make america great again...the newest Baptist Worship song

These fake Kristians are getting close to the cult in Beneath The Planet of The Apes that worshiped a nuclear bomb. They aren't Christians by any stretch.

There is a nasty ,narrow streak to American fundamentalist religion. It seems to be more about hating than loving.
Jesus said love thy neighbour - there were no footnotes to that.
What does that have to do with the tradition of patriotic hymns, imbecile?

There is a nasty ,narrow streak to American fundamentalist religion. It seems to be more about hating than loving.
Jesus said love thy neighbour - there were no footnotes to that.
What does that have to do with the tradition of patriotic hymns, imbecile?
Whats the link between patriotism and religion ?
Just pointing out that it's been around a long, long, long time.
Despite what the idiot OP and stickitinme said.

I think by far this is the best song about a president to ever exist, ever.

Dumbfuck progressives. You can't pound knowledge into them. I don't know what we're going to do them. Feed them to hogs, maybe.

Dumbfuck Trump worshipers, I am a Libertarian, not a fucking progressive. That is why I oppose Trump and the merge of religion and politics.

I think by far this is the best song about a president to ever exist, ever.

I was always partial to this one written for Shrub. With just a little rework, it would be great for Trump too.

religion is about god.....not America. I go to church to worship god. Not once had America ever been mentioned in a sermon.
Another great hymn:

"The song links the judgment of the wicked at the end of the age (Old Testament, Isaiah 63; New Testament, Rev. 19) with the American Civil War. "

"The "Glory, Hallelujah" tune was a folk hymn developed in the oral hymn tradition of camp meetings in the southern United States and first documented in the early 1800s. In the first known version, "Canaan's Happy Shore", the text includes the verse "Oh! Brothers will you meet me (3×)/On Canaan's happy shore?"[1]and chorus "There we'll shout and give him glory (3×)/For glory is his own";[2] this developed into the familiar "Glory, glory, hallelujah" chorus by the 1850s. The tune and variants of these words spread across both the southern and northern United States.[3]"

"As the "John Brown's Body" song[edit]
"At a flag-raising ceremony at Fort Warren, near Boston, Massachusetts on Sunday May 12, 1861, the John Brown song, using the well known "Oh! Brothers" tune and the "Glory, Hallelujah" chorus, was publicly played "perhaps for the first time." The American Civil War had begun the previous month."

"I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal";
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
Since God is marching on.

(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! Be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.
The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Wikipedia

That is one of my favorites, have you ever heard Odetta do it?

Forum List

Back