Making Imperial Israel Whole

"If you read the Camp David Accords, which are in the book, they call for the withdrawal of Israel's military and political forces from the West Bank and Gaza, for full self-determination for the Palestinians.
And what is this selected drivel supposed to mean?

"Oded Yinon was a participant or observer in the following events:
February 1982: Article in Israeli Journal Says Israel Should Exploit Internal Tensions of Arab States

"The winter issue of Kivunim, a 'A Journal for Judaism and Zionism,' publishes 'A Strategy for Israel in the Nineteen Eighties' by Oded Yinon.

"The paper, published in Hebrew, rejects the idea that Israel should carry through with the Camp David accords and seek peace.

"Instead, Yinon suggests that the Arab States should be destroyed from within by exploiting their internal religious and ethnic tensions..."

Oded Yinon

Give peace a chance for a change.

Israel, unlike the most of Arab-Muslim World, has a free and vibrant media. What you have posted about the Camp David accords is one guy's opinion ... not Israeli policy. The fact is I have my doubts about Israel's willingness to accept the accords but we will never know because Arafat slinked away from the negotiations in order to instigate his final intifada. Ring a bell?
Israel has never missed a chance to miss a chance at exchanging peace for expansion.
Remember Jimmy Carter?

"Carter: Yes, there was a lot of pressure exerted on members of Congress and so forth on behalf of Israel.

"At that time, there was a general consensus between me and the key members of Congress, and that included Sen. (Jacob) Javits (of New York), who was Jewish, that there was a presumption that Israel would withdraw from the occupied territories.

"When I negotiated with (Israeli Prime Minister Menachem) Begin and (Egyptian President Anwar) Sadat, that was one of the things I insisted upon, that both of them agreed to accept.

"If you read the Camp David Accords, which are in the book, they call for the withdrawal of Israel's military and political forces from the West Bank and Gaza, for full self-determination for the Palestinians.

"And the Knesset of Israel agreed with that in a Likud administration..."

"That was subsequently confirmed in the Oslo Agreement in 1993, and more recently the international quartet's (the U.S., Russia, the European Union and the United Nations) 'Roadmap' also requires that Israel withdraw from occupied territories as its main premise."

Carter shares insight on peace in Mideast
Strange how Georgie Boy will bring up Jimmy Carter who is anti-Semitic and, being from the South, probably is not fond of Georgie Boy's fellow Blacks either. Naturally, Georgie Boy, that "brilliant Internet researcher and cut and paste guy" wouldn't tell the viewers what Dennis Ross has said. Meanwhile, of course, Georgie Boy has no problems with the charters of Hamas and Fatah calling for the destruction of Israel. I think this is one of the things that Georgie Boy lives for. I wonder if Georgie Boy can tell us when his friendly Muslim extremists are going to give peace a chance and start having tolerance toward those whose beliefs differ from theirs. Maybe Georgie Boy doesn't mind them considering him an abd as well as a non believer.

And what is this selected drivel supposed to mean?
"Israel's Prime Minister Yitzak Rabin and his successor, Menachem Begin, were both skeptical of an international conference.[2] While Begin, who took office in May 1977, officially favored the reconvening of the conference, perhaps even more vocally than Rabin, and even accepted the Palestinian presence, in actuality the Israelis and the Egyptians were secretly formulating a framework for bilateral talks.

"Even earlier, Begin had not been opposed to returning the Sinai, but a major future obstacle was his firm refusal to consider relinquishing control over the West Bank.[4]"

Camp David Accords - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel, unlike the most of Arab-Muslim World, has a free and vibrant media. What you have posted about the Camp David accords is one guy's opinion ... not Israeli policy. The fact is I have my doubts about Israel's willingness to accept the accords but we will never know because Arafat slinked away from the negotiations in order to instigate his final intifada. Ring a bell?
Israel has never missed a chance to miss a chance at exchanging peace for expansion.
Remember Jimmy Carter?

"Carter: Yes, there was a lot of pressure exerted on members of Congress and so forth on behalf of Israel.

"At that time, there was a general consensus between me and the key members of Congress, and that included Sen. (Jacob) Javits (of New York), who was Jewish, that there was a presumption that Israel would withdraw from the occupied territories.

"When I negotiated with (Israeli Prime Minister Menachem) Begin and (Egyptian President Anwar) Sadat, that was one of the things I insisted upon, that both of them agreed to accept.

"That was subsequently confirmed in the Oslo Agreement in 1993, and more recently the international quartet's (the U.S., Russia, the European Union and the United Nations) 'Roadmap' also requires that Israel withdraw from occupied territories as its main premise."

Strange how Georgie Boy will bring up Jimmy Carter who is anti-Semitic and, being from the South, probably is not fond of Georgie Boy's fellow Blacks either. Naturally, Georgie Boy, that "brilliant Internet researcher and cut and paste guy" wouldn't tell the viewers what Dennis Ross has said. Meanwhile, of course, Georgie Boy has no problems with the charters of Hamas and Fatah calling for the destruction of Israel. I think this is one of the things that Georgie Boy lives for. I wonder if Georgie Boy can tell us when his friendly Muslim extremists are going to give peace a chance and start having tolerance toward those whose beliefs differ from theirs. Maybe Georgie Boy doesn't mind them considering him an abd as well as a non believer.
"Question: Earlier this year the London Review of Books published an article by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt called 'The Israel Lobby.' That article, which generated much controversy, argued that American foreign policies in the Middle East, especially regarding Israel and Palestine, are not reflective of genuine American interests in the region and instead reflect very influential and successful lobbying efforts on the part of Israel and American supporters of Israel. Do you think that assessment is correct?

Carter: That's correct. Over the last 30 years of my life, one of my strongest commitments has been to bring peace to Israel and to have its existence accepted by all nations. I've traveled all over Israel. In fact, I've been to the Golan Heights three times, and we've conducted three elections there for the Palestinians.

"I've seen the intense debate in Israel about Israeli government policies, with the majority of Israelis habitually favoring the withdrawal from occupied territories in exchange for peace.

"But that debate does not even exist in the United States. A member of Congress would not dream of coming out in favor of Israel's withdrawal from occupied territories or condemn Israel's treatment of Palestinian people.

"And very few of the news media in this country would ever bring out an intense analysis of the issues involved in the Middle East as they are brought out fervently in Israel and throughout Europe. There's no doubt that there is a strong aversion to criticizing Israel in this country. I wouldn't say it's all because of intimidation, but that is one factor."

Why do you suppose we don't have the same debate about the occupation in this country that they have in Israel, Hoss?

Remember Jimmy Carter?

"Question: Earlier this year the London Review of Books published an article by John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt called 'The Israel Lobby.' That article, which generated much controversy, argued that American foreign policies in the Middle East, especially regarding Israel and Palestine, are not reflective of genuine American interests in the region and instead reflect very influential and successful lobbying efforts on the part of Israel and American supporters of Israel. Do you think that assessment is correct?

Carter: That's correct. Over the last 30 years of my life, one of my strongest commitments has been to bring peace to Israel and to have its existence accepted by all nations. I've traveled all over Israel. In fact, I've been to the Golan Heights three times, and we've conducted three elections there for the Palestinians.

"I've seen the intense debate in Israel about Israeli government policies, with the majority of Israelis habitually favoring the withdrawal from occupied territories in exchange for peace.

"But that debate does not even exist in the United States. A member of Congress would not dream of coming out in favor of Israel's withdrawal from occupied territories or condemn Israel's treatment of Palestinian people.

"And very few of the news media in this country would ever bring out an intense analysis of the issues involved in the Middle East as they are brought out fervently in Israel and throughout Europe. There's no doubt that there is a strong aversion to criticizing Israel in this country. I wouldn't say it's all because of intimidation, but that is one factor."

Why do you suppose we don't have the same debate about the occupation in this country that they have in Israel, Hoss?

Why didn't you talk about all the criticism Jimmy Carter got for saying that Israel practiced Aparheid? Perhaps Georgie Boy would have been the one to go with Carter into Iran and get the Americans released. We know that Georgie Boy is so, so brave (especially when hiding behind his computer). While there are radical Muslims killing innocent people all over, Georgie Boy wants the viewers to hate, hate Israel and the Jews. So cut and paste away your life, Georgie Boy, with nothing else to do and no friends with whom to hang out. I know you think hundreds of new viewers come to these forums every day, and you are on a mission for them to hate Israel and the Jews and also the U.S. while of course overlooking what is happening to your Black brethren at the hands of the Muslims in the Middle East and Africa. Say, I wonder since Carter is supposedly a good Christian, if he can get the Muslims to stop killing the Christians in the Muslim world. Do you think he is capable of that, Georgie Boy, or is he afraid that if he did speak out he would be killed but he is safe criticizing Israel.

Why didn't you talk about all the criticism Jimmy Carter got for saying that Israel practiced Aparheid? Perhaps Georgie Boy would have been the one to go with Carter into Iran and get the Americans released. We know that Georgie Boy is so, so brave (especially when hiding behind his computer). While there are radical Muslims killing innocent people all over, Georgie Boy wants the viewers to hate, hate Israel and the Jews. So cut and paste away your life, Georgie Boy, with nothing else to do and no friends with whom to hang out. I know you think hundreds of new viewers come to these forums every day, and you are on a mission for them to hate Israel and the Jews and also the U.S. while of course overlooking what is happening to your Black brethren at the hands of the Muslims in the Middle East and Africa. Say, I wonder since Carter is supposedly a good Christian, if he can get the Muslims to stop killing the Christians in the Muslim world. Do you think he is capable of that, Georgie Boy, or is he afraid that if he did speak out he would be killed but he is safe criticizing Israel.

Why didn't you talk about all the criticism Jimmy Carter got for saying that Israel practiced Aparheid?

Indeed he was as is everyone who criticizes Israel.

That is the way that kind operates.

Dirty politics for dirty people in a dirty area.
Yeah, Georgie Boy felt that he didn't want to be a slave to the White Man so instead of trying to better himself by going to some trade-tech school, a vocational center or a community college at very low cost in Los Angeles, he felt that if he sat back and did nothing, the White Man would have to take care of him. While Georgie Boy thinks he is showing us some "brilliance" by pulling up stuff that he posts ad nausaem, his fellow Blacks are unfortunately being killed in the Middle East and Africa, and all he does is participate on forums dissing America, Israel, and the American citizens who don't have demented thinking like he does. By the way, since you didn't want to be a slave to the White Man, Georgie Boy, and now find yourself in an unfortunate situation where the only fun in life for you are the forums, the Peace Corps is looking for people and you finally get to travel (for free). As they say, "Begin the Journey of a Lifetime." Go to www,PeaceCorps.gov/apply. If Jimmy Carter's mother, Lillian, could do it, so can you, Georgie Boy. We all will be so proud of you.
How about you and me and Lillian hit the road to Ho Chi Minh City, BK? Don't forget to wear your medals (and Orange stripes)
Our honorable georgephillip's buying tickets.

"Even earlier, Begin had not been opposed to returning the Sinai, ...
Unfortunately, Sadat didn't want his palistanian arseholes returned. hehe
but a major future obstacle was his firm refusal to consider relinquishing control over the West Bank.[4]"
The territory was taken from Jordan, not from palistanian arseholes, hence it's between Jordan and Israel, of course.

but a major future obstacle was his firm refusal to consider relinquishing control over the West Bank.[4]"
The territory was taken from Jordan, not from palistanian arseholes, hence it's between Jordan and Israel, of course.

Not true.

Jordan attempted to annex the West Bank but failed.

It is illegal to annex land that you occupy.

Not true.

What's not true ? That Israel didn't capture the land from Jordan ??

Unfortunately, Sadat didn't want his palistanian arseholes returned. heheThe territory was taken from Jordan, not from palistanian arseholes, hence it's between Jordan and Israel, of course.

Not true.

What's not true ? That Israel didn't capture the land from Jordan ??

It was occupied Palestinian land. It was not Jordan's to lose.

It was occupied Palestinian land. It was not Jordan's to lose.

You didn't really answer my question:

From whom did Israel capture the West Bank from ?

Israel took over the occupation of the West Bank from Jordan.

Yes, was that so hard.

BTW, they couldn't return the West Bank back to Jordan following the 6 day war because Jordan renounced all claims to the West Bank. Israel wanted to do so for a peace treaty, just like she tried to do with all the other land she captured..

You didn't really answer my question:

From whom did Israel capture the West Bank from ?

Yes, was that so hard.

BTW, they couldn't return the West Bank back to Jordan following the 6 day war because Jordan renounced all claims to the West Bank. Israel wanted to do so for a peace treaty, just like she tried to do with all the other land she captured..

So, it wasn't theirs in the first place.

Yes, was that so hard.

So, it wasn't theirs in the first place.

I'll be back in a few hours ...

The League of Nations which became the UN voted to grant the land of Judea and Samaria to the Jews in 1922. Therefore it is the Jews' land by legal definition.

The League of Nations which became the UN voted to grant the land of Judea and Samaria to the Jews in 1922. Therefore it is the Jews' land by legal definition.

Why did the Zionists agree to half of Palestine in 1947 when they received the whole pie 25 years earlier?

Forum List

Back