🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Limbaugh's weaker than water "apology"

The key to Rush's apology is do we look at him as saying "it was the wrong thing to say and I won't do it again" or " I am sorry the reaction was so hard against me"????

By her behavior Fluke proved the absolute truth of what he said. She wants birth control coverage to the tune of $1,000 a year. As has been ABUNDANTLY made clear, to use that much BC, she has to be having sex so often that it's a wonder how she is getting through school. But that's a matter between the school and the professors.

Are you honestly too stupid to understand that the amount of birth control pills a woman uses has no relationship whatsoever to the frequency of intercourse she has.

ARE YOU HONESTLY THAT STUPID, or are you simply padding your reputation as a USMB troll?

Can't you just admit that the cost of birth control pills doesn't come close to the money she claims she requires to support her sex addiction? Are you deliberately stupid, or just trying to obfuscate just this one time. If all she needs are birth control pills, that doesn't come CLOSE to the $1,000 she claims she needs? No one wants to deny her birth control and disease control for this woman is a public health matter (which is why so many clinics give out free condoms) she just has to either pay for it, or extend herself far enough to get it free like the street whores do.
I don't know how much they cost. I don't take them. She may have been on the high end, but then I read this:
In reality, oral contraceptives or “The Pill” range between $35 and $250 for the initial provider visit and the cost of a monthly supply of pills ranges between $15 and $50 a month, which amounts to between $180 and $600 a year depending on woman’s medical coverage.

This means some women without insurance coverage for contraception may pay over $850 the first year of their prescription. Other forms of birth control are far more expensive. For instance, the cost for a monthly supply of birth control patches ranges from $15 to $80 dollars, or between $180 and $960 a year. Combined with the doctors visit, uninsured women could spend over $1,200 dollars in the first year.
LINK

I do think she said up to. For some, I've no doubt it cost that much. For others, less. Nonetheless, a prescription should be something that should be covered in the policy for which she contributes premiums.

That still doesn't paper over the fact, katzdoggie - you think birth control pills are like rubbers, apparently - I guess in your mind, you take one every time you have sex. Which is freakin hilarious.

Re: His half-assed apology:

Here’s that section of Limbaugh’s statement:
I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone’s bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a presidential level.​
“In ‘apology,’ Rush compares birth control & women’s health to govt buying sneakers for workouts. Insulting?” tweeted Paul Begala, an adviser to the super PAC supporting President Obama. “Read Rush’s full statement. You tell me if it is contrition or continued derision toward women,” he also wrote.
Limbaugh Apology Not Enough, Say Democrats | TPM2012

Are you honestly too stupid to understand that the amount of birth control pills a woman uses has no relationship whatsoever to the frequency of intercourse she has.

ARE YOU HONESTLY THAT STUPID, or are you simply padding your reputation as a USMB troll?

Can't you just admit that the cost of birth control pills doesn't come close to the money she claims she requires to support her sex addiction? Are you deliberately stupid, or just trying to obfuscate just this one time. If all she needs are birth control pills, that doesn't come CLOSE to the $1,000 she claims she needs? No one wants to deny her birth control and disease control for this woman is a public health matter (which is why so many clinics give out free condoms) she just has to either pay for it, or extend herself far enough to get it free like the street whores do.
I don't know how much they cost. I don't take them. She may have been on the high end, but then I read this:
In reality, oral contraceptives or “The Pill” range between $35 and $250 for the initial provider visit and the cost of a monthly supply of pills ranges between $15 and $50 a month, which amounts to between $180 and $600 a year depending on woman’s medical coverage.

This means some women without insurance coverage for contraception may pay over $850 the first year of their prescription. Other forms of birth control are far more expensive. For instance, the cost for a monthly supply of birth control patches ranges from $15 to $80 dollars, or between $180 and $960 a year. Combined with the doctors visit, uninsured women could spend over $1,200 dollars in the first year.
LINK

I do think she said up to. For some, I've no doubt it cost that much. For others, less. Nonetheless, a prescription should be something that should be covered in the policy for which she contributes premiums.

She did say 'up to', and she also made no specific reference to either here own sex life or her own use of contraception,

so all the slurs were manufactured out of thin air.

LINK

She did say 'up to', and she also made no specific reference to either here own sex life or her own use of contraception,

You can just tell those who didn't listen to her testimony for themselves. It's pretty revealing how many only go by what their right wing pundits tell them.

LINK

You can just tell those who didn't listen to her testimony for themselves. It's pretty revealing how many only go by what their right wing pundits tell them.

Years ago, Rush Limbaugh used to end his Friday show by saying to his dittoheads,

don't bother to watch the news over the weekend, on Monday I'll tell you what the news was,

and what it means...

Why should Rush apologize for calling the 30-year old "college student" a slut? He's a private citizen and entitled to his opinions/views and is worth hundreds of millions. The "college student" is out fucking everything on campus.

So, your point is that, rather than presenting herself as a slut, she is presenting herself as the 'Voice of the Sluts"?

Is that the correction you would like?

Only if you consider women who have healthy sexual relationships to be "sluts".

What I find amusing is that the economic system that Republicans support (which is most of us slaving away at thankless jobs so a few rich douchebags like Romney and Limbaugh can have polo ponies and mansions) actually requires contraception.

Women are expected to use contraception in college, so they can get their degrees, and they are expected to use contraception while working their way up through Cubicle Hell. And maybe, if they are really lucky, they might be just secure enough in their jobs to take some time off to have a baby. Maybe. They often wait until the biological clock is about to run out.

I have to agree with California Girl, it sounds like her greater priority is NOT in her college degree and career.

As far as enslavement. An system that allows dependency on government to provide for your needs is the TRUE definition of enslavement. Look at all those on welfare who depend upon government, who wander the streets while not taking advantage of a free public school system, who are provided no incentive to get off of government dependency but are encouraged through a system that provides more government funding based upon how many kids you conceive, don't pay any taxes, and are not productive members of society able to achieve their own role of personal responsibility through earning their OWN income from a job.

Also, you have the freedom to choose a career that pays more, or attain further EDUCATION (wow imagine that) that allows you to attain a successful career that allows you to EARN that bigger income. All it takes is a little drive, initiative, and the willingness to take some personal risk OVER simply whining over the achievements of someone else. You earn the income you want to achieve, based upon how much work you want to put into it for the salary you desire. I have often felt, as each generation enters the job market, there are fewer people that have the hard enduring work ethic of generations before them. Yes I'm saying that the workers of today are more involved with "comforts" over personal drive and initiative. Where there are "comforts" there is this belief of personal "entitlements", as if we don't need to go through the risks, the need for further education, learning while growing from your mistakes, and the personal investments that the most successful often take. Entitlements are shortcuts without the need to take any personal responsibility for the choices you make. It's the more responsible individuals [the evil rich or business corporations that EARN a profit] that must pay for them.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Why should Rush apologize for calling the 30-year old "college student" a slut? He's a private citizen and entitled to his opinions/views and is worth hundreds of millions.

Point out the government arresting him and putting him in prison for what he said.

The "college student" is out fucking everything on campus.

Ah, the board's preeminent "christian" speaks up.

Why should Rush apologize for calling the 30-year old "college student" a slut? He's a private citizen and entitled to his opinions/views and is worth hundreds of millions.

Point out the government arresting him and putting him in prison for what he said.

Speaking of fucking everything on campus.....

Speaking of fucking everything on campus.....

You don't have to introduce yourself like that.

Oh....no. Wait. There isn't a chance of THAT happening, is there. :lol::lol::lol:

She never references her personal sex life.

Her whole speech was about her sex life. Do you know what birth control is, my dear?

Truely? Well then, it will be easy for you to link such a conversation.

I always like the liberal...no it's not....no it isn't.... You have playground 101 down pat.

What's funny though, funny meaning stupid, is how liberals always ascribe to anyone else that what they are saying is about themselves. Then when a liberal says something, they are selflessly speaking out for all of mankind. Nothing you ever do is for yourselves, no matter how much it serves your selfish interests.

So I'll pass on the word parsing game you want to play.

OMG..this thread gets more hilarious by the day..

You can always tell around here when the Right is getting its ass kicked on an issue when Stephanie's only contribution is to come in and try to trivialize it.

You're an excellent weather vane, although I'd rather not imagine the sight of you bolted to a barn roof.

wooooo, you all kicking ass...this thread and you on the left should be trivialized..
this whole thing is petty, and I remember when it was posted what Letterman and Maher said about Palin, you all came back with, they are COMEDIANS and some even said they were right..and again if I remember right, YOU called Michelle Malkin a cxxt not too long ago

so I take your alls FAUX outrage and am reading this and laughing my ass off,.

Forum List

Back