Look the left lying about what the republicans are doing.

The power structure has never been able to really handle dissent, despite all the endless blathering on about liberty and the right to do so.

Republican Legislators Propose a Series of Bills That Would Criminalize Peaceful Protests

This piece out right lies about the intent and purpose of laws being proposed. It lies about the reason for the laws and the reason that people are upset about actions taken by protestors. It is NOT peaceful protest when the protestors break the law.
Almost as soon as the nation was formed the Federalists passed a law that a citizen could not speak badly about the president or politicians. It was the end of the Federalist party.

The power structure has never been able to really handle dissent, despite all the endless blathering on about liberty and the right to do so.
Blocking highways, riots, looting etc. aren't protests. They are criminal acts. Now, go whine and lie someplace else.

:eek-52: Wait, what? 'marieclaire?' For fuck's sake, of course it's Fake News. 'marieclaire!?' Oh boy.

Blocking highways, riots, looting etc. aren't protests. They are criminal acts. Now, go whine and lie someplace else.

My guess is you're gonna see more of it shoog.
Keep it up. It worked so well for you in the last election.

Oh, you still believe in elections, that's cute.

Your butthurt is quite evident, as is your lack of power. Just keep playing the same game that got you kicked to the curb - the results were great for Pupps.

Your butthurt is quite evident, as is your lack of power. Just keep playing the same game that got you kicked to the curb - the results were great for Pupps.

I'm just enjoying the show mutt. Looks to me like Don has some public to win over as of yet. Reality tv at it's best.

Wow, I thought blocking highways, riots, looting, etc were already illegal. Umm, how does that go--oh yeah, why don't we enforce the laws we do have. Why do we need additional laws?

someone does, there is a President Trump today, right?

I'm just enjoying the show mutt. Looks to me like Don has some public to win over as of yet. Reality tv at it's best.
why he won. and you all are going to send him more voters by your own actions. I love it. You still don't get that there are consequences.

why he won. and you all are going to send him more voters by your own actions. I love it. You still don't get that there are consequences.
You can't fix stupid. Just enjoy the entertainment and the votes that they are shifting to us.

Why do we need a special bill for that? Riots and looting are already illegal.

I would have to see each individual bill (there are federal and state bills pending). My guess would be to toughen existing law - mandatory sentences for example. Blocking highways is willful reckless endangerment. Those doing so need a month or 2 jail time to break the cycle.

I would have to see each individual bill (there are federal and state bills pending). My guess would be to toughen existing law - mandatory sentences for example. Blocking highways is willful reckless endangerment. Those doing so need a month or 2 jail time to break the cycle.

I disagree. Mandatory sentences are a bad idea and end up with too many largely non-violent people in jail, when the crime can be addressed by more appropriate penalties. We don't need more people in jail.

It's also tricky...at what point are we infringing on the rights of free speech and assembly? My point is property destruction, assault, and impeding a person's ability to move from place to place. But not all require stiff penalties.

For example, consider this: 'Bubble' laws protect patients and protesters alike

Republican Legislators Propose a Series of Bills That Would Criminalize Peaceful Protests

This piece out right lies about the intent and purpose of laws being proposed. It lies about the reason for the laws and the reason that people are upset about actions taken by protestors. It is NOT peaceful protest when the protestors break the law.
since there are ALREADY LAWS that make these acts illegal, adding all of these ADDITIONAL laws and penalties seems to be simply for intimidation against all protesters by our government to silence dissent.....

I disagree. Mandatory sentences are a bad idea and end up with too many largely non-violent people in jail, when the crime can be addressed by more appropriate penalties. We don't need more people in jail.

It's also tricky...at what point are we infringing on the rights of free speech and assembly? My point is property destruction, assault, and impeding a person's ability to move from place to place. But not all require stiff penalties.

For example, consider this: 'Bubble' laws protect patients and protesters alike
An aspect of any law is also to help prevent the relevant unlawful act. This is done with stiff penalties. There really isn't any free speech / assembly impediment with what I'm writing about. Looting, riots, blocking highways and the like, not standing peacefully protesting.

Those are criminal acts and or willful reckless endangerment. It needs to be stopped. We need laws that foster said stoppage and not treat it lightly. Deterrence is always a better tool than enforcement.

Forum List

Back