mark of the beast. Mozilla CEO fired over gay marriage stance

On Thursday, Mozilla announced on its website that Eich would be stepping down after a $1,000 contribution that he made in support of California’s anti-gay marriage Proposition 8 ballot initiative in 2008 generated outrage.

Did someone repeal the First Amendment?

Yes, you are apparently subject to the mob of leftists that can determine if you have free speech or not. If it's not their free speech you don't get to say anything.
True, however I was referring to the first part of the 1st Amendment...
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Yes, you are apparently subject to the mob of leftists that can determine if you have free speech or not. If it's not their free speech you don't get to say anything.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

So, what law did did Congress pass that established a religion, or prohibited the free exercise thereof?

On Thursday, Mozilla announced on its website that Eich would be stepping down after a $1,000 contribution that he made in support of California’s anti-gay marriage Proposition 8 ballot initiative in 2008 generated outrage.

No. Someone did something in contrast with his company's stance and was asked to resign.

If he worked for Hobby Lobby and supported contraception, would you be screaming about his free speech rights?
I was referring to his freedom of religion which is also a part of the first amendment.

So, what law did did Congress pass that established a religion, or prohibited the free exercise thereof?

Some judges rulings recently could lead one to believe that religious freedoms rights have been suspended.

Judge Spencer said the view that Phillips’ First Amendment rights are primary “fails to take into account the cost to society and the hurt caused to persons who are denied service simply because of who they are.”

A New Mexico judge ruled that a Christian wedding photographer must surrender her religious beliefs as the price of good citizenship.

Judge: ?Gay rights? trump 1st Amendment

The baker has the freedom of religion, but the store that she runs does not.

Don't open your doors for public business and then tell the public that you don't want to do business with them.

I opposed gay marriage
I belong to a religion that opposes gay marriage
so what....ya going to ban me

Mozilla CEO out over opposition to gay marriage | The Daily Caller
No, we're just going to ban your stupid religion from being able to dictate our nation's laws.

We did this a couple of years ago. You didn't hear?
Bill of Rights Transcript Text

The difference between us is I don't want any religion dictating laws, you want your religion to do so.

Last edited:

It id good that one of the superstars in the tech world can't have an opinion that is contrary to yours?

By the way, when are you going to demand the resignation of that asshole gay hating politician who said, "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage?"

That's just your opinion, which you are free to give.

getting fired as the ceo of mozilla is a reality not an opinion
Facing social repercussions for expressing a stupid opinion is also a reality.

This is called "capitalism". Mozilla weighed the price of the CEO's salary vs the drop in ad revenue caused by the CEO saying something fucking stupid, and the company decided that the CEO was a liability to the company's profits and revenue so he was asked to leave.

Now he can go work for FOX News and explain to everyone how evil totalitarian homosexuals made him lose his job.

Obama had the same opinion as Eich, when is he going to face the societal repercussions for his stupid opinion?

Lol, I love issues like this that have me agreeing with the lefties when the topic has nothing to do with gay marriage or the legalization of marijuana.

Mozilla should be free to hire and fire whoever they want for whatever reason they see fit. Nobody owns Mozilla except the people who own Mozilla, and nobody should be forcing them to run their business by any standards but their own.

Next time someone sues their ex employers after being fired because their Islamic veil was off-putting to potential clients in a very WASPy area, I just hope you lefties are still willing to defend a business for getting rid of someone whose display of the values of their faith was incongruous to the company upholding what they believe to be a profitable image. I'm hoping that such religious discrimination by employers is consistently acceptable. I'd hate to think that you only condone discriminating against Christians. That would make you the same as a racist. It would also make you a hypocrite.

Last edited:
I opposed gay marriage
I belong to a religion that opposes gay marriage
so what....ya going to ban me

Mozilla CEO out over opposition to gay marriage | The Daily Caller
No, we're just going to ban your stupid religion from being able to dictate our nation's laws.

We did this a couple of years ago. You didn't hear?
Bill of Rights Transcript Text

The difference between us is I don't want any religion dictating laws, you want your religion to do so.
You got me there. I'd vote for Dr. Greg Graffin for US President.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9qSMWaeNPc]Bad Religion - The New America (Full Album) - YouTube[/ame]

That's just your opinion, which you are free to give.

getting fired as the ceo of mozilla is a reality not an opinion

This is called "capitalism". Mozilla weighed the price of the CEO's salary vs the drop in ad revenue caused by the CEO saying something fucking stupid, and the company decided that the CEO was a liability to the company's profits and revenue so he was asked to leave.

Now he can go work for FOX News and explain to everyone how evil totalitarian homosexuals made him lose his job.

He didn't say anything. He didn't express an opinion. He made a quiet donation to a cause in 2008.

Conservative companies should start doing a little house cleaning of their own.

I love how you people spin shit. He wasn't fired. He resigned....from the company....that he founded......and still owns.......the people with brains may continue this for those too stupid to figure it out.

No. Someone did something in contrast with his company's stance and was asked to resign.

If he worked for Hobby Lobby and supported contraception, would you be screaming about his free speech rights?
I was referring to his freedom of religion which is also a part of the first amendment.

It's not about his religion. He's free to practice any religion he wants. His supporters say that his freedom of speech is being violated.

Although "money talks", the claim that how one spends that money is "speech" is a bit obtuse. See Citizens United.

You are a very confused individual. That was in '08, Obama supported traditional marriage while running for office. Was it your opinion that it was stupid and did you say so then? That isn't capitalism but political correctness. If supporting traditional marriage is evil or stupid to you, you need to look in the mirror.

Last edited:
I love how you people spin shit. He wasn't fired. He resigned....from the company....that he founded......and still owns.......the people with brains may continue this for those too stupid to figure it out.
Look in the mirror. He resigned to appease the homosexual fascists for the good of the company. The people that made it an issue are the problem.

Forum List

Back