Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

It was inevitable. Shaitra was about to do it anyway. He wasn't defending or explaining himself any further and enough of his posts are suspicious that I feel comfortable with it. I would of liked more time to figure him out but at this point, I'm ready to move on.

Yeah, we do need Wake to talk about both sides of this.

If there is a suggestion that a person or a group has been out of bounds -"we got a head start"- that DOES legitimately need to be investigated.

Doesn't make any difference how mad or offended others get. If you tag team constantly, it is ignorant NOT to expect some blowback.

And bringing up an allegation of an admission of cheating- even if meant as a red herring - is legit.

Hard to miss that it is written in black and white when you look for it.

And just like with Scum, there is "guilt by association"

Deal with it.

Sameech is not out of line when pointing out repetitious behavior.

Nor is he out of line in referring to the allegation I made.

Neither he nor I poisoned the well.

And those waters are still swirling, Wake.

Regards from Rosie

Yes sameech was. The allegation was dealt with and put to bed. And I fail to see any repetitive behavior to allow him to bring it up again. I mean, really, some silly people even suspected me :eek:

He just had a meltdown if you ask me.

If there is a suggestion that a person or a group has been out of bounds -"we got a head start"- that DOES legitimately need to be investigated.

Doesn't make any difference how mad or offended others get. If you tag team constantly, it is ignorant NOT to expect some blowback.

And bringing up an allegation of an admission of cheating- even if meant as a red herring - is legit.

Deal with it.

Regards from Rosie

Wake acknowledge it when he referenced what he would do if it happened "again" and then admitted he handled these things discreetly in the game thread which is crap moderation in both regards, especially in not being forthright with players during an on-going game. Beyond that it does not matter because I won't play a game here again under Wake, who by the way, encouraged me by PM to explain things to these idiots who then tried to use my guidance as "proof" I was misleading them.

I'm not aware of much of the things said, because I focus on tallying votes and responding to mentions. As with Rosie, when allegations of cheating offsite are made I ask for some sort of evidence, anything, that serves as a basis. The same goes with dealing with socks, I would imagine. Rosie made mention that there was cheating going on but did not disclose any sort of evidence that could be considered. I have PM'd Sameech asking him too for something of substance, but his account is not accepting PMs. I cannot modkill a player for offsite cheating if it's a supposition. There has to be something tangible that can be used objectively.

Sameech was asked to help explain gameplay with the newer players, because it would be a good thing, and at the main site it's exactly that same way with "SEs" and "ICs."

I can't punish a player because of "I think so," or "I know it." That's how you lynch players, but not how USMB members get treated by the host. If you suspect someone is cheating, please PM me. Something tangible, like a link to somewhere that has players actively cheating offsite, is something that would be used. Suspicion alone is not enough. As for players talking about our ongoing game in USMB thread, I'm stamping that out by the end of Sunday.

Last edited:
If you're dead, or not playing in this game, do not post here. All further posts like this will be deleted in this thread. If you have an issue, take it to PMs.

Screw you Rosie, I am not going to be accused of cheating with no proof. Stop saying I cheated. I will not deal with your lies.

Sameech only fed off of you and ruined the freaking game.

He does have a legitimate beef with that one post of Wake's.

This is freaking ridiculous. I really like this game but these cheating allegations are crap.

And now, others' are talking about the game in other places here?

What a crock.

Deal with it.

Regards from Rosie

Wake acknowledge it when he referenced what he would do if it happened "again" and then admitted he handled these things discreetly in the game thread which is crap moderation in both regards, especially in not being forthright with players during an on-going game. Beyond that it does not matter because I won't play a game here again under Wake, who by the way, encouraged me by PM to explain things to these idiots who then tried to use my guidance as "proof" I was misleading them.

I was willing to listen and learn by you. I was truly interested in what you had to say. But you insulted everyone in the game repeatedly and now you are insulting Wake.

We are all new at this here at USMB. Mistakes will be made. Instead of everyone throwing everyone else under the bus and being nasty and immature, we should of figured out a way to handle this better.

It totally sucks.

Additionally, it is common gameplay in Mafia to give the Scum time to chat a bit before the game begins. This does indeed give them a head start. That is usually how the game goes; if I have not made that clear enough, then I take responsibility for that.

You do know SB is the town druggie with mad skills, right?

She blurts out the darndest things, hiding behind a mask of hazy crazy. You have to wade through her posts to find what she really means. It's her style, and so far it's spot on...both games.

hmmm i am gonna have to ponder that one.....

It's a compliment, Bones, run with it.....:D

They haven't ruined the game for me. When you step back and look at the allegations, they came up only after the two making accusations were feeling heat from being cornered. Some people can handle pressure, some can't.

Is it too late to consider replacing Ropey again? Has [MENTION=48997]sameech[/MENTION] officially quit?

Prolly don't need a replacement, I think he's fixing to get lynched, there is enough votes now.

I don't understand the meltdowns, it's not like the lynchings are real.....:lol:

Additionally, it is common gameplay in Mafia to give the Scum time to chat a bit before the game begins. This does indeed give them a head start. That is usually how the game goes; if I have not made that clear enough, then I take responsibility for that.

I saw that in the first game when I went back and read part of that game. I clicked on the links given for their chat area. :)

Just deleted some posts for discussing ongoing games outside of the game thread.

Once Game #2 resolves, all deleted posts will be restored.

Future posts discussing ongoing games will be deleted as well.

Discussing all completed games, like Game #1, is completely fine and encouraged.

Last edited:
Being that it is a game of suspecting without actual evidence, I figured that eventually it would spiral out of control to the point that paranoia, hearsay and conjecture would be established as fact...

Last edited:

Just deleted some posts for discussing ongoing games outside of the game thread.

Once Game #2 resolves, all deleted posts will be restored.

Future posts discussing ongoing games will be deleted as well.

Discussing all completed games, like Game #1, is completely fine and encouraged.

Thanks for explaining that you were deleting posts. I thought the Forum was going postal, I was trying to respond to a post and it would send me somewhere else, then I couldn't find my place.....argh...........now I see what you did.....:D

Nice selective deleting Wake. Leave Rosie's in about cheating of which she directly accused me of with no proof and take mine out defending myself that had nothing to do with the game.

Go ahead and delete this one now.

Alright, I missed a few. Going back. Apologies.

If we have to scrap this Mafia Discussion thread and start a new one, we'll do that. I'm not used to deleting lots of posts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back