Leftists harassing Christian baker AGAIN

Public accommodations laws serve the public good and facilitate commerce. If you want to get a business license and keep it, abide by them. The all the rest of us have to. Nobody needs to be molly coddled or excused.

All public accommodation laws are retarded and should be scrapped.

Why? It sounds like you want to destroy freedom of commerce in the U.S. and restrict the movement of American consumers. Do want to walk into an open-to-the-public business (advertised as such) and be refused service?

You think business owners deciding whom they wish to do business with will kill commerce in America? I sure as hell don't. I think the government should butt out and let the consumers decide if such practices are worthy of their money or not.

So you agree with discrimination in commerce. You agree with segregation. Nope. Can't agree. Not all people live in urban areas in which there are lots of choices. If you accept a business license and advertise that you provide services or goods to the public, then do it. Don't get into false advertising. "We have the best burgers in town, but we won't serve one to you!" Bullshit. Are you open to the public or not?

We are one nation, or aren't we?

C'mon baker. Wise up. Bake the cake. Just make it a lousy cake maybe using exlax instead of chocolate or salt instead of sugar. They won't come back.
they're not going there to get a cake. they're going there to fuck with him.

Public accommodations laws serve the public good and facilitate commerce. If you want to get a business license and keep it, abide by them. The all the rest of us have to. Nobody needs to be molly coddled or excused.

Why? It sounds like you want to destroy freedom of commerce in the U.S. and restrict the movement of American consumers. Do want to walk into an open-to-the-public business (advertised as such) and be refused service?

You think business owners deciding whom they wish to do business with will kill commerce in America? I sure as hell don't. I think the government should butt out and let the consumers decide if such practices are worthy of their money or not.

So you agree with discrimination in commerce. You agree with segregation. Nope. Can't agree. Not all people live in urban areas in which there are lots of choices. If you accept a business license and advertise that you provide services or goods to the public, then do it. Don't get into false advertising. "We have the best burgers in town, but we won't serve one to you!" Bullshit. Are you open to the public or not?

We are one nation, or aren't we?

So you believe that government can force people to go against their moral code for any reason?

So the rights of the LGBT person to get a cake from THAT baker overrides their free exercise of religion?

Please note that he does not refuse service to gay people altogether, only custom cakes for Same sex weddings. He also doesn't do halloween cakes, and other cakes that go against his religion.

Also, see below for another article on the topic. Also note what other cakes were asked for (and refused)

The State Of Colorado Is Still Trying To Destroy Jack Phillips

In one call, Scardina allegedly asked for “an image of Satan smoking marijuana.” In another, members of “the Church of Satan” asked for “a three-tiered white cake” with a “large figure of Satan, licking a nine inch black Dildo.” “I would like the dildo to be an actual working model that can be turned on before we unveil the cake,” went the request. You can just sense the sanctimonious smugness of people who think this sort of thing is edgy.

I mean I personally think it's silly for baker not to bake a cake for a gay, or for a restaurant not to serve a Trump supporter, but that's really irrelevant, what IS relevant is the principle of rights, and I just fail to see how anyone in this country could believe they have the right to make another person work for them against their will... That used to be called slavery

I thinks those are very foolish business practices that I would never employ, but that’s the kicker...it is what *I* would do. Who the hell am I to tell another person how to run their business?

I mean the ridiculous part is the very people who want the government to FORCE these people to do business with gays are the very same people who exploded with righteous anger when those same people wanted to use the government to FORCE gays to not beg able to marry. You would think they would be the VERY last people who would want to use the government to force their choices on anyone else, but here they stupidly are "hey yall let's make these Christian bastards do what we want them to do" Goddamned it would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary.
It’s simple...14th Amendment

Government has no right to exclude gays

Sorry......but you must run your business according to local laws

Those laws cover hours you can operate, public safety, how you treat your employees and how you treat your customers

Nobody is forcing you to open a business

Note to cake buyers, there is more than one baker around.

Stop being litigious twat-waddles.
But then they couldn’t force decent people to discard their moral code & celebrate the demented sex cult values. Hence the reason they target Christians & feel compelled to inform them what deviant sex ritual the cake is meant to celebrate.

Those laws cover hours you can operate, public safety, how you treat your employees and how you treat your customers

Sorry, but the 1st amendment trumps local laws.

Especially when it comes to a non timely, non nessasary, contracted service.

I mean I personally think it's silly for baker not to bake a cake for a gay, or for a restaurant not to serve a Trump supporter, but that's really irrelevant, what IS relevant is the principle of rights, and I just fail to see how anyone in this country could believe they have the right to make another person work for them against their will... That used to be called slavery

I thinks those are very foolish business practices that I would never employ, but that’s the kicker...it is what *I* would do. Who the hell am I to tell another person how to run their business?

I mean the ridiculous part is the very people who want the government to FORCE these people to do business with gays are the very same people who exploded with righteous anger when those same people wanted to use the government to FORCE gays to not beg able to marry. You would think they would be the VERY last people who would want to use the government to force their choices on anyone else, but here they stupidly are "hey yall let's make these Christian bastards do what we want them to do" Goddamned it would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary.
It’s simple...14th Amendment

Government has no right to exclude gays

Of course they don't. That's why I defend the rights of gays to marry even though I personally am not interested in gay marriage in the least.

I would likewise support a gay business owner's rights to refuse service to a Christian, just as I support a restaraunt's rights to kick SHS out .

It's called having principles, And this is simple A small child knows that if they own a toy, they have a right to decide which other kids get to play with that toy, that other children don't have a right to come up and say "hey , you are at a public park and therefor I have a right to play with your toy"

Yep. And the new USSC is going to school rightwinger and company on that. The last time they went around with this baker the Court said to the lgbt cult/PA laws & rogue states that selectively punished to favor lgbt (state establishing a dogmatic preference & enforcing that preference), “don’t push it,you’re clearly out of bounds here”. So, they’re pushing it again.

This time I hope we get some medical doctors under oath having to tell the truth about .”transgender”.

As you well know local, state, and federal laws are all subject to the COTUS, no law may violate that.

Though Lord knows liberals continually try.

First amendment applies to people
Not business

As a person, you can hate who you want
As a business, you can’t

No shoes, no shirt , no service..

Very true

There is a public health concern
Making a cake is not

First amendment applies to people
Not business

As a person, you can hate who you want
As a business, you can’t

A business, especially a privately owned one is an extension of the person who owns and operates it.

Commerce does not automatically win out over 1st amendment protections.

Forum List

Back