Manhunt On for Road Rage Shooter

>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

But what's important to remember is, "we don't have a gun problem".

theHawk

The gun didn't shoot itself, bub.

The Road Rage driver is responsible for his behavior.

:uhh: Of course he is. No one has suggested otherwise.
That's why there's a manhunt on for him, the first word in my title. What are you even talking about?

Gotta say, they're looking for the man, not the gun. Hence manhunt, not gunhunt.

However, you did politicize this tragedy.

"But what's important to remember is, "we don't have a gun problem." That type of statement doesn't mesh with the rest of the post. It sounds like a contradiction to say "the man is responsible" and then turn around and suggest we have a gun problem. It sounds like someone trying to push a political point.

Are we looking to have it both ways Pogo?

>> It was during the peak of the homebound commute, witnesses said, that they saw a dangerous “cat-and-mouse game” in which two motorists were jockeying for positions on a quarter-mile stretch of highway where two lanes become one.

When it was over, an 18-year-old college-bound Chester County girl was dead, her family and friends were devastated, and a nationwide manhunt had begun for the driver of a faded red pickup who shot and killed Bianca Roberson in what police said was a road rage murder.

“This homicide was completely senseless,” said West Goshen Police Chief Joseph Gleason. “A beautiful young lady of 18 years of age, in the prime of her life, getting ready to go off to college. And for reasons that are incomprehensible to me, the family is now planning her funeral instead of a going-away party for college.”

More than 20 investigators were sorting through hundreds of leads by email and phone from across the country, collecting video clips, and canvassing the streets for clues to what happened on the Route 100 bypass at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police Capt. Gregory Stone called the incident a “heartless” act unlike any he’d witnessed in his 32-year career.

Police have retrieved and reviewed video footage from PennDot cameras just moments before the shooting, Noone said. Still images can be viewed on the Crime Stoppers webpage.

.... Authorities on Friday announced a $5,000 Crimestoppers reward and urged anyone with information to contact police at 610-696-7400 or [email protected].

“This is going to come down, ladies and gentlemen, to assistance by the public,” Gleason said. “The family deserves this. Society in general deserves this.” << --- Philly.com

He shot a stranger dead, for the purpose of getting ten feet further ahead on an exit ramp.

theHawk
I never expected you to take a tragedy and make it political.
The conversation needs to be had. People would like to prevent these tragedies.
i tried having it and pogo got upset n just kept being an ass. i gave up.
Pogo believes we need to change the culture, the common definition of being "a man" in this society, to one that does not include violence and killing as our "go to" solution to problems. Now I agree that how we do that is fuzzy. Teach our kids that, yes. If we are teachers, ministers or otherwise have a lot of contact with kids, talk to our children about it. What do we do with the media and Hollywood in this country that glorifies violence? Video games? Violence in music? How do we slow any of this down, change this culture just by having this great idea? Pogo isn't wrong, but I need a lot more help seeing how that idea will look in action.

theHawk
Pogo believes we need to change the culture, the common definition of being "a man" in this society, to one that does not include violence and killing as our "go to" solution to problems. Now I agree that how we do that is fuzzy. Teach our kids that, yes. If we are teachers, ministers or otherwise have a lot of contact with kids, talk to our children about it. What do we do with the media and Hollywood in this country that glorifies violence? Video games? Violence in music? How do we slow any of this down, change this culture just by having this great idea? Pogo isn't wrong, but I need a lot more help seeing how that idea will look in action.
Changing the culture has always been the key to controlling the population in certain areas. The so called gun culture is a myth perpetrated to press an agenda.

theHawk

What we need are adult males staying with the women they have babies with, marrying them and teaching their sons how to be adult men...

Households with single teenage girls as the only parent are the ones creating the problem with the young males in this country and in Britain.....as well as other countries....

We refuse to acknowledge that issue...till we do....we will have the violence.

theHawk
Changing the culture has always been the key to controlling the population in certain areas. The so called gun culture is a myth perpetrated to press an agenda.
Disagree. We indeed have a gun culture and if the violence committed with those guns could be controlled, I'd be all for it. There is too much shooting and killing each other in this country. Period.

Disagree. We indeed have a gun culture and if the violence committed with those guns could be controlled, I'd be all for it. There is too much shooting and killing each other in this country. Period.
Show the scientific proof of a gun culture, not a "popular postulation" but scientific proof. I haven't seen it and some of my background is sociology, I study humanity and cultures.

Show the scientific proof of a gun culture, not a "popular postulation" but scientific proof. I haven't seen it and some of my background is sociology, I study humanity and cultures.
Also define it, provide parameters, cultural associations and empirical applications.

Do you realize that no matter what you try, criminals are going to get guns......Wang Jun, a Chinese business man with ties to the clinton family tried to smuggle in 2,000, military rifles...and ammunition back in the 90s...those were what they actually captured...imagine how many got through...

China Arms Dealer Guest Of Clinton

Then, in May, representatives of Wang's Poly Technologies were charged in a sting operation in which 2,000 Chinese-made assault rifles were shipped into the United States. The cache contained the largest number of fully operational automatic weapons ever taken by U.S. law enforcement officers.

Fourteen people were indicted in San Francisco for allegedly selling AK-47s to undercover agents posing as Miami mobsters. Those guns and 4,000 ammunition magazines had an estimated street value of $4 million, federal officials said.

The seizure was the culmination of a 16-month investigation into the executive ranks of Poly Technologies and another Chinese company, China Northern Industrial Corp. The top ranks of both companies are filled with former generals and relatives of senior Communist Party leaders, prosecutors said.

theHawk

Nice story cherry picked for your political convenience. An alleged white man killing a black girl. It doesn't change the fact that thugs pull the trigger.

I didn't bring up anybody's race -- nor did I know them when I happened upon the story.
But you did, which tells us something else about you. Can't say I'm surprised.

So sure, a thug pulled the trigger (although I'm not sure why you'd try to sanitize "murderer" into "thug", one is left to assume it's got something to do with the above). And that "trigger" was connected to a what?

There isn't any relevant "race" here, and no one, including the victim's family or friends, has made that suggestion. The point here is not and has never been "who was white and who was black". The point has always been the idea of using a gun as a driving technique. And the cultural values that lead to that kind of thinking being even thinkable. This obsessive narrowminded compulsion that "the way to deal with my problems is to shoot my way out of them".

So yeah I'd say that is a problem. A bigly one.

Suuure you didn't know the races, even though it was highlighted in your link.

But anyway, to understand what I mean by a thug problem and justice system problem, this thread is a good start: Guns are not the problem in Chicago..the judges and prosecutors are...

Also define it, provide parameters, cultural associations and empirical applications.
I'm going to leave that to Pogo. I think it's pretty generally accepted what the term "gun culture" refers to, and that we rely on, popularize and even "push" gun use in this country. We shoot others for fun on video games and watch movies where people are shot like swatting flies. Rap music sometimes glorifies it.
But like I said, you professors can battle that out.

oldlady i dont think any terms are generally acceptable cause of a few,reasons:

1) the media never gets the gun type correct. more often than not they call every scary looking gun "assault" which USED to have a specific meaning. fully automatic being their favorite
2) odds of any person using fully automatic is very rare, very hard to even own fully automatic.
3) the term assault rifle changes as the left needs it to. sound familiar? you tell me when does a gun become "assault"? what characteristics are,needed? when those characteristics go beyond ar15 the left tends to get mad n say "you know what i mean" and how could i when they dont?

not diminishing gun voilence but so far mass murders in the last year have been done with knives, guns, vehicles, and so much more.

but the left tends to see GUN PROBLEM while,the right sees VIOLENCE PROBLEM.

why do we not cry out for banning all things used to kill?

theHawk
An arrest was made. Hopefully, justice will be served.

theHawk

He turned himself in. Who the fuck does this? What an absolute lunatic.

theHawk

He turned himself in. Who the fuck does this? What an absolute lunatic.
I'll fly the bird but never kill over driving..

theHawk

You're right, we don't have a gun problem

-Geaux

1) the media never gets the gun type correct. more often than not they call every scary looking gun "assault" which USED to have a specific meaning. fully automatic being their favorite
2) odds of any person using fully automatic is very rare, very hard to even own fully automatic.
3) the term assault rifle changes as the left needs it to. sound familiar? you tell me when does a gun become "assault"? what characteristics are,needed? when those characteristics go beyond ar15 the left tends to get mad n say "you know what i mean" and how could i when they dont?

not diminishing gun voilence but so far mass murders in the last year have been done with knives, guns, vehicles, and so much more.

Definitions of words change with common usage and understanding is my only point. When writing legislation, it is important to define your terms carefully. When a tv broadcaster uses the term "assault rifle" we know he is talking about a semi-automatic or automatic weapon, and we know that is a gun which has been designed to fire multiple, loads of, bullets in a minute. If they were aimed at you, I believe you would rightly term it an assault.
Yes?

Definitions of words change with common usage and understanding is my only point. When writing legislation, it is important to define your terms carefully. When a tv broadcaster uses the term "assault rifle" we know he is talking about a semi-automatic or automatic weapon, and we know that is a gun which has been designed to fire multiple, loads of, bullets in a minute. If they were aimed at you, I believe you would rightly term it an assault.
Yes?

The only automatic weapons legally out there are ones grandfathered in after the law change, which is not many at all, and non of those have been used in a crime that I can think of. There's the LA bank robbers back in the 90s with body armor and automatics, but I doubt those were obtained legally. As far as semi-auto, all the means is you pull the trigger, and the gun shoots a bullet without any other necessary action, such as a pump shotgun bringing in the next shell, or a bolt action doing the same. You pull the trigger it shoots once, you can hold the trigger down, it's only going to shoot once. That's almost essentially every single handgun out there. Which conceal carry permit holders using handguns have a lower negligent discharge rate than our police (on or off duty) do.

Yes?
you are a teacher, correct? is the terminology used in the teaching world specific to things? it has been at times when i was a part of it. mechanics use a specific terminology, pest control, police - all "sub-cultures" do.

to go in and start changing the words around cause you don't like them - how would you take it coming your way? no attempt to understand, just say "that's wrong - change it".

and when a tv announcer uses "assault rifle" i assume he's stupid as shit and doesn't know what he's talking about. again - define the word and the guns by characteristics that fall under this term?

"long rifle" is now coming into popularity and at least it's more correct and tries to define things.

when ANY journalist says "automatic weapons used" my first thought is they looked at the gun and made stupid assumptions. yes the AR15 looks like the M4. but go ahead and run out to cabelas and ask to buy an automatic weapons. pawn shop. gun show. hell, go anywhere that sells guns and ask to buy an automatic weapon and tell me your results.

highly illegal for the average persona and requires specific licensing to own one and the FBI pretty much puts you on their WATCH FOREVER list. so the odds of the average person getting a fully automatic weapon is awfully remote but it sure does pump up the drama of the shooting now doesn't it?

for grins, go look at all mass shootings in the last 20 years. now tell me how many of them actually used an "automatic" weapon?

i'll tell you 0 now to save you the time but feel free to check my facts.

as for writing legislation yes you have to use terms correctly which is why people who are gun-ignorant should NOT be writing these laws. period. end of story. when they don't know a magazine is reusable and think banning high capacity ones will get rid of them after they're used - they need to sit down, shut up, and stop showing off stupidity. colorado, google it. quite funny actually.

so while your understanding of the terms is to change as you understand the topic at hand, again, do you work to understand how it is FIRST or say "i disagree and your terminology sucks, THIS is what that really is"? and expect to be taken seriously?

the terms change for the most part because the gun-grabbling liberals don't understand what they're grabbing and don't want to. they just want them gone so call them whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

see it daily on most of what they do actually.

now again - define the characteristics of an assault rifle? when do we go from "rifle" to "assault"?

and by the definition you just gave me for what you consider an assault rifle, these qualify also:
1103.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

and oddly enough:
RV-Cover.jpg

all those qualify. care to redefine?

Yes?

The only automatic weapons legally out there are ones grandfathered in after the law change, which is not many at all, and non of those have been used in a crime that I can think of. There's the LA bank robbers back in the 90s with body armor and automatics, but I doubt those were obtained legally. As far as semi-auto, all the means is you pull the trigger, and the gun shoots a bullet without any other necessary action, such as a pump shotgun bringing in the next shell, or a bolt action doing the same. You pull the trigger it shoots once, you can hold the trigger down, it's only going to shoot once. That's almost essentially every single handgun out there. Which conceal carry permit holders using handguns have a lower negligent discharge rate than our police (on or off duty) do.

that's my point.

i'm not arguing whether or not people are too quick to use guns. yep. damn skippy. i'm arguing on what to do about it.

blanket statements and "gosh that looks scary ban it" are no way to fix the overall problem of the tension we have in the country today. push harder to take these away from *those* people the harder they will now push back simply because of the times we now live in.

i understand we have a huge issue on our hands. being scared and wishing guns away isn't going to work so we need to stop doing that and get specific and to do that you have to first understand the topic at hand. oldlady would be surprised at my own long winded answer for this - and it would not fly with many die hard gun people. but the point here is to find common ground to build off of, not misconceptions to keep the divide going.

Yes?

that's my point.

i'm not arguing whether or not people are too quick to use guns. yep. damn skippy. i'm arguing on what to do about it.

blanket statements and "gosh that looks scary ban it" are no way to fix the overall problem of the tension we have in the country today. push harder to take these away from *those* people the harder they will now push back simply because of the times we now live in.

i understand we have a huge issue on our hands. being scared and wishing guns away isn't going to work so we need to stop doing that and get specific and to do that you have to first understand the topic at hand. oldlady would be surprised at my own long winded answer for this - and it would not fly with many die hard gun people. but the point here is to find common ground to build off of, not misconceptions to keep the divide going.
Well argued. I agree that terminology is important when writing legislation, so it follows that the public should be acquainted with the specific terminology. Perhaps I was too quick to give sloppy writing a pass with journalists who mention the type of gun in passing. I do believe when the definition of "assault weapon" written into legislation includes semiautomatics with detachable magazines, that is a bonafide definition, though.
More importantly, it is a great way to spin off and run down a rabbit hole that is neither here nor there in relation to the argument at hand, though. It is too frequently used for such.
Overall, though, I agree with your objections.

Forum List

Back