, he previously served as the 49th lieutenant governor of California from 2011 to 2019 and as the 42ndmayor of San Francisco from 2004 to 2011. He is a progressive leader who is a prominent advocate for LGBT rights, same-sex marriage, immigrant rights, universal health care, affordable housing to combat the housing shortage, environmental policies to combat climate change, a minimum wage, gun control, and the legalization of cannabis.

Newsom attended Redwood High School and graduated from Santa Clara University. After graduation, he founded the PlumpJack wine store with family friend Gordon Getty as an investor. The PlumpJack Group grew to manage 23 businesses, including wineries, restaurants, and hotels. Newsom began his political career in 1996, when San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown appointed him to serve on the city's Parking and Traffic Commission. Brownappointed Newsom to fill a vacancy on the Board of Supervisors the following year, and Newsom was later elected to the board in 1998, 2000, and 2002.[1]

In 2003, at the age of 36, Newsom was elected the 42nd mayor of San Francisco, becoming the city's youngest mayor in a century.[2] Newsom was re-elected in 2007 with 72% of the vote.[3][4] Newsom was elected lieutenant governor of California in 2010 and was re-elected in 2014. He was elected governor in the 2018 election. Newsom faced criticism for his response to the COVID-19 pandemic in California, the timing and scope of state COVID-19 restrictions, and the slow initial rollout of vaccines, and is set to face an election for his recall in 2021.[5]
[6]

Newsom hosted The Gavin Newsom Show on Current TV from 2012 to 2013 and wrote the 2013 book Citizenville, about using digital tools for democratic change.[7]

Elder's Qualifications :lol:

Laurence Allen Elder (born April 27, 1952) is an American conservative[1] talk radio host, author, politician, and attorney who hosts The Larry Elder Show. The show began as a local program on Los Angeles radio station KABC in 1993 and ran until 2008, followed by a second run on KABC from 2010 to 2014. The show is nationally syndicated, first through ABC Radio Networks from 2002 to 2007 and then Salem Media Group since 2015.

Elder has written nonfiction books and a nationally syndicated column through Creators Syndicate. Elder is currently a candidate for Governor of California, running as a Republican to replace Democrat Gavin Newsom in the 2021 California gubernatorial recall election. Elder's candidacy in the recall election is his first run for public office.
[2]
Ok, so Newsome is a long time politician, that could be argued as part of the problem in Cali.

Do you agree with his politics?

How about bet on whether Elder and the GOP whines and cries about the election after today?

I'd bet a hundred bucks against five on that. This is the new GOP game plan. Whenever you figure your chances are slim, just say preemptively announce that it's already a rigged election. Just look at some of the posts in this thread. They bought it hook line and sinker :heehee:

Not just planning, they've already cheated. The crackhead they paid to steal ballots out of the mail already got caught. Now people going to vote in person are being told they've "already voted". Classic DemoKKKrat election fraud.
We should just apoint Trump. Can we make him governor of California?

Ok, so Newsome is a long time politician, that could be argued as part of the problem in Cali.

Do you agree with his politics?

For the most part? Yes. I'm probably more fiscally conservative than Newsom but his social views are my own.
Newsom was a very successful businessman on top of years of practical experience in governing.
Larry? - a RW squawk radio kook.

Look at all these fucking racists blasting Elder.

Good Lord….that racism is alive and well from the DIXIECRATS.

Holy shit, you left wing commie fucks are racist as shit.

Elder never ran anything before. He was a layer that went into entertainment so I have no idea WTF your point is. My point is that the state of California is going downhill and is getting worse under this clown Newsom, who put this Communist Gascon in as district attorney that's mostly responsible for all the crime increases in his district.

People and businesses are leaving, 30% of the businesses forced to close under Newsom will never reopen again, the only state in the union that felt compelled to offer "poop maps" to guide tourists around human shit on the sidewalk, but people are stupid enough not to recall this guy? How bad does it have to get?
My point is he has no experience, in public administration, or large private administration. His law career was 7 years or less, before he became a talk show host, unaccountable and with no experience putting into effect what he preached. Naturally, he wanted to start at the top, running the 5th largest economy on the planet with lots of known problems and a very diverse populace. I think experience counts for something, but as shown by Newsom, it sure isn't everything.

Just curious, what were Newsome's qualifications when he was elected?
Financial investment company, and at least 11 other various companies including a wines store that got him interested in politics, as he was fighting city hall and the health department. At least one of his businesses grew to 700 employees. He sold his interests in his San Francisco businesses when he ran for and was elected mayor. He campaigned for Willie Brown in 95 and took a seat on the Parking and Traffic commission and was later elected president of the commission. Got appointed as the youngest member of San Francisco's Board of Supervisors. I have no idea what effect he had there between then and 2003, but it is a liberal city, and they thought he was pretty and elected him Mayor. He had experience. My view from the outside is he lacks judgement and that is how he got himself into this recall thing. His fault, in my opinion from 2000 plus miles away.

My point is he has no experience, in public administration, or large private administration. His law career was 7 years or less, before he became a talk show host, unaccountable and with no experience putting into effect what he preached. Naturally, he wanted to start at the top, running the 5th largest economy on the planet with lots of known problems and a very diverse populace. I think experience counts for something, but as shown by Newsom, it sure isn't everything.

How are we ever going to change this country when we elect the same kind of people over and over again; professional politicians. When the ship is sinking, try any solution that has the possibility of working because you have nothing to lose. Trump had no political background, and neither did Arnold. Yet they were both able to do the job just fine. Our founders never required any "experience" to be President because they did indeed want average people to take the job.

Forum List

Back