Legal pot in Colorado claims it's first victim

thats why i put it there so you can see it...if you want to know the answer to your questions....you will have to tune it in....

Just heard today that 4th Graders in a school in Greely Colorado were busted for selling pot for 11 dollars. Yes Sir - no unintended consequences with legalizing pot......

It?s Legal to Sell Pot in Colorado, But Not If You?re in 4th Grade - ABC News

yea that also happens in the inner cities too.....i dont see anyone complaining about that...only those kids are hired by the big bad gangsters.....they are just training them for their future jobs....
So let's put the gangs out of business.

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

thats why i put it there so you can see it...if you want to know the answer to your questions....you will have to tune it in....

Just heard today that 4th Graders in a school in Greely Colorado were busted for selling pot for 11 dollars. Yes Sir - no unintended consequences with legalizing pot......

yea that also happens in the inner cities too.....i dont see anyone complaining about that...only those kids are hired by the big bad gangsters.....they are just training them for their future jobs....

well, as another one of those "unintended consequences" is that the drug cartels from Columbia are now investing in the pot industry in Colorado

Feds: Four men diverted Colombian cash to Colorado marijuana business - The Denver Post

This is really working out well! :eusa_clap:

well, as another one of those "unintended consequences" is that the drug cartels from Columbia are now investing in the pot industry in Colorado

Feds: Four men diverted Colombian cash to Colorado marijuana business - The Denver Post

no matter what you may think Randall, Pot should not be a Schedule 1 drug and it should be Decriminalized...in the 17 years its been "semi-legal" here in California not many of the horror stories that were said was going to happen has happened....

no matter what you may think Randall, Pot should not be a Schedule 1 drug and it should be Decriminalized...in the 17 years its been "semi-legal" here in California not many of the horror stories that were said was going to happen has happened....

With all due respect, Kalifornia is rotting from within. The "Medical" clinics are the biggest sham in history. You know it and I know it. A "headache" is no reason to get a prescription for weed. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it. It is nothing more that a scam to skirt the law.

As for Colorado, they caved to the crowd of Hippies that have co-opted that state. They violated federal law and "legalized" pot. If we had a president that lived up to his oath, the governor and the entire state house would be in jail. Unfortunately - we have a president that doesn't follow the law. No matter. Colorado will again change hands this November. What the hell happens then?

I will ask the same question that I have been asking since this nonsense began. When a republican takes the presidency back from these Nazis, what happens then? Does he follow the law and send in the National Guard to close these illegal "shops" in Colorado? Or, if it is allowed to go on - what happens when these people who are smoking every day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year develop lung cancer or COPD and begin demanding the state of Colorado assume responsibility for their illness because, after all, it was a state sponsored bill that supposedly made this crap "legal" in spite of federal law.

What liability does Colorado have when a kid ingests pot cookies and dies? After all - the "State" says it's OK to buy. They are making the statement, by their support of it, that it is a safe and legal substance, are they not? Wonder what the kids parents will say when their child is dead - it's nearly happened twice already in Colorado and once when some damned fool flew off the roof of a hotel in Colorado. Understand, this is NOT a citizen against a liquor company. Far from it. This is the STATE legalizing a product in direct violation of federal law. The legal aspects of this are mind-boggling.

Employees are being terminated for smoking weed (not ion the job) and are suing their former employers. I understand their point. How the hell can an employer in the state of Colorado fire an employee for doing something that the "state" deems "legal"?

Now, the state of Colorado is busting Columbians who are bringing in truckloads of cash to "buy into" these "head shops".

So let's assume that it gets legal in all 50 states. Just for the fun of it. What comes next? Legalize Coke? Meth? How the hell do you throw a person in prison because he is selling Hydracodine to his friends? Heroin? LSD? Hell, we can be the new Amsterdam!!! Ever been to Amsterdam? I have - it's a shithole.

Laugh at me now. Not one of you ever thought that this bullshit would get this far. NORML has been after this since the early 70s. Now, they have a president of the United States that sets the example by sating that he has smoked weed and worse yet, refuses to order his AG to enforce federal law - because he is "King"

I smoked a lot of pot back in the day, I never hallucinated.

Same here but from what I'm hearing from today's growers and users reefer is FAR more potent than it was back in the day. There are also processes available to create ultra pure THC which is truly dangerous.

I am a recovered alcoholic and drug abuser. I smoked pot and drank heavily for years. I generally insist that pot is less dangerous to life and limb that booze is but I haven't smoked any of today's stuff so I'm basing my opinion on past experience.

I work really close to one of the biggest growers in Colorado called "Medicine Man." They buy products from my retail store and I've spoken to the owner about today's marijuana. He said that one hit of his stuff is equal to an entire joint of the stuff of yesteryear. Now if you were to concentrate that potency into a piece of candy or other edible and end up eating a lot of candy or edibles then the result could potentially be dangerous.
This "high potency" issue is nothing but the latest Reefer Madness gimmick which is clearly aimed at the inexperienced and uninformed.

The potency factor is relevant only when one is unaware of the potency of the marijuana he/she is about to use. And even then, provided the user of a particularly high potency strain is not out and about in a potentially dangerous environment, the simple fact is it's impossible to overdose on marijuana so the worst thing that can happen is extreme stupor or unconsciousness.

As I've mentioned previously in this forum, the most potent marijuana I've ever experienced was the first marijuana I'd ever smoked and that was on Okinawa in 1957. We got this stuff from the mama-sans who did our laundry. The price was five cartons of Pall Mall cigarettes (which cost us $1 a carton at the PX) for a soup can packed to the brim with bud which was so resinous the oil ran down the rolling paper and stuck it to the fingers.

Because it was my first time I was properly warned to take just two hits and no more from the passing joint. I complied and within five minutes I was very pleasantly stoned, seated on the edge of my buddy's rack and giggling. And for the next eighteen months I never smoked more than half of one rolled joint and always achieved the desired effect. Once I smoked a bit more than usual and I recall feeling like my feet were glued to the floor.

The first time I smoked marijuana after leaving Okinawa I was amazed at the comparative weakness of the joint my friend gave me and said was "good stuff." In fact I never again came across any marijuana which was as potent as that "rice paddy weed." I have no doubt a soup can full of it would cost at least five hundred dollars today.

Because you have experience with beverage alcohol I offer this analogy to explain the true significance of the current "high potency" propaganda: You can drink an 8oz glass of merlot wine and get a nice buzz, but if you drink an 8oz glass of tequila it will knock you on your ass. The same comparison applies to marijuana. Know your limit, and know what you are smoking, or eating! If you're not sure of its potency, nibble -- and wait.

With all due respect, Kalifornia is rotting from within. The "Medical" clinics are the biggest sham in history. You know it and I know it. A "headache" is no reason to get a prescription for weed. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it. It is nothing more that a scam to skirt the law.

As for Colorado, they caved to the crowd of Hippies that have co-opted that state. They violated federal law and "legalized" pot. If we had a president that lived up to his oath, the governor and the entire state house would be in jail. Unfortunately - we have a president that doesn't follow the law. No matter. Colorado will again change hands this November. What the hell happens then?

I will ask the same question that I have been asking since this nonsense began. When a republican takes the presidency back from these Nazis, what happens then? Does he follow the law and send in the National Guard to close these illegal "shops" in Colorado? Or, if it is allowed to go on - what happens when these people who are smoking every day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year develop lung cancer or COPD and begin demanding the state of Colorado assume responsibility for their illness because, after all, it was a state sponsored bill that supposedly made this crap "legal" in spite of federal law.

What liability does Colorado have when a kid ingests pot cookies and dies? After all - the "State" says it's OK to buy. They are making the statement, by their support of it, that it is a safe and legal substance, are they not? Wonder what the kids parents will say when their child is dead - it's nearly happened twice already in Colorado and once when some damned fool flew off the roof of a hotel in Colorado. Understand, this is NOT a citizen against a liquor company. Far from it. This is the STATE legalizing a product in direct violation of federal law. The legal aspects of this are mind-boggling.

Employees are being terminated for smoking weed (not ion the job) and are suing their former employers. I understand their point. How the hell can an employer in the state of Colorado fire an employee for doing something that the "state" deems "legal"?

Now, the state of Colorado is busting Columbians who are bringing in truckloads of cash to "buy into" these "head shops".

So let's assume that it gets legal in all 50 states. Just for the fun of it. What comes next? Legalize Coke? Meth? How the hell do you throw a person in prison because he is selling Hydracodine to his friends? Heroin? LSD? Hell, we can be the new Amsterdam!!! Ever been to Amsterdam? I have - it's a shithole.

Laugh at me now. Not one of you ever thought that this bullshit would get this far. NORML has been after this since the early 70s. Now, they have a president of the United States that sets the example by sating that he has smoked weed and worse yet, refuses to order his AG to enforce federal law - because he is "King"

^^^^another crotchety curmudgeon yearning for the good ol' days^^^

Listen pops, first of all, you know jack-shit about California.... and Amsterdam for that matter. And where do you live? Out on a prairie in some trailer with nothing but your own farts to keep you company? Or is it in some white, homogenized suburb filled with hateful, religious droid-like Stepford wives.

There's your shithole.

Conservative idiots like you are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history. You use your confirmation bias to cloud the fact that the pros of legalizing weed FAR outweigh the cons. You grip so tightly to this irrational fear of pot, same sex marriage... basically anything new at all.... and you always lose in the end. So much wasted energy.

But, you think a person as filled with hate as yourself should live?

He's off the deep end at this point. Everybody but him is "Nazi". Obviously cannabis is not in his repertoire. That sounds much more like alcohol.

Again (as in 90% of your posts) you are wrong. The only (Nazis) are liberals. YOU are a typical Nazi. George Soros is a Nazi. "Progressive Liberals" are Nazis.

Get it now?

All liberals belong to the Nazi Party???

Once again -- no link, no source, just ipse dixit. Same thing we've heard since ... .1937.
snore.gif

If you've never seen them, here are some studies that show adverse effects on infants during fetal development and even breastfeeding when the mother is the user:

References: 1. Day NL, Richardson GA, Geva D, Robles N. Alcohol, marijuana, and tobacco: effects of prenatal exposure on offspring growth and morphology at age six. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. Aug 1994;18(4):786-794.

2. Fried PA. Prenatal exposure to marihuana and tobacco during infancy, early and middle childhood: effects and an attempt at synthesis. Arch Toxicol Suppl. 1995;17:233-260.

3. Hurd YL, Wang X, Anderson V, Beck O, Minkoff H, Dow-Edwards D. Marijuana impairs growth in mid-gestation fetuses. Neurotoxicol Teratol. Mar-Apr 2005;27(2):221-229.

4. Murphy LL, Munoz RM, Adrian BA, Villanua MA. Function of cannabinoid receptors in the neuroendocrine regulation of hormone secretion. Neurobiol Dis. Dec 1998;5(6 Pt B):432-446.

5. Kline J, Stein Z, Hutzler M. Cigarettes, alcohol and marijuana: varying associations with birthweight. Int J Epidemiol. Mar 1987;16(1):44-51.

6. Robison LL, Buckley JD, Daigle AE, et al. Maternal drug use and risk of childhood nonlymphoblastic leukemia among offspring. An epidemiologic investigation implicating marijuana (a report from the Childrens Cancer Study Group). Cancer. May 15 1989;63(10):1904-1911.

7. Wang X, Dow-Edwards D, Anderson V, Minkoff H, Hurd YL. In utero marijuana exposure associated with abnormal amygdala dopamine D2 gene expression in the human fetus. Biol Psychiatry. Dec 15 2004;56(12):909-915.

8. Jutras-Aswad D, DiNieri JA, Harkany T, Hurd YL. Neurobiological consequences of maternal cannabis on human fetal development and its neuropsychiatric outcome. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. Oct 2009;259(7):395-412.

9. Mendelson JH, Mello NK, Ellingboe J. Acute effects of marihuana smoking on prolactin levels in human females. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. Jan 1985;232(1):220-222. 10. Fried PA, Cannabis use during pregnancy: its effects on offspring from birth to young adulthood. In: Alcohol, Drugs and Medications. Preece and Riley Eds. Clinics in Developmental Medicine No 188 2011 11. Briggs G, Freeman, R., and Yaffe, S. Drugs in Pregancy and Lactation. Vol Seventh Ed. Philadelphia PA: Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins; 2005.

Unfortunately, the article is not happy news for everyone, particularly the person who grows up suffering from any of the consequences mentioned. Here's just an excerpt or two:

THC crosses the placenta readily, and there is increasing evidence that it may increase rates of growth retardation, adverse neurodevelopment following prenatal exposure.

Despite the widespread use of this product, the public is not aware of the potential neurobehavioral effects of this drug on the fetus or the newborn infant.

Recent longitudinal studies suggest an increased risk of motor, social and cognitive disturbances in offspring who were exposed to cannabis prenatally. One study indicated a increased incidence of reduced head circumference in young adolescents (9-12years of age) who were exposed in utero to heavy marijuana use.10 Prenatal exposure resulted in a higher rate of low birth weight infants, and childhood leukemia. 5, 6,11 Recent studies have suggested a reduction in long and short-term memory retrieval and retention in children exposed to prenatal cannabis. These children were also weak in planning, integration and judgment skills. In a study of 42 postmortem fetal brain samples from pregnant women at mid gestation (18-22 weeks of gestational age) who voluntarily underwent saline induced abortion, a decrease in dopamine receptor (D2) mRNA expression in amygdala with significant prevalence in male fetuses. 7 Extensive marijuana exposure in utero was associated with the lowest reported mRNA levels. Unfortunately, this study did not indicate whether this change is transient or permanent.
Chronic cannabis use may cause depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder in adolescents and adults.

Sridevi Alapiti M.D.
Thomas W. Hale, Ph.D.
Infant Risk Center
There are mountains of scientific studies, Pogo. You just have to know where to find them if you really want to know what an enemy THC is to the developing human being, not to mention how it turns people depressed, anxious, and even bipolar behaviors in chronic users.

Life is hard on the body. THC is a terrible crazymaker to neural pathways in that body for reasons listed in those studies that track neurotransmitters.

Sorry. :(

The kicker to studying prenatal problems by maternal use is that researchers have a very, very difficult time trying to figure out what if any deleterious effects may be if the father is the user. You might as well try to pry a tooth from a diamond. Those kind of studies are hard to establish, and always have been. :cool:

Here's my take (and personal opinion) on this crap. I have smoked pot on several occasions when I was a kid. Didn't like it. When I left Vietnam, retrained and went to Germany, there were several times when I don't remember the previous couple of days - I drank myself into a stupor. One early morning, I woke up laying in a street in Heidleberg. I told myself then - this shit HAS to stop.

In the decades since that time, I have had a few beers (maybe 20). I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't do drugs. My Wife and my kids and my Grand Kids have never seen me inebriated. Never once.

There are studies that claim that pot is harmless and there are studies that say that it will harm you over time. I don't know. Here's what I DO, however, know.

20-30 years from now, when these folks (primarily young people) are developing COPD, Lung Cancer, etc etc etc. It will be too late. The "Government" will begin printing labels on Pot cans telling us that "pot causes cancer" and "Nursing Mothers shouldn't smoke Marijuana" and so on and so forth. The States that "legalized" pot in spite of federal law will face BILLIONS in law suits. Finally, there will be settlements with the makers and sellers of "weed" and the American taxpayer will get not one penny, just like tobacco.

And then, just like with tobacco, we will start telling ourselves that "it won't happen to me" and 40 years after that, we will finally do away with this bullshit.
All-around good post for your personal choices, considering all the sales influences out there in "don wrry be happah" land.

Back where reality bites, why raise a sub-specie of human beings in a high-tech world where you can't always get what you want if you cannot put correct language skills to good use due to being unable to spell. We need children to grow up who are (1) alert. (2) mentally capable (3) morally capable (4) caring (5) generous (6) empathetic (7) able to lead in their specialty (8) capable of following in the specialty of those who fulfill the standards of Kohlberg's theory's highest level, and the ability to know the difference to eschew moronic leadership.

We already have enough sub-specie humans in the world, which you have certainly seen by merely looking around you and seeing some of the graceless pursuits and speech engaged in by those who are incapable of making good judgments for tomorrow's society due to having made choices that would cause good leaders from every historic generation to roll over in their graves. They know not what they do. It's hard to love them, but we must. America was founded on dealing with the foibles of man to help him make a decent life for himself and his family. We allow the pursuit of happiness so long as it damages no one else. When it does, we use an imperfect justice system that oft misses the forest for the trees. That system is damaged by trying to make those responsible for administrative fiscal security into justices who override all other branches of government.

Knowing where the problem is can bring a solution if you stick to the Constitution. We're in trouble on account of the Fifth Estate's failure to do the right thing for the future generations of man. It doesn't discipline its members when they pull off the slick lie. We need disciplined men to kick butt on liars in journalism. How can we when the education system teaches them to cut corners on the facts and put pleasure above duty? Journalism needs a good spanking. The fall of mankind is in their hands, and they're hastening it. :evil:

Last edited:
Our society reminds me more of Brave New World by the day. Marijuana(soma), just another sedative, another distraction; one of the many types of bread and circuses for the masses while their birth right is stolen by corrupt elites.

please set forth all effects which would justify keeping pot illegal while you can walk into your local grocery store and buy a case of beer.

I just smoked some kush on 420 and was on my add brained for the whole afternoon and evening. A six pack of beer doesn't come close. I favor full legalization of all drugs. I believe in the principle of self ownership. I am not a hypocrite like the shitlibs here. But to say pot today is like a couple beers is laughable.

As with alcohol, pot smokers have to be responsible for how much they do. If you smoked too much, it was your responsibility.

Listen pops, first of all, you know jack-shit about California.... and Amsterdam for that matter. And where do you live? Out on a prairie in some trailer with nothing but your own farts to keep you company? Or is it in some white, homogenized suburb filled with hateful, religious droid-like Stepford wives.

There's your shithole.

Conservative idiots like you are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history. You use your confirmation bias to cloud the fact that the pros of legalizing weed FAR outweigh the cons. You grip so tightly to this irrational fear of pot, same sex marriage... basically anything new at all.... and you always lose in the end. So much wasted energy.

Project much?

I go to Amsterdam a lot, and I was just there this weekend for Kings Day, their national holiday. Amsterdam is one of the most beautiful, fun places in the world. The Dutch are wonderful people. You just post bullshit, why should we listen to a Nazi like you?

ban Alcohol and Cigarets and im with you.....until then Pot should be Decriminalized....and California's problems have very little if anything to do with the Pot Dispensaries...

please set forth all effects which would justify keeping pot illegal while you can walk into your local grocery store and buy a case of beer.

I just smoked some kush on 420 and was on my add brained for the whole afternoon and evening. A six pack of beer doesn't come close. I favor full legalization of all drugs. I believe in the principle of self ownership. I am not a hypocrite like the shitlibs here. But to say pot today is like a couple beers is laughable.

As with alcohol, pot smokers have to be responsible for how much they do. If you smoked too much, it was your responsibility.

and take full responsibility for what happens afterward....you wanna get in a car and drive....you are responsible if you fuck up....

There's your shithole.

Damn, you mad? :D

Last edited:

ban Alcohol and Cigarets and im with you.....until then Pot should be Decriminalized....and California's problems have very little if anything to do with the Pot Dispensaries...

So you want to "ban" certain products (that we know are dangerous) and NOT ban those that we are fairly certain are dangerous. Got it. Kalifornia's "problems" are a societal problem that they compound every day - good example? "medical" weed.

I'm still waiting for someone, ANYONE to address the possible legal implications of states working in direct violation of federal law and the possible consequences.....apparently, just ignore it a it will be all "good". Folks, it doesn't work that way.
I remember when the outcry first BEGAN over tobacco - way back in the dark ages of the middle 60s. People were pissed off that the "government" would try to ban cigarettes and put those stupid little "WARNING: labels on Marlboros. Fast forward to today. Most people don't smoke any longer. People began to understand that smoking was bad for you. Why would any person (with a modicum of intelligence) NOT believe that it is going to end that way for weed?

Last edited:
Yet another "unintended consequence"?

Drug Enforcement Agency officials raid VIP Cannabis, located at 2949 W. Alameda Ave., April 30, 2014. The marijuana dispensary was previously raided in November 2013. (Photo by RJ Sangosti/The Denver Post)

‹›
DEA Colorado raids
DEA agents on the scene at VIP Cannabis, located at 2949 W. Alameda Ave., April 30, 2014.
Apr 30:
One suspect in Colorado medical marijuana raids due in court
Apr 28:
Feds: Four men diverted Colombian cash to Colorado marijuana business
Apr 25:
Arrests made in Colorado medical pot probe, at least one indicted
Apr 16:
VIP Cannabis says it is no longer selling medical marijuana
Apr 15:
Colorado moves to shut down raided medical marijuana businesses
Mar 23:
Denver paid thousands to relocate pot plants in bridge project's footprint
Mar 20:
Colorado marijuana raid figure says indictment is unconstitutional
Drug Enforcement Administration officials on Wednesday raided a Denver marijuana dispensary that was previously raided in November 2013.

The raid occurred at VIP Cannabis, located at 2949 W. Alameda Ave., around 7 a.m.

U.S. Attorney's Office spokesman Jeff Dorschner confirmed that multiple federal agencies are engaged in an "enforcement action" as part of a long-term, ongoing investigation connected to the November raid targets and subsequent indictments.

The DEA, Diplomatic Security Service, U.S. Marshal's Service and Denver Police are carrying out the action, Dorschner said, but he would not comment further.

The raid comes on the same morning Hector Diaz, a suspect in the November raids, is due in federal court on money laundering charges.

Earlier this month, Gerardo Uribe, manager of VIP Cannabis, said the dispensary was no longer selling medical marijuana, putting it in compliance with a state order.

The raids last November, by agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Internal Revenue Service, hit more than a dozen medical-marijuana stores and grow facilities. They were the largest-ever federal sweep against the industry in Colorado, but the allegations that spurred them remained secret until the indictment was unsealed this week.

VIP Cannabis was the largest dispensary targeted in the November raids. VIP is operated by brothers Luis and Gerardo Uribe, who are among four men indicted by federal authorities. The accusations focus on international money transfers and the attempted purchase of a large warehouse in which the accused planned to grow marijuana.

Dorschner declined to identify whether multiple locations were part of the operation on Wednesday.

Video from a television news helicopter showed agents dressed in marked DEA clothing had worked to open two safes at the VIP Cannabis location. The store has a "closed for remodeling" sign in the front window.

A glass, side door leading into the business was smashed, and glass was scattered in the parking lot. Just inside the door sits a safe, alongside some gumball candy machines.

A U-Haul truck was backed up to the business during the raid. DEA agents loaded it with multiple boxes, and drove it away from the scene around 8:15 a.m. A worker arrived on scene around 8:30 a.m. to board up the broken door with plywood.

Denver police and fire were also on scene.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25666066/dea-raids-vip-cannabis-cuts-open-safes

Last edited:

So you want to "ban" certain products (that we know are dangerous) and NOT ban those that we are fairly certain are dangerous. Got it. Kalifornia's "problems" are a societal problem that they compound every day - good example? "medical" weed.

I'm still waiting for someone, ANYONE to address the possible legal implications of states working in direct violation of federal law and the possible consequences.....apparently, just ignore it a it will be all "good". Folks, it doesn't work that way.
I remember when the outcry first BEGAN over tobacco - way back in the dark ages of the middle 60s. People were pissed off that the "government" would try to ban cigarettes and put those stupid little "WARNING: labels on Marlboros. Fast forward to today. Most people don't smoke any longer. People began to understand that smoking was bad for you. Why would any person (with a modicum of intelligence) NOT believe that it is going to end that way for weed?

People are going to smoke tobacco and weed. The problems arise when you make it illeagal.

They just ignore the weed laws in Holland, and it works just fine. But that is the Dutch, who are a very impressive people.

Forum List

Back