Lodestar = Covfefe

rightwinger If an anonymous editorial appeared about Obama appeared in say The Wash Examiner -- written by a Bush hold-over citing anonymous issues and other anonymous and unspecified actions in the White House and projected a sense of Obama not being capable of doing the job and representing a threat to the stability of the county -----

What would you have said about it?

The answer to that obviously depends...would the anonymous op-ed be consistent with all of the reporting since day one of his presidency and every account by every person who has been in the white house and then left?

Pence looks loving at Trump. That's apparently his job. He's not about to be part of coup. Sorry to wreck your dreams
You didn't wreck my dreams. You stated your opinion, and it is the opinion of a trump cultist, worth less than squat.
The lodestar thing was just a term of endearment for McCain that the "dead meat walking" used in this alleged "op ed"
Again, thank you for your opinion. Personally, I could easily see Pence writing this, as we all know it is precisely what he thinks .

Thats not OPINION. I gave you the quote in the link. It's an english word of graceful stability -- like this perp thinks John McCain was. Several other articles on this as well.

You got this theory from Jimmy Kimmel right? Case closed.

Thats not OPINION. I gave you the quote in the link. It's an english word of graceful stability -- like this perp thinks John McCain was. Several other articles on this as well.

You got this theory from Jimmy Kimmel right? Case closed.
Wrong. "Hes not about to be part of a coup" is, indeed, your assertion and your opinion.

I got this theory from myself. I am not regurgitating the thoughts of political strategists, as you are. And I don't believe with any certainty that Pence wrote it. Contrast that to your breathless, absolute assertions...all predictable...so let's try to remember which of us is actually thinking critically for himself. That's me.

"in say The Wash Examiner"

:laugh: ^

REPUTATION is more than just some internet game for insecure twits :thup:

Thats not OPINION. I
Wrong. "Hes not about to be part of a coup" is, indeed, your assertion and your opinion.

I got this theory from myself. I am not regurgitating the thoughts of political strategists, as you are. And I don't believe without any certainty that pence wrote it. Contrast that to your breath, absolute assertions...all predictable...so let's try to remember which of us is actually thinking critically for ourselves. That's me.

It was Kimmel that pointed out Pence's use of the word. If that's what you're goin on -- happy sailing Captain.

Why would a VP turn on the President anonymously like that ?

A better question is why would Pence leave such an obvious bread crumb?
Well, he may not have thought it to be that obvious.

True, true. It's such a common word he probably thought that everyone in the Administration has been known to use it on a regular basis.
Which could have been oversight on his part. Thinking someone did research on pence and found he used that word 4 times in the past, then dropping it, is as big a leap. If not bigger.

The answer to that obviously depends...would the anonymous op-ed be consistent with all of the reporting since day one of his presidency and every account by every person who has been in the white house and then left?

In other words YOU -- would have rejected my theoretical "anonymous op ed" because of your conviction to the President regardless of his "shaky starts". Of course you would have rejected it.

Goin with my reliable theory that Repubs are spineless and aren't real good at playing hardball politics, I'm goin with the theory this is yet ANOTHER set-up to bait the President into paranoia about all the folks in the "resistance". And to "build a wall" between him and Pence. To make it easier for you resistance clowns to believe that Trump would JETTISON Pence on suspicion should he run and win re-election in 2020.

Making it MORE attractive to continue your impeachment efforts WITHOUT staring down that dark hallway of getting tthe most Conservative guy in Washington in the Oval Office if you somehow by some miracle succeeded in doing that.

It's all juvenile fantasy. And mental masturbation with an accordion playing.

In other words YOU -- would have rejected my theoretical "anonymous op ed" because of your conviction to the President regardless of his "shaky starts". Of course you would have rejected it.

Goin with my reliable theory that Repubs are spineless and aren't real good at playing hardball politics, I'm goin with the theory this is yet ANOTHER set-up to bait the President into paranoia about all the folks in the "resistance". And to "build a wall" between him and Pence. To make it easier for you resistance clowns to believe that Trump would JETTISON Pence on suspicion should he run and win re-election in 2020.

Making it MORE attractive to continue your impeachment efforts WITHOUT staring down that dark hallway of getting tthe most Conservative guy in Washington in the Oval Office if you somehow by some miracle succeeded in doing that.

It's all juvenile fantasy. And mental masturbation with an accordion playing.
First off, I never said anything you are saying is not possible. Also, I don't have to make that argument against your assertions, which are made with 100% certainty. You, either accidentally or intentionally, made a logical error, there.

Do I find your idea feasible? Barely. The New York Times staked their rep on it. I know that means nothing to a Trump cultist, but it does mean something to everyone else.

Why would a VP turn on the President anonymously like that ?

Maybe because he sees impeachment as inevitable

Pence needs to lay an evidence trail that distances himself from the Trump administration

When the time comes, and he assumes the presidency, he will be able to pull out the tapes and show he was not complicit in the disgraced administration

Nothing could be further from the truth,” Pence responded. :eusa_hand:

:eusa_liar:

Is Mike Pence wrapped up in the Russia scandal — or a gullible rube?

:eusa_whistle:

Pence was asked by Fox News to respond to suggestions “that your campaign is in cahoots with WikiLeaks.”

“Nothing could be further from the truth,” Pence responded.

Donald Trump Jr. Had Direct Contact With WikiLeaks During Campaign

The New York Times op-ed and the 13 people who might be the author

the only hint we have comes from this tweet of the op-ed, from The New York Times social team: "In an anonymous Op-Ed, a senior Trump administration official says he and others are working to frustrate the president's 'misguided impulses.'"

Later, a spokeswoman for the Times said that the tweet was a mistake. "The tweet was drafted by someone who is not aware of the author's identity, including the gender, so the use of 'he' was an error," Danielle Rhoades Ha said.

What we know: The guessing game of who wrote the op-ed will dominate official Washington circles for the foreseeable future. And everyone who fits the description of a "senior Trump administration official" will have to answer as to whether it was them.
Another thing we know: Trump is pissed. "TREASON?" he tweeted on Wednesday night.

Below, 13 people who might be the author of the op-ed, based on what we know about the various factions, likes, dislikes, motivations and ambitions within the Trump administration. These are in no particular order.

Don McGahn
We know the White House counsel is a short-timer -- planning to leave in the fall. We also know that McGahn has clashed with Trump repeatedly in the past -- refusing Trump's order to fire special counsel Robert Mueller. And McGahn has already shown a willingness to look out for the broader public good, sitting down for more than 30 hours with special counsel Robert Mueller's team to aid their investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Dan Coats
The Director of National Intelligence is very much a part of the long-term Washington establishment, having spent not one but two stints in the nation's capital as a senator from Indiana. Coats has also shown a tendency to veer from the Trump songbook. Informed of Trump's plans to invite Russian president Vladimir Putin for a summit in the United States this fall, Coats said "That is going to be special" -- a line that drew the ire of the President.

Kellyanne Conway
Conway, a White House counselor, is someone who has survived for a very long time in the political game. And not by being dumb or not understanding which way the wind blows. Plus, there is the X-factor of her husband -- George -- whose Twitter feed regularly trolls Trump.

John Kelly
The chief of staff has clashed repeatedly with the President and seems to be on borrowed time. Kelly sees his time in the job as serving his country in the only way left to him. Might he view exposing Trump in this way as a last way to be of service?

Kirstjen Nielsen
The head of the Department of Homeland Security is a close ally of Kelly, who we know has a very fraught relationship with Trump. And she has reasons of her own: Trump scolded her in a Cabinet meeting over the number of undocumented immigrants entering the country. Nielsen reportedly drafted a resignation letter but backed away.

Jeff Sessions
Sessions sticks out as a possibility for a simple reason: He's got motive. No one has been more publicly maligned by Trump than his attorney general. Trump has repeatedly urged Sessions to use the Justice Department for his own pet political concerns. And this week, Sessions found out that Trump has referred to him as "mentally retarded" and mocked his southern accent, according to a new book by Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward. Sessions is also someone who spent two decades in the Senate prior to being named attorney general by Trump after the 2016 election.

James Mattis
The defense secretary has been Trump's favorite Cabinet member. But the quotes attributed to Mattis in Woodward's book are VERY rough on Trump, though Mattis quickly denied that he ever said them. And if anyone has less to lose than Mattis -- he is a decorated military man serving his country again -- it's hard to figure out who that would be. Plus, Mattis is an ally of John Kelly (see above) and Rex Tillerson, the former secretary of state that Trump ran out on a rail.

Fiona Hill
Hill, a Russian expert who joined the Trump administration from the Brookings Institution, a DC think tank, might have reason to so publicly clash with Trump. She is far more skeptical about Russia's motives than Trump -- and was notably left out when Trump and Putin huddled on the sides of the G20 meeting in Germany in 2017. She was a close adviser to national security adviser H.R. McMaster, who was removed from the White House. And, she was also reportedly mistaken for a clerk by Trump in one of her earliest meetings with him on Russia.

Mike Pence
The vice president is all smiles, nods and quiet, deferential loyalty in public. Which of course means that he has the perfect cover to write something like this in The New York Times. Pence is also ambitious -- and there's no question he wants to be president. But would taking such a risk as writing this scathing op-ed be a better path to the White House than just waiting Trump out?
Pence's deputy chief of staff and communications director Jarrod Agen denied Thursday that Pence or anyone from their office authored the op-ed.

The Vice President puts his name on his Op-Eds. The @nytimes should be ashamed and so should the person who wrote the false, illogical, and gutless op-ed. Our office is above such amateur acts.

— Jarrod Agen (@VPComDir) September 6, 2018

Nikki Haley
The United Nations ambassador is, like Pence, one of Trump's favorites. She is also, however, someone deeply engaged on the world stage and a voice of concern when it comes to how the President views Russia and Putin. Haley, again like Pence, is ambitious and has her eye on national office. Would this service that goal?

Javanka
The combination of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump -- Javanka! -- writing this op-ed would be right out of a soap opera. But that is sort of a perfect way to describe the Trump administration, right? Ivanka Trump said she would work to make her voice heard to her father, but there's little evidence he's listened much to her or her husband. Might this be a bit of revenge?

Melania Trump
To be clear, I don't think the first lady did this. But her willingness to send messages when she is unhappy with her husband or his administration is unmistakable. ("I really don't care. Do U?") And, if you believe this administration and Trump are governed by reality shows rules, then Melania writing the op-ed is the most reality TV thing EVER.

The New York Times op-ed and the 13 people who might be the author

It’s not Pence If it was , every other sentence would have the N-word in it.

“It is not mine,” said Mr. Pompeo.

:eusa_think:

messages between Trump Jr. and WikiLeaks were among thousands of documents turned over to Congress as part of its ongoing investigation into claims that Russia interfered in the November election — a finding backed unanimously by U.S. intelligence agencies, which have said that the Kremlin aimed to aid Donald Trump's campaign.

CIA Director Pompeo Denounces WikiLeaks As 'Hostile Intelligence Service'

Donald Trump Jr. Had Direct Contact With WikiLeaks During Campaign

Forum List

Back