Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

Thinking thing over a bit, in the distant future I'd like to add specific events within the game.

At the start of, say, Day 2, give Moonglow a PM instructing him to try and lynch X player, or else two people at random will be roleblocked the following Night, etc. I wonder how a player would react under the shifting pressure?

One other thing about Mafia are the Bastard games. These are twisted, convoluted games in which the host can indeed lie to all players. They're meant to be extremely entertaining, and somewhat of a firestorm for players. Imagine you're the Cop and everyone you investigate is guilty, but the truth is the host made it so all your results are opposites. Or if 3 players get PM'd by the host and each is told one of the other two are Scum? I've never run a bastard game, but they're diabolical to say the least.

Thinking thing over a bit, in the distant future I'd like to add specific events within the game.

At the start of, say, Day 2, give Moonglow a PM instructing him to try and lynch X player, or else two people at random will be roleblocked the following Night, etc. I wonder how a player would react under the shifting pressure?

One other thing about Mafia are the Bastard games. These are twisted, convoluted games in which the host can indeed lie to all players. They're meant to be extremely entertaining, and somewhat of a firestorm for players. Imagine you're the Cop and everyone you investigate is guilty, but the truth is the host made it so all your results are opposites. Or if 3 players get PM'd by the host and each is told one of the other two are Scum? I've never run a bastard game, but they're diabolical to say the least.

Damn Wake, you really want us going after each other with Torches and Pitchforks with that type of twist....I'm having a hard enough time trying to keep up with who said what and this is supposed to be the "simplest" of Mafia games?

I don't play Bastard Games for that reason. One time was told I was a Doctor, so I went about blending in and protecting people. Turns out the host never told me I was also a Serial Killer planting timed bombs on people, which would all explode when all the Mafia members died.

So me and and the other two players were celebrating in Twilight when the last evil f***** died. Then "BOOM!," "BOOM!," the other two erupted in a red mess. "Congrats, Wake," you were really the Serial Killer."

Hm. We should try that sometime. *Scritches on notepad* :badgrin:

I don't play Bastard Games for that reason. One time was told I was a Doctor, so I went about blending in and protecting people. Turns out the host never told me I was also a Serial Killer planting timed bombs on people, which would all explode when all the Mafia members died.

So me and and the other two players were celebrating in Twilight when the last evil f***** died. Then "BOOM!," "BOOM!," the other two erupted in a red mess. "Congrats, Wake," you were really the Serial Killer."

Hm. We should try that sometime. *Scritches on notepad* :badgrin:

:eek: That would be crazy! :lol:

Hey all.

I am recuperating. I shoulda oughta have quit sooner. Put myself in rheumatoid flare.

But the good part is I get to have a glass of elderberry wine every nite to help me sleep and my regular doctor today strongly hinted that my rheumatologist is a d**khead and I really must divorce him.

Thusly, per usual, out of not so good comes much better.

So I will be lurking.

And keeping Avatar on his toes in the Dead Zone.

Hope to see you there!

Regards from Rosie

Hey all.

I am recuperating. I shoulda oughta have quit sooner. Put myself in rheumatoid flare.

But the good part is I get to have a glass of elderberry wine every nite to help me sleep and my regular doctor today strongly hinted that my rheumatologist is a d**khead and I really must divorce him.

So I will be lurking.

Hope to see you there!

Regards from Rosie

Good to see you're back Rosie...hope you will be feeling better soon.

[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] -

Again I have been accused of cheating.:mad:

In post 1846 Sameech says "... I did not know this game was tainted with cheating when I agreed to join it, and since your name was right in the middle of it, your opinion is laughable. Wake may have been lenient when he only said that he would modkill people if it happened "AGAIN" which means it happened the first time. I have no desire to help cheaters win whether they got a free pass the first time they did it or not. PERIOD."

I must have clarification. Is there cheating going on in this game?

I know I'm not cheating, but I'd like to know if others are.

And from this point on I'm STRONGLY requesting a modkill for anyone that randomly throws out such an accusation.:mad::mad::mad:

OK, I am very sorry this is happening. I'll amend the rules.

*Accusations of cheating. Amending that rule for all future games.

Last edited:
Reading through everything I am not seeing how there is any basis for the accusations. there doesn't seem to be a need make accusations like cheating.

You probably should amend the rule about moderators interjecting themselves into games as well

Sameech, you're sort of new here. In the Community forum we tend to be more polite than in the other forums. The politeness is strictly enforced.

I've seen a few members permabanned for getting carried away in the Lounge. I'd hate to lose you.

It's just a game, after all.

Hey all.

So I will be lurking.

Hope to see you there!

Regards from Rosie

o rosie .....i am so glad to hear that your arent mad with us....of course given the choice of ra and being mad at us...perhaps the latter is the best....

i hope you feel much better by the time we lynch again

Y'know what, Sam? Your posts parallel Rosie's meltdown. Turns out Rosie wasn't feeling well. Are you okay? The game isn't worth risking your health. Don't let it get to you.

That is not ok if there have been mentions of a head start that other players did not get to have. Even if in jest, or as a red herring.

If someone claims they did get to rule break, you are out of line banning another for referring to it.

Ban those who claim , even in jest, that they got to cheat. Then ban those later that refer to it.

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back