Lodestar = Covfefe

So, who is the new Deep Throat?

In The NY Times Oped trashing Trump, The word “Lodestar” appears

I have never used the word. A search of USMB shows no use before yesterday. No other Trump aid uses the word other than VP Mike Pence who has used it multiple times in the past.

I guess it could be but it seems to obvious.

Political theater isn't sophisticated.

Why would a VP turn on the President anonymously like that ?

A better question is why would Pence leave such an obvious bread crumb?
Well, he may not have thought it to be that obvious.

True, true. It's such a common word he probably thought that everyone in the Administration has been known to use it on a regular basis.
Which could have been oversight on his part. Thinking someone did research on pence and found he used that word 4 times in the past, then dropping it, is as big a leap. If not bigger.

I don't think any research would have been needed. He's generated public discussion over the word before. But more broadly, this isn't exactly a common word. It's metaphoric usage would be extremely rare, and anyone in the habit of using it would be aware of that. Axios reported a few months ago that anonymous West Wing sources were in the habit of disguising their language patterns by mimicking those of other people in the administration. The idea that the Pence would do something so reckless as to write an anonymous op-ed slamming the President is pretty far fetched. To be all the more reckless as to use rare language that he's well known to otherwise use is pretty much impossible to believe. I find makes much more sense that someone was deliberately trying to throw a red herring.

Why would a VP turn on the President anonymously like that ?

A better question is why would Pence leave such an obvious bread crumb?
Well, he may not have thought it to be that obvious.

True, true. It's such a common word he probably thought that everyone in the Administration has been known to use it on a regular basis.
Which could have been oversight on his part. Thinking someone did research on pence and found he used that word 4 times in the past, then dropping it, is as big a leap. If not bigger.

I don't think any research would have been needed. He's generated public discussion over the word before. But more broadly, this isn't exactly a common word. It's metaphoric usage would be extremely rare, and anyone in the habit of using it would be aware of that. Axios reported a few months ago that anonymous West Wing sources were in the habit of disguising their language patterns by mimicking those of other people in the administration. The idea that the Pence would do something so reckless as to write an anonymous op-ed slamming the President is pretty far fetched. To be all the more reckless as to use rare language that he's well known to otherwise use is pretty much impossible to believe. I find makes much more sense that someone was deliberately trying to throw a red herring.
And it has also been reported that Pence sees trump for what he is, has Presidential aspirations, and is already shoring up the support necessary for him to run in 2020, if necessary.

i had a lightbulb moment this morning and now i think it was most likely kellyanne :laugh:

I have never used the word. A search of USMB shows no use before yesterday. No other Trump aid uses the word other than VP Mike Pence who has used it multiple times in the past.
My money is on Kelly Anne Conway.

My money is on Kelly Anne Conway.

Mines on Pence’s chief of staff, Ayers.

The NYT knows who it is. They would not allow an imposter. They would have verified the author's bona fides.

Forum List

Back