Liz Cheney throws her gay sister under the bus. Then drives the bus over her.

it appears that it was Heather Poe (Mary Cheney's 'wife') who threw Liz Cheney under the bus for having her own opinion....tolerance does not necessarily translate to condoning gay marriage....

...damn troublemaking 'in-laws'......:rolleyes:

the Cheney parents weigh in...
Dick and Lynne Cheney said in the statement that Liz Cheney has always been respectful while also opposing gay marriage. Without naming Poe, they suggest she might be drawing too many conclusions about Liz Cheney's political positions based on her cordiality toward her and Mary Cheney.

"She has also always treated her sister and her sister's family with love and respect, exactly as she should have done," the Cheneys said. "Compassion is called for, even when there is disagreement about such a fundamental matter, and Liz's many kindnesses shouldn't be used to distort her position."

The Cheneys said Liz's position has never been in doubt, but they are sorry for the spectacle it has caused.

Cheney parents defend Liz Cheney in gay marriage feud with sister

notice jakey and the other liberals can't explain how mary was sacrificed....even though jake lied and claimed it was explained

I seriously doubt it, it was not and has not been a secret since, say, John Edwards outted Mary Cheney dunning a national debate:eusa_whistle:

:lol: She was an out gay women long before that. But I remember RWrs considering it to be something horrible.

She was an out there lesbian long before Edwards' stupidity. Where is Trajan getting his information?

she may have been out to her friends, but not in the national spotlight. kerry used her homosexuality for political gain....that is throwing someone under the bus.

but you and your fellow libs won't agree because you have double standards.

really, then how do you know she's burnt all these bridges?
crystal ball? maybe you shouldn't post things where they look like you're getting a thrill over it

Apparently you haven't read this "hateful thread" you can't stay away from. Read the statement from her sister and statements from Enzy.

so you are getting a thrill over it
too funny and I hope she wins
anyway off to make dinner
and this thread is hateful...to use someone's family and make up some title like she threw her sister under the bus because of her politics...but you don't mind so carry on

Sure putting a lot of effort into a thread you said "who cares" over. :eusa_whistle:

Amazing the panty-bunching going on by the Rightwing posters over this.

Gay marriage splits Cheney sisters | TheHill

"Liz has been a guest in our home, has spent time and shared holidays with our children, and when Mary and I got married in 2012 — she didn't hesitate to tell us how happy she was for us. To have her now say she doesn't support our right to marry is offensive to say the least."

Way to go Liz. Throwing your sister under the bus. Telling the world she isn't as "good" as you are. I would love to be a fly on the wall at your next family Thanksgiving Dinner. Will she be regulated to the "kids" table?
Is this Peyton Place? Who gives a shit?

Ah...you and Stephanie both...posting about how little you care about this topic. :lol:

"Liz has been a guest in our home, has spent time and shared holidays with our children, and when Mary and I got married in 2012 — she didn't hesitate to tell us how happy she was for us. To have her now say she doesn't support our right to marry is offensive to say the least."

Way to go Liz. Throwing your sister under the bus. Telling the world she isn't as "good" as you are. I would love to be a fly on the wall at your next family Thanksgiving Dinner. Will she be regulated to the "kids" table?

This is a family matter and none of your business.

Nor is it the business of the press.

Last edited:

Liz disagrees with you.

the problem with your thinking is: let's say you have a sister that has a relationship with another one of your sisters, both are of age...do you believe that saying you don't support your sisters right to get married is throwing them under the bus?

of course not. the public part has nothing to do with it, she is running for public office and you want her to keep quiet because you don't agree with her opinion.

when obama said the SAME thing in 08', not a single liberal who now claims liz has thrown her sister under the bus, claimed obama threw gays or anyone under the bus.

pathetic two faced hypocrites the lot of you

Yurt gets in with the Incest comparison first! :clap:

i wasn't comparing morality or right, rather, the legal status of the relationships. at one time both were illegal. and some believe that both should still be illegal.

you know i support gay marriage so stop being so fucking stupid and actually read what i said and respond to it instead of being a knee jerk liberal.

:eusa_whistle:

Precisely and in the closet it should remain. My initial point.

Yurt gets in with the Incest comparison first! :clap:

i wasn't comparing morality or right, rather, the legal status of the relationships. at one time both were illegal. and some believe that both should still be illegal.

you know i support gay marriage so stop being so fucking stupid and actually read what i said and respond to it instead of being a knee jerk liberal.

:eusa_whistle:
Gosh? By this one would think GAY was a race....:eusa_whistle: And isn't it what they're trying to do?

Amazing the panty-bunching going on by the Rightwing posters over this.

um.....who started the thread with absurd rhetoric?

LOL
ODD it is...

rdean starts flipping out and leads his fellow libs like starkey on the "throw under the bus" outrage....and when people respond, bodey thinks they are getting their panties in a bunch.

talk about blinders

it is a legal relationship, why should it remain in the closet? should your views about gay marriage remain in the closet?

it is a legal relationship, why should it remain in the closet? should your views about gay marriage remain in the closet?
And that's fine. I mean the Sexual aspect of it, and the forced acceptance as well.

um.....who started the thread with absurd rhetoric?

LOL
ODD it is...

rdean starts flipping out and leads his fellow libs like starkey on the "throw under the bus" outrage....and when people respond, bodey thinks they are getting their panties in a bunch.

talk about blinders
One track minds as if there is nothing else going on in the world. More IMPORTANT things...like those that mean to destroy this Republic...and THEM...(the creator of this idiotic thread included).

Nothing compared to what John Kerry did to her.

Forum List

Back