Maher: This is America...

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Even Maher gets it and I can't stand the man.

Bill Maher on Draw Muhammad Contest: ‘This Is America. Do We Not Have the Right to Draw Whatever We Want?’

The big subject of Bill Maher’s “Real Time” show Friday night was no surprise: the thwarted attack by Islamic extremists outside a draw Muhammad contest in Garland, Texas, last Sunday.

Maher — an outspoken critic of Islam, particularly its radical element — wasted little time defending the right of Pamela Geller to promote the contest even though he called her “kind of a loon.”

“It obviously was a provocation,” Maher said to his panel. “But this is America. Do we not have the right to draw whatever we want?” The audience took a few seconds to warm up to the host’s statement before applause was heard.

Maher then critiqued the opinion that those who provoke Muslims are ultimately to blame for their violence: “This assumes that we just have to accept that Muslims are unable to control themselves the way we would ask everyone else in the world,” Maher said. “To me that’s bigotry. That’s the soft bigotry of low expectations.”

Bill Maher on Draw Muhammad Contest This Is America. Do We Not Have the Right to Draw Whatever We Want Video TheBlaze.com

Dummy OP.

This is pretty much what I and other libs post here all the time. I mean you DO know that quote by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, right?

That's the way I see it. Muslims, kkk, Westboro, stupid homophobes, Limbaugh, fox, Alex Jones, ALL Repub politicians ... They all have the right to say (and/or lie) all they want and I have the right to point and laugh at those stupid enough to fall for their crap.

OP is an idiot who can't post even one thing without making an ass of herself but she has that right.

Dummy OP.

This is pretty much what I and other libs post here all the time. I mean you DO know that quote by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, right?

That's the way I see it. Muslims, kkk, Westboro, stupid homophobes, Limbaugh, fox, Alex Jones, ALL Repub politicians ... They all have the right to say (and/or lie) all they want and I have the right to point and laugh at those stupid enough to fall for their crap.

OP is an idiot who can't post even one thing without making an ass of herself but she has that right.

Yo dumb ass Maher is one of yours and he even agrees freedom of speech is paramount you all need to stop getting all butt hurt at everything, fucking clown

Bill Maher on Draw Muhammad Contest: ‘This Is America. Do We Not Have the Right to Draw Whatever We Want?’

The big subject of Bill Maher’s “Real Time” show Friday night was no surprise: the thwarted attack by Islamic extremists outside a draw Muhammad contest in Garland, Texas, last Sunday.

Maher — an outspoken critic of Islam, particularly its radical element — wasted little time defending the right of Pamela Geller to promote the contest even though he called her “kind of a loon.”

“It obviously was a provocation,” Maher said to his panel. “But this is America. Do we not have the right to draw whatever we want?” The audience took a few seconds to warm up to the host’s statement before applause was heard.

Maher then critiqued the opinion that those who provoke Muslims are ultimately to blame for their violence: “This assumes that we just have to accept that Muslims are unable to control themselves the way we would ask everyone else in the world,” Maher said. “To me that’s bigotry. That’s the soft bigotry of low expectations.”

Bill Maher on Draw Muhammad Contest This Is America. Do We Not Have the Right to Draw Whatever We Want Video TheBlaze.com
Bill Maher is always spot on.

I wouldn't go that far but in this instance he is spot on.

He is correct but then again how could he say anything else given some of the stuff he has said over the years? If he had attacked Geller for being controversial, insulting, or provocative that would have been off the charts hypocrisy.

He is correct but then again how could he say anything else given some of the stuff he has said over the years? If he had attacked Geller for being controversial, insulting, or provocative that would have been off the charts hypocrisy.

Nope.

You missed the point completely.

Not only does geller have the right to spew her hate and stupidity, YOU have the right to call it what it is - "controversial, insulting, or provocative".

Maher has more integrity than rush, Hannity, Levin, Ed Schultz, rev Al combined l ever dream of having. Maher is quick to point out all the alarming faults of America, and the list is endless. I see him as a patriot, for a true patriot is not afraid to call out the wrongs. The others are shills for the ploutocristic rich.

There are times I disagree with him but not often.

I also like that he ALWAYS has RWs, as well as true Conservatives on his show.

Dummy OP.

When you talk about lying did you not mention Hillary, Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Ed Schultz, Al Sharpton and other left wing nuts? Do you not exercise right to point and laugh at them or is it only certain " belief" systems you mock and laugh at?

Performing abortions is provocative too, and people die for it. But it's also a right.

The dude is a lib who inaccurately assigns terrorist status to more Mulsims than is necessary. I can forgive him for that.

Did any of our USMB nutters catch his take on how to combat terrorism? If you did....you wouldn't be talking him up here.

Go ahead.....check it out.

Dummy OP.

When you talk about lying did you not mention Hillary, Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Ed Schultz, Al Sharpton and other left wing nuts? Do you not exercise right to point and laugh at them or is it only certain " belief" systems you mock and laugh at?

That's what I mean by the "double standard hypocrisy" of the progressive /communists on the left.

They see the speck in other people's eyes but not the log in their own's!

Forum List

Back