Mafia Discussion Thread: Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home!

Sameech, if you want to make accusations, you can do so via PM. If you want to play the game, play. If you don't, and want to disrupt our game, then I'll be left with no choice but to contact USMB staff. Out of the many ways you could of communicated your thoughts, you chose one of the worst. I'm asking you to calm down and communicate the right way.

This should go for all players that continue to bring this cheating garbage to this thread.

In Mafia, it's not uncommon to melt down.

At least 3 times have I been on the warpath.

The first time I was a Doctor in a simple, 13-player game. My gut told me someone was Scum, but no one believed me. So, the guy I suspected was scum manipulated the Town, and got me angry. He then used my anger against me, feeding it, and using it to sway the Town to lynch me. At L-1 I was so very angry that I screamed at them that I was the Town Doctor, that they didn't deserve a Doctor, voted for myself and with a scream jumped off the gallows with the noose around me neck. It was epic. :D

Another time, in a rather large themed game, we Townies happened to out the Serial Killer. Town split into two angry factions over what to do with the SK. Either lynch it, or use him to kill suspected Scum. The Scum, in all of this, did NOT waste their time using this divide, and wormed its way through and through everyone's hearts. It was so bad Townies were getting lynched instead of the Serial Killer, including me, and Scum had actually taken control of the SK while parading as the Town leaders.

This was the one, folks, where the flame war over the Serial KIller began. :lol:

288 pages... Lots of reading there.

I'm not aware of much of the things said, because I focus on tallying votes and responding to mentions. As with Rosie, when allegations of cheating offsite are made I ask for some sort of evidence, anything, that serves as a basis. The same goes with dealing with socks, I would imagine. Rosie made mention that there was cheating going on but did not disclose any sort of evidence that could be considered. I have PM'd Sameech asking him too for something of substance, but his account is not accepting PMs. I cannot modkill a player for offsite cheating if it's a supposition. There has to be something tangible that can be used objectively.

Sameech was asked to help explain gameplay with the newer players, because it would be a good thing, and at the main site it's exactly that same way with "SEs" and "ICs."

I can't punish a player because of "I think so," or "I know it." That's how you lynch players, but not how USMB members get treated by the host. If you suspect someone is cheating, please PM me. Something tangible, like a link to somewhere that has players actively cheating offsite, is something that would be used. Suspicion alone is not enough. As for players talking about our ongoing game in USMB thread, I'm stamping that out by the end of Sunday.

It was an allegation because the player said so.

That isn't "I think so...." it is "I read it."

There needs to be a rule that one dies not use rulebreaking as strategy in or out of the game.

Once one has admitted to rulebreaking, even as a red herring, the well is poisoned.

I will keep repeating until comprehended.

You cannot give links unless you are an invited participant.

Not saying it occurred, but saying I read in the game that a player admitted to it.

You cannot be allowed to play that falsely. Trying to psyche out by claiming rulebreaking is out of bounds of legit play.

And others of a cabal get blamed, too.

Get it yet?

Regards from Rosie

I'd like to see that post.

Post # 491

"dont forget the scum know who each other are and get to some plans prior to the game starting...we get a bit of a head start"

"we get a bit of a head start" being the phrase that set off cheating alarm bells.

We? Who is we? Meeting where?

This is a red herring? Nope.

Remember - I was Scum.

Regards from Rosie

Rosie, this cannot be discussed while the game is going. Doing so would damage the game. Accusations of cheating without evidence is not alright. Players saying things to fake or psyche out others, I'm not sure. I'll have to consult the higher-ups on mafiascum.net for those rulings.

Tell you what. You PM me, and we'll go check it out together. In the meantime, I'm going to delete these posts because they do discuss ongoing games. We'll understand this better, but you need to work with me to come to that point. Rosie does raise a point, and I frankly am not sure how to go about it.

I see it as a way to shake up the scum a little. Risky, but looks like it worked.

He's welcome to come play any time. After Game #2 resolves, the curtains will be raised and everything explained.

50099761_400x400.jpg

Guys, I'm going on a vacation in Tahiti.

I'm left with no choice but to wait with telling you all what happens for two weeks.

Do I really sound that serious?

:D

Forum List

Back