Liberals, how do you feel about anti-pitbull legislation?

While you are on Google, search for "percent homicides by blacks".
We should fix all felons black or white. I agree. They shouldn't breed either.
No, no, no. You said "Get Rid of Pit Bulls". You want to entirely eliminate the whole breed based on statistics.

So by your same TardLogic[emoji769], we should "Get Rid of Blacks".

We didn't make blacks. We made the pitbull breed. I do see your point but I'm thinking we can educate and sophisticate blacks where pitbulls will always be wild beasts.

If you want to get breeders to make a less aggressive version of the pitbull GREAT! I only want to ban/do away with pitbulls because the pitbulls you guys want to keep around are the aggressive violent ones.

Do you want to fix the violent black problem we have in America? So do I. Do you want to solve the violent pitbull problem we have? So do I. What do you suggest?

Who is "you guys"? I don't want aggressive animals and pit bulls if raised correctly are not aggressive.

I've never heard of a couple Brittany Spaniels doing this:

Bronx pit bull attack leads to arrest - CNN.com

And they owner by dropping the leash gave an attack command. The dog has to be destroyed. So should the owner.

It's the owner, not the dog.

There's a pro-pit bull cult in this country that has circled the wagons and once inside the circle these people cannot be reasoned with.

Why do you say this? There are many people—liberal, conservative, and independent—that understand that pit bulls are not inherently vicious and aggressive animals. I think that you should try to learn more about pit bulls. Maybe I could see you buying a little pit bull puppy, and raise it with love. Pretty sure you'll come to realize otherwise if you follow through. The sad fact of the matter is that there're bad people who breed pit bulls for their physical strength... and then do things—cruel things—to make them aggressive.

Regulations and laws are written because someone, somewhere, has screwed someone over. Unfortunately, a breed of dog has to suffer because of the ignorance and greed of some humans.

Dogs are a reflection of their owners. A well-trained and well-treated pit bull will no more attack than any other breed bred to fight but also kept as pets.

Some pit-bull owners are far more dangerous.
That applies to all breeds

But it is the inadequate owners of pit bulls that leads to someone being maimed or killed

Not everyone can be a first rate dog trainer and the margin for error with pit bulls is very small

What a sweetie pie...
1e498f4bb5069b00d92f977dc8187f55.jpg

It's terrifying, destroy it! I just looks menacing!

No, no, no. You said "Get Rid of Pit Bulls". You want to entirely eliminate the whole breed based on statistics.

We didn't make blacks. We made the pitbull breed. I do see your point but I'm thinking we can educate and sophisticate blacks where pitbulls will always be wild beasts.

If you want to get breeders to make a less aggressive version of the pitbull GREAT! I only want to ban/do away with pitbulls because the pitbulls you guys want to keep around are the aggressive violent ones.

Do you want to fix the violent black problem we have in America? So do I. Do you want to solve the violent pitbull problem we have? So do I. What do you suggest?

Who is "you guys"? I don't want aggressive animals and pit bulls if raised correctly are not aggressive.

I've never heard of a couple Brittany Spaniels doing this:

Bronx pit bull attack leads to arrest - CNN.com

Bad owner.

What agitates me is the sheer number of people, groups and Web sites that defend Pit Bulls from those who would criticize and legislate against them.

I will now go to another screen and Google “pit bull attacks.” Limiting myself to the last five days—a full week would bring too many hits—I see that a 65-year-old woman died of heart failure during a Pit Bull attack in South Carolina, that two Pit Bulls “invaded a home” and killed a dog in Colorado, that a Pit Bull “chewed up” a Yorkie in Missouri, a golden retriever was severely injured by a Pit Bull in Indiana, and that two Indianapolis police officers were bitten by Pit Bulls on successive days.

Statistics show that Pit Bulls are by far the most dangerous breed of dogs, involved in several attacks on people and animals in the U.S. each day.

Get Rid of Pit Bulls

I was walking with my mom around her subdivision and saw a dog owner walking his two dogs. Then I saw about 20 other neighbors with dogs. I'm glad none of them were pitbulls. Then I thought, " would I like it if they were all pitbulls? And the answer was no.

There's a pro-pit bull cult in this country that has circled the wagons and once inside the circle these people cannot be reasoned with.
I love beagles but if it turned out they were a problem then what's the big deal if we stopped producing them?

$100k if your pitbull bites someone. And make pitbulls a rare expensive breed. $20k for a pure bred pitbull. See who wants one then?

When extremists meet moderates the moderates are usually right.

Of course a great dog owner can raise a good pitbull. Question is, do we require people be great dog owners? Then the typical dirtbag who owns a pitbull usually has nothing for you to sue them for.

That's why dog owners should have to carry insurance.

People should only be allowed to breed once all the pound dogs are rescued.

I love beagles but if it turned out they were a problem then what's the big deal if we stopped producing them?

$100k if your pitbull bites someone. And make pitbulls a rare expensive breed. $20k for a pure bred pitbull. See who wants one then?

When extremists meet moderates the moderates are usually right.

Of course a great dog owner can raise a good pitbull. Question is, do we require people be great dog owners? Then the typical dirtbag who owns a pitbull usually has nothing for you to sue them for.

That's why dog owners should have to carry insurance.

People should only be allowed to breed once all the pound dogs are rescued.
The government does not have to act

Insurance companies already ask what type of dog you have. When it becomes too expensive to insure one, people will stop buying them

Do you even hear yourself? How exactly do you plan to make any of that happen? You want the government to start legislatively setting prices? Should they levy a $19800 tax on pit bull puppies? You're a lunatic.

Do you even hear yourself? How exactly do you plan to make any of that happen? You want the government to start legislatively setting prices? Should they levy a $19800 tax on pit bull puppies? You're a lunatic.
Or just ban them. Are pitbulls protected under the 2nd amendment? I doubt you'd put up much of a fight if we passed a law you have to spade or neuter your pitbull.

I'm sure pitbulls would continue to live in other countries. Just not here.

Dogs behave as well as they're treated. It isn't the pit bull, it's the abusive, moronic owner. A responsible pit bull owner would gladly carry an insurance policy protecting him and his property because a responsible pit bull owner should not fear an out of line animal. Irresponsible pit bull owners may not qualify for insurance coverage, but it is certainly warranted.
The unfortunate truth is, pitbulls, and dogs of such persuasion, have been specifically bred for certain characteristics for (dog) generations. While individuals may be put forth a representative for how loving and wonderful the breed may be, most are driven by instinct and the owners either foster that instinct or are ignorant as to how to mitigate it.

It is not the breed. It is the people who own the breed.

Blaming the breed is like blaming guns for killing people.

Pitbulls are great dogs generally.
Not true. Dogs have been bred for specific traits for a long time. Pits are aggressive for a reason. I own a dog that has been bred as a guardian for generations. She's good at her job. People who acquire and keep pits do so for a reason.

Actually, that is exactly what happened. And it has happened with other breeds as well.

Dalmatians
Chihuahuas
Shar Peis

All were fairly stable breeds until they caught the attention of the consumer. Back yard breeders sprang up, all looking for a quick buck off the back of what the dogs do naturally. The result of their popularity is the breeds are ruined and many breeds can't even reproduce without human intervention.

Think back to when Shar Peis first came to the US. They were selling for thousands of dollars. Now, they're a dime a dozen and completely ruined.

Think about the horror stories we're hearing about zoos killing their animals or selling them to be tortured in canned hunts. Animals who breed easily in captivity simply are not worth as much as those that do not. Supply v. demand.

I agree that it's more the owners than the dogs. I know 3 people who have pitbulls and the dogs are totally lovable. On the other hand, I know 2 people who have been bitten by beagles. Go figure. And I've known Chows to be temperamental.

Let me hear some ideas from someone on your side. What would you do to lower the number of pitbull attacks.

Dogs behave as well as they're treated. It isn't the pit bull, it's the abusive, moronic owner. A responsible pit bull owner would gladly carry an insurance policy protecting him and his property because a responsible pit bull owner should not fear an out of line animal. Irresponsible pit bull owners may not qualify for insurance coverage, but it is certainly warranted.
The unfortunate truth is, pitbulls, and dogs of such persuasion, have been specifically bred for certain characteristics for (dog) generations. While individuals may be put forth a representative for how loving and wonderful the breed may be, most are driven by instinct and the owners either foster that instinct or are ignorant as to how to mitigate it.

Exactly true.

The pit bull that existed at the turn of the 20th century was a true family dog, trustworthy around children and other dogs. They are now bred to be dog-aggressive and they can't be trusted around children.

I hate BSL but the breed that exists now is not the breed we should should have protected a long time ago. If the modern day pit disappeared, it would not be missed.

I love dogs but wouldn't even consider having a dog I could not trust around my grand kids. Having said that, there is really no dog that I do trust enough to leave them alone with small kids.

I agree that it's more the owners than the dogs. I know 3 people who have pitbulls and the dogs are totally lovable. On the other hand, I know 2 people who have been bitten by beagles. Go figure. And I've known Chows to be temperamental.
Well I don't want to stay with the status quo where any jackass can own a pit and we just punish the bad owners after their dogs hurt someone. What's the solution?

Shall we kill the pitbulls? They're vicious hate machines. I mean, look at this one, he's coming for you right now.

b2c9ebd1ad8a2ff89dd88f46521aa1d4.jpg

[Oh my god, he's so fucking cute!]

So please explain how you feel about this. Why is it okay for the government to kill the puppies?

why are you asking "liberals"? most of us like animals.

pits can be very lovable. i think people who make them fight should be outlawed.

Forum List

Back