🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass incarceration. Sessions says- Lock em up, throw away the key.

Not Freud...William Stewart Halstead: the father of modern surgery and one of the founders of Johns Hopkins.

As you know, back in the 19th Century (the 1800's) cocaine and other drugs now known to be extremely dangerous were commonly used in numerous concoctions.

For instance:

Use of Stimulants in formula
When launched, Coca-Cola's two key ingredients were cocaine and caffeine. The cocaine was derived from the coca leaf and the caffeine from kola nut, leading to the name Coca-Cola (the "K" in Kola was replaced with a "C" for marketing purposes).[66][67]

Coca – cocaine
Pemberton called for five ounces of coca leaf per gallon of syrup, a significant dose; in 1891, Candler claimed his formula (altered extensively from Pemberton's original) contained only a tenth of this amount. Coca-Cola once contained an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass. (For comparison, a typical dose or "line" of cocaine is 50–75 mg.[68]) In 1903, it was removed.

Coca-Cola - Wikipedia

Cyanide, Strychnine, and Arsenic were commonly used in paint, wallpaper, makeup and pest control in big cities.

Adolph Hitler used crystal meth and it was manufactured in massive quantities for use by the troops. Then they learned of the devastating side effects and addiction.

Y'all can say whatever you want, I am consistent

when I say abortion should be a state issue, I see it the same way as I see drug laws

International and interstate commerce IS a federal issue, whether it is weed of widgets

I want the gub-mint out of my life as much as possible and I want MOST decisions made at the state and local level...

Abortion is not imported from all around the world. It is not part of gang activity reaching to the heart of Chicago's South Side from routes in Central and South America.

Major, major difference.

Good! We just had a local scumbag sentenced to 70 years in prison for his meth operation/dealing etc. We live in an area with a major north south and east west highway and drug peddlers are using it to bring their poison into the county and I am damn glad our Sheriff is cracking down! He has to serve 56 years before he is eligible for parole.
I hear you and I agree that meth needs to be taken out, I am saying it is a local or state issue though, not a federal issue
Why not? If it crosses state lines it turns into one...I prefer universal penalties rather than getting a slap on the wrist in one state and thrown in prison for 50 years in another state for the same crime.

Then what would be the point of having judges? Perhaps just a machine where you type in the offense and it spits out the penalty.

Judges take a lot of things into consideration when judging a case: how the subject interacted with police, how the subject dressed for court, how much respect (or disrespect) the suspect has for the court, how did the suspect treat jailers when being processed.........

In some states, drugs might not be as big of an issue as in other states. If you live in a city where it's a huge growing problem, you might want to sentence those people to the maximum. If it's a small problem with isolated cases, a judge may want to go easy on the defendant as he or she made only one mistake and is no threat to other citizens.

What goes on in NYC is different than what goes on in Omaha Nebraska.

In Michigan you can get up to 4 years for infidelity

In Mississippi you can get a month in jail for swearing in public

In Arizona there is a town you can get 6 months for spitting on the side walk

In iowa you can receive a month behind bars for trying to pass margarine off as butter

In louisiana uou can get 10 years in prison for stealing someone's catfish

In America, how does one even know if they are a criminal or not?! I swear in public all the time!

The 17 strangest laws in America

Dumb Laws: The Strangest Law in Every State | Reader's Digest

Y'all can say whatever you want, I am consistent

when I say abortion should be a state issue, I see it the same way as I see drug laws

International and interstate commerce IS a federal issue, whether it is weed of widgets

I want the gub-mint out of my life as much as possible and I want MOST decisions made at the state and local level...

Abortion is not imported from all around the world. It is not part of gang activity reaching to the heart of Chicago's South Side from routes in Central and South America.

Major, major difference.
The similarly is that neither is identified as a federal responsibility by the Constitution & both should be under the jurisdiction of individual states

18 year old kid just got arrested for this in Louisiana a few weeks ago, telling an old man to fuck off

I shit you not...

Last edited:
18 year old kid just got arrested for this in Louisiana a few weeks ago, telling an old man to fuck off

I shit you not...
If I visited Mississippi and got arrested for swearing id be suing this shit out of the arresting officer, the DA, the judge the state, whoever!!

Last edited:
"The move is a reversal of ex-President Barack Obama's policy to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes.

It means we are going to meet our responsibility to enforce the law with judgment and fairness," Mr Sessions said on Friday. "It is simply the right and moral thing to do."

Mr Sessions' predecessor, Eric Holder, had instructed prosecutors in 2013 to avoid pursuing the maximum punishment for criminals in cases such as minor drug offences, which would have triggered mandatory minimum sentencing.

The 2013 policy also encouraged prosecutors to omit details about drug quantities in cases of non-violent offenders with no previous charges or ties to gangs or cartels to avoid harsher punishments.
Mandatory minimum sentences laws, which were passed in the 1980s and 1990s as part of the US "war on drugs", prevent judges from applying discretion when sentencing certain drug offences and are instead determined by the quantity of drugs involved in the crime.
Mr Obama had sought to ease mandatory minimum sentences to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes and help relieve overcrowded prisons in the US as part of criminal justice reform."

US law boss Sessions orders harsher criminal sentencing - BBC News

"The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners.

Americans are locked up for crimes — from writing bad checks to using drugs — that would rarely produce prison sentences in other countries. And in particular they are kept incarcerated far longer than prisoners in other nations.

Criminologists and legal scholars in other industrialized nations say they are mystified and appalled by the number and length of American prison sentences.

The United States has, for instance, 2.3 million criminals behind bars,
China, which is four times more populous than the United States, is a distant second, with 1.6 million people in prison

If you count only adults, one in 100 Americans is locked up
The only other major industrialized nation that even comes close is Russia, with 627 prisoners for every 100,000 people.
The others have much lower rates. England's rate is 151; Germany's is 88; and Japan's is 63.
(
The median among all nations is about 125, roughly a sixth of the American rate)

Criminologists and legal experts here and abroad point to a tangle of factors to explain America's extraordinary incarceration rate: higher levels of violent crime, harsher sentencing laws, a legacy of racial turmoil, a special fervor in combating illegal drugs, the American temperament, and the lack of a social safety net. Even democracy plays a role, as judges — many of whom are elected, another American anomaly — yield to populist demands for tough justice.
Whatever the reason, the gap between American justice and that of the rest of the world is enormous and growing.

The spike in American incarceration rates is quite recent. From 1925 to 1975, the rate remained stable, around 110 people in prison per 100,000 people. It shot up with the movement to get tough on crime in the late 1970s.

People who commit nonviolent crimes in the rest of the world are less likely to receive prison time and certainly less likely to receive long sentences. The United States is, for instance, the only advanced country that incarcerates people for minor property crimes like passing bad checks, Whitman wrote.

In 1980, there were about 40,000 people in American jails and prisons for drug crimes. These days, there are almost 500,000.
"The U.S. pursues the war on drugs with an ignorant fanaticism," said Stern of King's College.

Still, it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy.

Burglars in the United States serve an average of 16 months in prison, according to Mauer, compared with 5 months in Canada and 7 months in England."
U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations
the party of nothing but repeal and Increased Litigation, strikes again.

"The move is a reversal of ex-President Barack Obama's policy to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes.

It means we are going to meet our responsibility to enforce the law with judgment and fairness," Mr Sessions said on Friday. "It is simply the right and moral thing to do."

Mr Sessions' predecessor, Eric Holder, had instructed prosecutors in 2013 to avoid pursuing the maximum punishment for criminals in cases such as minor drug offences, which would have triggered mandatory minimum sentencing.

The 2013 policy also encouraged prosecutors to omit details about drug quantities in cases of non-violent offenders with no previous charges or ties to gangs or cartels to avoid harsher punishments.
Mandatory minimum sentences laws, which were passed in the 1980s and 1990s as part of the US "war on drugs", prevent judges from applying discretion when sentencing certain drug offences and are instead determined by the quantity of drugs involved in the crime.
Mr Obama had sought to ease mandatory minimum sentences to reduce jail time for low-level drug crimes and help relieve overcrowded prisons in the US as part of criminal justice reform."

"The United States has less than 5 percent of the world's population. But it has almost a quarter of the world's prisoners.

Americans are locked up for crimes — from writing bad checks to using drugs — that would rarely produce prison sentences in other countries. And in particular they are kept incarcerated far longer than prisoners in other nations.

Criminologists and legal scholars in other industrialized nations say they are mystified and appalled by the number and length of American prison sentences.

China, which is four times more populous than the United States, is a distant second, with 1.6 million people in prison

The only other major industrialized nation that even comes close is Russia, with 627 prisoners for every 100,000 people.
The others have much lower rates. England's rate is 151; Germany's is 88; and Japan's is 63.
(
The median among all nations is about 125, roughly a sixth of the American rate)

Criminologists and legal experts here and abroad point to a tangle of factors to explain America's extraordinary incarceration rate: higher levels of violent crime, harsher sentencing laws, a legacy of racial turmoil, a special fervor in combating illegal drugs, the American temperament, and the lack of a social safety net. Even democracy plays a role, as judges — many of whom are elected, another American anomaly — yield to populist demands for tough justice.
Whatever the reason, the gap between American justice and that of the rest of the world is enormous and growing.

The spike in American incarceration rates is quite recent. From 1925 to 1975, the rate remained stable, around 110 people in prison per 100,000 people. It shot up with the movement to get tough on crime in the late 1970s.

People who commit nonviolent crimes in the rest of the world are less likely to receive prison time and certainly less likely to receive long sentences. The United States is, for instance, the only advanced country that incarcerates people for minor property crimes like passing bad checks, Whitman wrote.

In 1980, there were about 40,000 people in American jails and prisons for drug crimes. These days, there are almost 500,000.
"The U.S. pursues the war on drugs with an ignorant fanaticism," said Stern of King's College.

Still, it is the length of sentences that truly distinguishes American prison policy.

Burglars in the United States serve an average of 16 months in prison, according to Mauer, compared with 5 months in Canada and 7 months in England."
the party of nothing but repeal and Increased Litigation, strikes again.
Yea I mean why not make billions off of the poor SOBs that can't afford thousands in bail and lawyer fees. Lock em up, lock em up. You know, the American way. $$$$$$$$
Who cares about their lives, their kids, their communities?

Good! We just had a local scumbag sentenced to 70 years in prison for his meth operation/dealing etc. We live in an area with a major north south and east west highway and drug peddlers are using it to bring their poison into the county and I am damn glad our Sheriff is cracking down! He has to serve 56 years before he is eligible for parole.
I hear you and I agree that meth needs to be taken out, I am saying it is a local or state issue though, not a federal issue
Why not? If it crosses state lines it turns into one...I prefer universal penalties rather than getting a slap on the wrist in one state and thrown in prison for 50 years in another state for the same crime.

Then what would be the point of having judges? Perhaps just a machine where you type in the offense and it spits out the penalty.

Judges take a lot of things into consideration when judging a case: how the subject interacted with police, how the subject dressed for court, how much respect (or disrespect) the suspect has for the court, how did the suspect treat jailers when being processed.........

In some states, drugs might not be as big of an issue as in other states. If you live in a city where it's a huge growing problem, you might want to sentence those people to the maximum. If it's a small problem with isolated cases, a judge may want to go easy on the defendant as he or she made only one mistake and is no threat to other citizens.

What goes on in NYC is different than what goes on in Omaha Nebraska.

We have judges because we never had the possibility of a machine that would spit out the sentence. We're moving in that direction. In 20 years, judges and juries might no longer be in existence.

(

You Libtard Moon Bats love big intrusive government but then complain about it being intrusive.

Burglars should be in prison for years. Not months. It's insane. And I can't believe there are sane people who argue that it's discriminatory to incarcerate fucking criminals.

Which is why we need nuthouses. Obviously, we have a problem in this country. And it's not just the criminals.
When certain colored criminals get 3 months for rape and a certain colored criminal gets years for a victimless crime it's discrimination.

Try to say yes sir, no sir.... It might help in front of a cop or judge, you ever think of that?

(

You Libtard Moon Bats love big intrusive government but then complain about it being intrusive.
Mass incarceration is not intrusive. It is abusive.

Some assholes simply need to be in jail.

Too bad Crooked Hillary isn't in jail, isn't it? Hopefully she will be soon with Comey out of the way.

Burglars should be in prison for years. Not months. It's insane. And I can't believe there are sane people who argue that it's discriminatory to incarcerate fucking criminals.

Which is why we need nuthouses. Obviously, we have a problem in this country. And it's not just the criminals.
When certain colored criminals get 3 months for rape and a certain colored criminal gets years for a victimless crime it's discrimination.

Try to say yes sir, no sir.... It might help in front of a cop or judge, you ever think of that?

I am always polite and compliant with police. My grandfather was an officer his whole life.
But I have still faced abuse at the hands of the police. Yes sir no sit doesn't cut it with a dirty cop.

Some assholes simply need to be in jail.

Too bad Crooked Hillary isn't in jail, isn't it? Hopefully she will be soon with Comey out of the way.
You spelled drumpf wrong, but yes it's coming soon.

How much America's prisons are costing you each year

"Broken down by inmate, the average charge to taxpayers for each prison inmate in these state prisons was
$31,286. Some states paid far more per prisoner and some paid less. The annual cost per inmate was highest in the state of New York at $60,076. Kentucky paid the least at an average $14,603 per inmate. The Vera Institute points out that the amount of spending does not necessarily reflect whether a state spends effectively.

How much taxpayer money goes toward covering an average federal inmate? In 2014, the Bureau of Prisons reported that the average cost for a federal inmate was
$30,619.85 per year or $83.89 per day. In 2017, there are 188,722 prisoners in federal prisons and jails. That makes for a total annual expense of more than $5.78 billion per year."

If I visited Mississippi and got arrested for swearing id be suing this shit out of the arresting officer, the DA, the judge the state, whoever!!
272b82c92c10ec2d9bde7406edb3077811b29ef205a7c5432a51f77c0665f840.jpg

Where you live sounds like one of those third world countries. Quite shocking that someone gets more time for passing a joint to a pal than someone guilty of manslaughter. Positively primitive.

Forum List

Back