🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass incarceration. Sessions says- Lock em up, throw away the key.

Whores and dealers don't pay Taxes. There is crime for the user to get $120/day for an 8-ball of white. Users are not usually holding jobs. Where the cash come from? Pawn shop selling your laptop?
Users don't usually hold jobs? You're a nut. Coke is huge among business men.
Meh, not so much and not for long

Coke destroys lives
It can destroy lives.
I managed a restaurant in my early 20s and use to have employees that would literally sniff coke off our bathroom sinks. Come in and work our grill on acid come in drunk etc
Point is users are found in our workforce as well as our streets.
Oh, I know functional addicts as well, but successful people that are addicts are an extreme exception
We're not talking successful, just functional.
So they can carry a plate without dropping it?

I get it, I worked f& b for a minute & even tended bar in a "Gentleman's Club" in the ATL - cocaine is some bad shit

I'm lucky it was not my DOC, "there but for the grace of God go I"...

Where do you get the idea that drug dealers have some sort of code of ethics that says they only deal in "harmless" marijuana? Why do you think the rampant expanding use of opioids is a victimless crime? Where do the druggies get the money?
Our government does not want to stop the drug trade

I know this because if we REALLY wanted to stop it, we would

I agree that heavy drugs should remain illegal, but only at the state level

Separation of powers and all of that

But I also think we should allow people to make their own decisions

This is a tough issue all the way around - locking everyone up and fighting a "war on drugs" isn't working, so where do we go from here?

Impossible for drugs to be a state only issue. Drugs come into our country from dozens of different locations. To think Illinois can fight drugs coming into that state from Mexico due to major drug cartels is foolish. Drugs come to Atlanta by way of Florida and our 1,350 miles of coastline. They use everything from high-speed boats, to trawlers, to innocent looking pleasure or fishing boats even custom made submarines. They unload from larger ships onto shore bound vessels.

How does the State of Illinois or Georgia fight the influx of drugs from other states?

2310c1c5-9e78-4aea-a821-7a274cd073b3_zpsdati03ug.jpg

It is so fucking funny to behold the very same people whining about how much they hate government supporting this shit. We're already the most imprisoned nation on earth and you pieces of shit want to lock people up by the millions for smoking a freaking leaf? Fascist all.

We should be cutting the law book in half but of course you don't give a shit about anyone besides the super rich.
If we just shot them, potheads wouldn't be filling the prisons.
Why don't you go start that plan and let us know how it turns out
Fortunately murderers still serve more time than potheads
I mean as a government policy. Personally, I ignore them as much as possible. When I find someone in an alley, I just let them lay there.

Jail whomever you want…just be prepared to pay for it; about $32,000 a year for a basic inmate. They need dialysis…you’re on the hook for that too.

In all likelihood you’ll see reported crime rates drop dramatically in the near term (3-5 years). The reason? Because people without their paperwork in order or no paperwork showing their citizenry will no longer report crimes. Are you really going to risk being deported back to Honduras or wherever to report your cell phone being stolen or your boyfriend assaulting you?

The stupid among us (Trump enablers) will herald the stats.

Whores and dealers don't pay Taxes. There is crime for the user to get $120/day for an 8-ball of white. Users are not usually holding jobs. Where the cash come from? Pawn shop selling your laptop?
Users don't usually hold jobs? You're a nut. Coke is huge among business men.
Meh, not so much and not for long

Coke destroys lives
A man addicted to cocaine and morphine for his entire adult life did pretty well...he only revolutionized medicine.
Freud?

OR someone else?

Again, the exception, not the rule

Plus, coming from wealth changes the dynamic in a major way

Impossible for drugs to be a state only issue. Drugs come into our country from dozens of different locations. To think Illinois can fight drugs coming into that state from Mexico due to major drug cartels is foolish.
That's a fair and valid point, I am speaking mostly of laws that deal with personal use, should not be a federal issue

Importation of drugs IS a federal issue though

So I am 100% on board with using the might and resources of the federal government to fight that - that also goes for any commerce across state lines

But we should not be prosecuting recreational drug use on a federal level ever

Not Freud...William Stewart Halstead: the father of modern surgery and one of the founders of Johns Hopkins.
Not familiar with him

My bet is he grew up wealthy

I also would bet that he picked up his drug habits in his late 20s or later

Doesn't matter either way, he is the exception

Good! We just had a local scumbag sentenced to 70 years in prison for his meth operation/dealing etc. We live in an area with a major north south and east west highway and drug peddlers are using it to bring their poison into the county and I am damn glad our Sheriff is cracking down! He has to serve 56 years before he is eligible for parole.

The prisons are too full.

Make the penalty for any drug crime summary execution outside the courtroom - problem solved. Could even cover court costs if tickets were sold at a reasonable price. Just imagine the TV rights bonanza! The Ultimate Reality Show! Side effect? Yeah, it might deter some drug sales/use.

There is absolutely no basis in the Constitution to ban a plant unless it is poisonous...
"...promote the general welfare..."

A man addicted to cocaine and morphine for his entire adult life did pretty well...he only revolutionized medicine.

Well, that certainly says it all! ONE out of tens of millions. Perhaps we should have grocery stores stock it right there alongside the allergy medicines!

Yes, promote the general welfare means to protect the public from dangerous, mind-altering drugs.

Good! We just had a local scumbag sentenced to 70 years in prison for his meth operation/dealing etc. We live in an area with a major north south and east west highway and drug peddlers are using it to bring their poison into the county and I am damn glad our Sheriff is cracking down! He has to serve 56 years before he is eligible for parole.
I hear you and I agree that meth needs to be taken out, I am saying it is a local or state issue though, not a federal issue

Y'all can say whatever you want, I am consistent

when I say abortion should be a state issue, I see it the same way as I see drug laws

International and interstate commerce IS a federal issue, whether it is weed of widgets

I want the gub-mint out of my life as much as possible and I want MOST decisions made at the state and local level...

It is so fucking funny to behold the very same people whining about how much they hate government supporting this shit. We're already the most imprisoned nation on earth and you pieces of shit want to lock people up by the millions for smoking a freaking leaf? Fascist all.

We should be cutting the law book in half but of course you don't give a shit about anyone besides the super rich.
If we just shot them, potheads wouldn't be filling the prisons.
Why don't you go start that plan and let us know how it turns out
Fortunately murderers still serve more time than potheads
I mean as a government policy. Personally, I ignore them as much as possible. When I find someone in an alley, I just let them lay there.
Well aren't you just a great human being.

I hear you and I agree that meth needs to be taken out, I am saying it is a local or state issue though, not a federal issue
Why not? If it crosses state lines it turns into one...I prefer universal penalties rather than getting a slap on the wrist in one state and thrown in prison for 50 years in another state for the same crime.

.I prefer universal penalties rather than getting a slap on the wrist in one state and thrown in prison for 50 years in another state for the same crime.
and I prefer to limit the scope of the federal government

plus, as I have already stated, when it crosses state lines, it becomes a federal issue

lastly, there is a difference between trafficking & personal use, even for meth

prosecutions and enforcement on use need to be local

So you're against arresting drug dealers and giving them long sentences?

A better way to make America Great would be to put the dealers out of business by legalizing, growing here, employing Americans here, who pay taxes here.... and stiffen up on some of the "repeat addicts" with boot camps.

I dont have a problem with pot.
I do however have a problem with those who sell highly addictive drugs like coke or heroin.
That shit destroys lives.
So, you must support a return to alcohol prohibition, then?

Or are you just a hypocrite?

How do you come to that conclusion?
Reread the post I quoted, very carefully, and think hard.

There's really no reason.
I dont agree with prohibition and I dont agree with illegal pot.

Forum List

Back