🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass incarceration. Sessions says- Lock em up, throw away the key.

What is constitutional about the war on drugs and kicking peoples door down?
whose door is getting kicked down?

and are the Feds doing it?

if local cops wanna raid a meth lab, God bless them

The feds have been losing the war on drugs for 50 years. Their strategy has always been to incarcerate any and all offenders. Having totally lost this war, they want to double down and incarnate even more people. It is kind of like McNamara's strategy to win the war in Vietnam. The obvious solution is to decriminalize most drugs, which would knock the legs out from under the drug cartels, and provide free methadone, and other treatments for addicts. But this means that the moralists in D.C. will have to admit that they lost the war.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Simple enough

Millions of crimes are committed to feed these people's drug habits.

Millions!!!! LOL

Did you run out of fingers and toes to count on lib? /SARCASM

I was too busy counting your “millions” of crimes dick lips.

Your frothing at the mouth hatred is noted.

The feds have been losing the war on drugs for 50 years. Their strategy has always been to incarcerate any and all offenders. Having totally lost this war, they want to double down and incarnate even more people. It is kind of like McNamara's strategy to win the war in Vietnam. The obvious solution is to decriminalize most drugs, which would knock the legs out from under the drug cartels, and provide free methadone, and other treatments for addicts. But this means that the moralists in D.C. will have to admit that they lost the war.

I believe the war on drugs has mostly been WON. Attention has been paid to the extent a whole generation of Xers pretty much went straight. Having to make a living did that for them too, but let's not kid ourselves....there comes a time when an adult starts acting like an adult or doesn't. Build the wall, go after the cartels, teach something but gibberish in the public schools, bring back our jobs, and then tell me how the war is going....that will pretty much settle the issue.

I believe the war on drugs has mostly been WON. Attention has been paid to the extent a whole generation of Xers pretty much went straight. Having to make a living did that for them too, but let's no kid ourselves....there comes a time when an adult starts acting like an adult or doesn't. Build the wall, go after the cartels, teach something but gibberish in the public schools, and then tell me how the war is going....that will pretty much settle the issue.
Build a wall?
I've heard the Mexicans are excellent tunnel builders :2up:

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Simple enough

Millions of crimes are committed to feed these people's drug habits.

Millions!!!! LOL

Did you run out of fingers and toes to count on lib? /SARCASM

I was too busy counting your “millions” of crimes dick lips.

Your frothing at the mouth hatred is noted.

Your millions of brain cells short of working organ dick lips.

Why don't you let a few Portland Junkies stay at your house? Use your shower. give them a room? They are just people that need help right? Practice what you preach........it is only right. Plenty of junkies on the downtown streets up there. do your part.

It worked so well before, why not try it again....
Funny thing. When Mr and Mrs Clinton endorsed locking up "super-predators" crime dropped significantly. I don't give a flying fuck about dudes selling weed or those that choose to smoke, but supporting large narco-terrorists organizations from foreign countries needs to end. No more shipments of weapons to them, and no more protection from prosecution.

Build a wall?

And we're pretty good at burying them alive inside their tunnels....that's the part you don't hear about.
A wall will not help. You can go over it, under it, around it.. and since it probably won't be built, it's not a problem. Drugs do not only enter the country through the Mexican boarder.
That being said- there is really no way to keep people from acquiring drugs. Locking up any citizen who's ever bought or sold is a ridiculous endeavor. The war on drugs is not being "won" and it never will be.

Last edited:

I believe the war on drugs has mostly been WON. Attention has been paid to the extent a whole generation of Xers pretty much went straight. Having to make a living did that for them too, but let's no kid ourselves....there comes a time when an adult starts acting like an adult or doesn't. Build the wall, go after the cartels, teach something but gibberish in the public schools, and then tell me how the war is going....that will pretty much settle the issue.
Build a wall?

ahh......yes. The old party lines. What is easier to defend? A hole in the ground? Or 1000 miles of open desert. Do you have any idea how hard the dirt is out there in that desert? I bet it takes them a year to go 1mile?
Any real fence would have ground detection. Heroin is pouring across these open borders yet no one cares?

Why don't you let a few Portland Junkies stay at your house? Use your shower. give them a room? They are just people that need help right? Practice what you preach........it is only right. Plenty of junkies on the downtown streets up there. do your part.
When we continually put offenders of victimless crimes in jail we are just contuing the cycle. That nonviolent druggie will go in jail and come out a different person who may very well be violent, as serving jail time is about survival.
We are taking good citizens that with the right help can contribute to society and turning them into dangerous criminals.
We are creating the monsters.

Because it worked so well before. We need to end the war on drugs completely. Legalize it and crime will go down.

Build a wall?

ahh......yes. The old party lines. What is easier to defend? A hole in the ground? Or 1000 miles of open desert. Do you have any idea how hard the dirt is out there in that desert? I bet it takes them a year to go 1mile?
Any real fence would have ground detection. Heroin is pouring across these open borders yet no one cares?

More than 100 tunnels found in Nogales, since 1990:

Largest-ever drug tunnel in Nogales found

"The move is a reversal of ex-President Barack Obama's policy to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes.

It means we are going to meet our responsibility to enforce the law with judgment and fairness," Mr Sessions said on Friday. "It is simply the right and moral thing to do."

Mr Sessions' predecessor, Eric Holder, had instructed prosecutors in 2013 to avoid pursuing the maximum punishment for criminals in cases such as minor drug offences, which would have triggered mandatory minimum sentencing.

The 2013 policy also encouraged prosecutors to omit details about drug quantities in cases of non-violent offenders with no previous charges or ties to gangs or cartels to avoid harsher punishments.
Mandatory minimum sentences laws, which were passed in the 1980s and 1990s as part of the US "war on drugs", prevent judges from applying discretion when sentencing certain drug offences and are instead determined by the quantity of drugs involved in the crime.
Mr Obama had sought to ease mandatory minimum sentences to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes and help relieve overcrowded prisons in the US as part of criminal justice reform."

US law boss Sessions orders harsher criminal sentencing - BBC News

"The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners.

Americans are locked up for crimes — from writing bad checks to using drugs — that would rarely produce prison sentences in other countries. And in particular they are kept incarcerated far longer than prisoners in other nations.

Criminologists and legal scholars in other industrialized nations say they are mystified and appalled by the number and length of American prison sentences.

The United States has, for instance, 2.3 million criminals behind bars,
China, which is four times more populous than the United States, is a distant second, with 1.6 million people in prison

If you count only adults, one in 100 Americans is locked up
The only other major industrialized nation that even comes close is Russia, with 627 prisoners for every 100,000 people.
The others have much lower rates. England's rate is 151; Germany's is 88; and Japan's is 63.
(
The median among all nations is about 125, roughly a sixth of the American rate)

Criminologists and legal experts here and abroad point to a tangle of factors to explain America's extraordinary incarceration rate: higher levels of violent crime, harsher sentencing laws, a legacy of racial turmoil, a special fervor in combating illegal drugs, the American temperament, and the lack of a social safety net. Even democracy plays a role, as judges — many of whom are elected, another American anomaly — yield to populist demands for tough justice.
Whatever the reason, the gap between American justice and that of the rest of the world is enormous and growing.

The spike in American incarceration rates is quite recent. From 1925 to 1975, the rate remained stable, around 110 people in prison per 100,000 people. It shot up with the movement to get tough on crime in the late 1970s.

People who commit nonviolent crimes in the rest of the world are less likely to receive prison time and certainly less likely to receive long sentences. The United States is, for instance, the only advanced country that incarcerates people for minor property crimes like passing bad checks, Whitman wrote.

In 1980, there were about 40,000 people in American jails and prisons for drug crimes. These days, there are almost 500,000.
"The U.S. pursues the war on drugs with an ignorant fanaticism," said Stern of King's College.

Still, it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy.

Burglars in the United States serve an average of 16 months in prison, according to Mauer, compared with 5 months in Canada and 7 months in England."
U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations

It's the AGs job to enforce the laws as written, if you don't like it lobby to change the law, don't criticize the man for doing what he's paid and sworn to do.

Forum List

Back