🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass incarceration. Sessions says- Lock em up, throw away the key.

The prisons are too full.

Make the penalty for any drug crime summary execution outside the courtroom - problem solved. Could even cover court costs if tickets were sold at a reasonable price. Just imagine the TV rights bonanza! The Ultimate Reality Show! Side effect? Yeah, it might deter some drug sales/use.
They do this in the Muslim states of Indonesia and Saudi Arabia.

Some assholes simply need to be in jail.

Too bad Crooked Hillary isn't in jail, isn't it? Hopefully she will be soon with Comey out of the way.
2hh3ssy.jpg

Good! We just had a local scumbag sentenced to 70 years in prison for his meth operation/dealing etc. We live in an area with a major north south and east west highway and drug peddlers are using it to bring their poison into the county and I am damn glad our Sheriff is cracking down! He has to serve 56 years before he is eligible for parole.
Where you live sounds like one of those third world countries. Quite shocking that someone gets more time for passing a joint to a pal than someone guilty of manslaughter. Positively primitive.
No its quite nice because we have a meth problem here and we are dealing with it but throwing these scumbags in prison for the rest of their lives. Because hwy 441 runs north south from Georgia to North Carolina about once a month we get some asshole running from cops starting in Ga into NC. The way this asshole was caught is bc he sent 2 young meth addicts to Atlanta to pick up 2 pounds of meth for him.....cops pulled them over on way back to town here. A co worker of my wife,her son was arrested in a meth house its an epidemic here and the majority of us moved here because it was small town America with great schools and a expanding population and with an exploding market of things to do yet just 50 miles from Asheville. I know we had problems with "spice" here as well not too long ago so I am very happy to see the crackdown. We have a new drug court as well JUST for drug cases.

I simply can not take the DEA seriously about anything with their remaining adamant that marijuana remain against federal law, in spite of 26 states having legalized it. The DEA is a joke, and stuck in the last century.

Billy Smith doesn't take them seriously about heroin. He thinks it should be legal. It doesn't matter if you agree. It doesn't matter if the states disagree. Any state law that conflicts with federal law is unconstitutional. The states aren't stopping the feds. The feds are allowing the state's behavior.
And the DEA is a joke and is stuck in the last century, but the opinion of the masses has finally changed. They are finally saying, "Reefer madness is propaganda, and the baby boomer generation is the proof". They cut their teeth on the stuff.

No its quite nice because we have a meth problem here and we are dealing with it but throwing these scumbags in prison for the rest of their lives. Because hwy 441 runs north south from Georgia to North Carolina about once a month we get some asshole running from cops starting in Ga into NC. The way this asshole was caught is bc he sent 2 young meth addicts to Atlanta to pick up 2 pounds of meth for him.....cops pulled them over on way back to town here. A co worker of my wife,her son was arrested in a meth house its an epidemic here and the majority of us moved here because it was small town America with great schools and a expanding population and with an exploding market of things to do yet just 50 miles from Asheville. I know we had problems with "spice" here as well not too long ago so I am very happy to see the crackdown. We have a new drug court as well JUST for drug cases.
right

so this is a local issue

local cops and town & county officials catching these people & local judges trying them; and restoring order in the community

as it should be

no need for the federal government to fuck with trying to tell y'all how to do this shit

right?

Good! We just had a local scumbag sentenced to 70 years in prison for his meth operation/dealing etc. We live in an area with a major north south and east west highway and drug peddlers are using it to bring their poison into the county and I am damn glad our Sheriff is cracking down! He has to serve 56 years before he is eligible for parole.
Where you live sounds like one of those third world countries. Quite shocking that someone gets more time for passing a joint to a pal than someone guilty of manslaughter. Positively primitive.
Murderer Duterte of the Philippines must be held in high regard by yourself. Lordy! Your country has hit rock bottom.

right

so this is a local issue

local cops and town & county officials catching these people & local judges trying them; and restoring order in the community

as it should be

no need for the federal government to fuck with trying to tell y'all how to do this shit

right?
I don't mind the federal government passing the laws and the sentencing guidelines I would prefer every state have a uniform drug laws and sentences but since that will never happen and some states want to coddle criminals then the federal government must pass a universal law for all states to abide by.

Murderer Duterte of the Philippines must be held in high regard by yourself. Lordy! Your country has hit rock bottom.
Absolutely.

I would prefer every state have a uniform drug laws and sentences
no

let's go ahead and leave it how it is

you know, follow the Constitution

THIS is why I am so grateful to have Gorsuch on SCOTUS

There is absolutely no basis in the Constitution to ban a plant unless it is poisonous...
"...promote the general welfare..."

A man addicted to cocaine and morphine for his entire adult life did pretty well...he only revolutionized medicine.

Well, that certainly says it all! ONE out of tens of millions. Perhaps we should have grocery stores stock it right there alongside the allergy medicines!

Yes, promote the general welfare means to protect the public from dangerous, mind-altering drugs.
When do you start lobbying for a return to alcohol prohibition?

So...did you not read the post you quoted, or did you just ignore it?

I would prefer every state have a uniform drug laws and sentences
no

let's go ahead and leave it how it is

you know, follow the Constitution

THIS is why I am so grateful to have Gorsuch on SCOTUS
Why not? By not having that criminals will just commit crimes in states that won't be so harsh as states that would be harsh in sentencing.
Good, let them move to sanctuary cities and states that pass lenient laws

Let them "vote with their feet"

And let them kill their babies in other states as well...

So...did you not read the post you quoted, or did you just ignore it?
70 years is too disproportionate.

I simply can not take the DEA seriously about anything with their remaining adamant that marijuana remain against federal law, in spite of 26 states having legalized it. The DEA is a joke, and stuck in the last century.

Billy Smith doesn't take them seriously about heroin. He thinks it should be legal. It doesn't matter if you agree. It doesn't matter if the states disagree. Any state law that conflicts with federal law is unconstitutional. The states aren't stopping the feds. The feds are allowing the state's behavior.
And the DEA is a joke and is stuck in the last century, but the opinion of the masses has finally changed. They are finally saying, "Reefer madness is propaganda, and the baby boomer generation is the proof". They cut their teeth on the stuff.

I was compelled to put the most erroneous part of your post in bold, with the advice that you should not give up your day job to practice law...

Forum List

Back