🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass incarceration. Sessions says- Lock em up, throw away the key.

You think jail is a safe place lol? The longer she is there the higher the chance of her being hurt or killed by other inmates.
I suggest we get rid of private prisons- no one should be profiting off their neighbors loss of freedom. Break a law go to a gov prison.
I suggest we review sentence durations. Our punishments don't fit the crime.
I suggest we get rid of minimum sentences and trust our judges to use their best judgement.
I suggest we look at programs prisoners transition to after their sentence- are we just dropping excons back into the same situation that lead then to crime or are we preparing them to be contributing members of society?
I also would like to see much more attention on the discrepancies of arrests and sentencing among the races.
- are we just dropping excons back into the same situation that lead then to crime or are we preparing them to be contributing members of society?

Sorry, but you have NO idea how many times I saw the same face come back to the prison after they were released.

Hard to get them to change their ways, when they enjoy doing the things that get them locked up
I agree when someone serves time they are more likely to return to jail. But why?
Bad people are entering jail and coming out worse people. How can we break that cycle?
That's why I think that the programs used in transitioning convicts back into society should be reviewed, are they just getting dumped in the same circumstances or can we get some job training, some educational programs, something that would make their odds at assimilation higher.

most convicts have 3 stories

The one that put them in jail,

the one they tell their fellow convicts,

and the one they tell the parole board, to get a lighter sentence.
I get the distinct feeling that Aries has a personal understanding of this.

Just sayin.
From what I've seen of her posts, she has no understanding of it at all.
So which is it guys? Can't even decide how to insult me? Well this is new....

Why do you lie so much?
Says here Sessions is going after dealers not users.
Sessions issues sweeping new criminal charging policy
Please quote my "lie"
As I just did yours

So you're against arresting drug dealers and giving them long sentences?
Good question.
Should a kid selling pot to their college friends face years in prison? Absolutely not. No harm, no victim.
Should a poor guy selling pot on their "block" face years in prison? Absolutely not.

Should a heroin dealer? yes- heroin kills people.

Still with t he false narrative, I see.
how is my personal opinion a false narrative? lol

By your opinion being false and a narration.......

Sorry, but you have NO idea how many times I saw the same face come back to the prison after they were released.

Hard to get them to change their ways, when they enjoy doing the things that get them locked up
I agree when someone serves time they are more likely to return to jail. But why?
Bad people are entering jail and coming out worse people. How can we break that cycle?
That's why I think that the programs used in transitioning convicts back into society should be reviewed, are they just getting dumped in the same circumstances or can we get some job training, some educational programs, something that would make their odds at assimilation higher.

Just sayin.

Usually people who screech about poor pitiful druggies in jail have rap sheets themselves.
I have never been arrested.

Just sayin.

Usually people who screech about poor pitiful druggies in jail have rap sheets themselves.

Congratulations!

Please quote my "lie"
As I just did yours

Good question.
Should a kid selling pot to their college friends face years in prison? Absolutely not. No harm, no victim.
Should a poor guy selling pot on their "block" face years in prison? Absolutely not.

so you think pot dealers and heroin dealers should face the same sentencing? Thats your opinion or in the alternative dictionary- your false narrative?

I do however have a problem with those who sell highly addictive drugs like coke or heroin.
That shit destroys lives.

So does OxyContin, Perkaset, Lore Tab etc....

all the stuff that has flooded our high schools since JEFF SESSIONS voted to SOCIALIZE SENIOR DRUGS in 2004, which was THE LAST STRAW to break as I switched from GOP to Libertarian.

Socializing senior drugs ---- by the GOP--- complete with LYING ABOUT THE COST to ram it through...

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/07/u...l-threatened-actuary-over-cost-drug.html?_r=0

"An internal investigation by the Department of Health and Human Services confirms that the top Medicare official threatened to fire the program's chief actuary if he told Congress that drug benefits would probably cost much more than the White House acknowledged.

A report on the investigation, issued Tuesday, says the administrator of Medicare, Thomas A. Scully, issued the threat to Richard S. Foster while lawmakers were considering huge changes in the program last year. As a result, Mr. Foster's cost estimate did not become known until after the legislation was enacted.

But neither the threat nor the withholding of information violated any criminal law, the report said. It accepted the Justice Department's view that Mr. Scully had ''the final authority to determine the flow of information to Congress.'' Moreover, it said, the actuary ''had no authority to disclose information independently to Congress.''"

What exactly does socializing senior drugs have to do with people selling narcotics?

And no, you can't block me from commenting.
She can put you on ignore...

but that only prevents her from seeing your posts
I know.
It doesn't prevent me from commenting on her posts or in her threads, however, lol.

She can't debate, so she wants to block the discussion. Typical.
you were trolling not discussing that's why I would have liked to block you. Just like the disruptive kid in class, you detract from everyone else's experience and ability to actually discuss.

you need to live a little..

bc4ed991691d8033d4422fdfad8560b7_i-sleep-in-till-noon-because-im-a-problem-solver-justpost-problem-solver-meme_540-360.jpeg

It bullshit lies.

Governor Moonbeam released one hell of a lot more than "low level drug offenders".

Please quote my "lie"
As I just did yours

Good question.

Which is why Sessions said prosecutors have the discretion for which crimes to charge.
but to always go after the max sentence. Thats BS. I think that just because someone shouldn't receive the max doesn't mean they shouldn't be charged, they still committed the crime right? How about our punishments match our crime? Better solution.

It is the job of prosecutors to pursue the maximum sentence for the crime committed.

It's the job of the defense to argue that sentence, and it's the job of the judge and the jury to determine what an appropriate sentence is.

I think the judge and jury should have discretion. But when a person is convicted, and sentenced, they should have to serve the entire sentence.

Which is what I've been saying all along. You just aren't equipped to understand.
my understanding was the prosecutors, defense, judge, and jury were all out for justice? No?

Just sayin.

Congratulations!
Thank you?

I have committed minor crimes as a young person (IE smoking marijuana) But as a little white girl I never got in trouble for it.
Can't say the same about my minority counterparts.

here is the problem I have, making this a "racial issue"

this is not about race, has not been for quite some time, it is about socio-economics

wealthy people get "better justice" - they always have

I will give you a personal example

I got arrested for a DUI in Atlanta back in 2000 or 2001

the ACDC was a very interesting place (Atlanta City Detention Center)

Atlanta, GA is AT LEAST 70% black & was at that time as well. The mayor, police chief & most of the city council arer black folks, or most of them are anyway...

So yes, I DID feel like a piece of cotton in the coal mine that night. There were people in there for FARE EVASION, there were definitely a bunch in there for possesion of small amounts of weed (likea joint)

I saw a guy get SIXTY days for "fare evasion" (IE - hoping the rail onto the MARTA train without buying a token)

But the thing is, black folks run that damn city - so it ain't "whitey" bringing the hammer.

Again, it is a class issue. I can promise you this, if my 16 year old son get arrested for a petty deal like that, he WOULD NOT get 60 days.

Another thing, if there was actual "equity in sentencing" & wealthier people faced the same amount of jail as poor people do, laws would be re-written

Good question.

so you think pot dealers and heroin dealers should face the same sentencing? Thats your opinion or in the alternative dictionary- your false narrative?

Nope never said that. Not my narrative. Here's mine:
Criminals belong in jail so they won't be able to continue to hurt people. It is why we have prisons. To isolate them from us. If a murderer is sitting in a cell, he is not out killing another. That is my narrative, and it must be the general consensus because we have prisons for that very purpose.
I have yet to weigh in on the degree of criminality that should accompany various drugs of choice.

I have committed minor crimes as a young person (IE smoking marijuana) But as a little white girl I never got in trouble for it.
Can't say the same about my minority counterparts.

here is the problem I have, making this a "racial issue"

this is not about race, has not been for quite some time, it is about socio-economics

wealthy people get "better justice" - they always have

I will give you a personal example

I got arrested for a DUI in Atlanta back in 2000 or 2001

the ACDC was a very interesting place (Atlanta City Detention Center)

Atlanta, GA is AT LEAST 70% black & was at that time as well. The mayor, police chief & most of the city council arer black folks, or most of them are anyway...

So yes, I DID feel like a piece of cotton in the coal mine that night. There were people in there for FARE EVASION, there were definitely a bunch in there for possesion of small amounts of weed (likea joint)

I saw a guy get SIXTY days for "fare evasion" (IE - hoping the rail onto the MARTA train without buying a token)

But the thing is, black folks run that damn city - so it ain't "whitey" bringing the hammer.

Again, it is a class issue. I can promise you this, if my 16 year old son get arrested for a petty deal like that, he WOULD NOT get 60 days.

Another thing, if there was actual "equity in sentencing" & wealthier people faced the same amount of jail as poor people do, laws would be re-written
it is a class issue but in America that undeniably affects minorities disproportionately.

It starts early. Single mothers paid to breed. Many of those Children then run wild in packs. Schools are not any help, the inmates run those asylums. To decrease this large criminal block party? Start early, uniforms, disipline, long days of real education. zero tolerance. Paddling.....wharever it takes. FBI stats prove it is not working now. We know who commits the murders, violent crimes, assults and burgalry.

As-is now? Only hope is first offense boot-camp. Military? Or some form of jail/learning center. If you don't play nice.......zero tolerance. Lock up till you learn. You will learn or die in solitary confinement. It is up to them which way to go.

Last edited:
Good question.

Nope never said that. Not my narrative. Here's mine:
Criminals belong in jail so they won't be able to continue to hurt people. It is why we have prisons. To isolate them from us. If a murderer is sitting in a cell, he is not out killing another. That is my narrative, and it must be the general consensus because we have prisons for that very purpose.
I have yet to weigh in on the degree of criminality that should accompany various drugs of choice.
I understand that. Here's where your confusion comes in...
I compared a victimless crime to a crime that could potentially be attempted murder.
Pot vs Heroin dealers.
I said the victimless criminal should not be facing years, while the attempted murder should be.
You called it a false narrative. (which contradicts your more current statements)
If by your logic, sending people to jail is to protect us, wouldn't a victimless crimes deserve MUCH smaller sentences?

It starts early. Single mothers paid to breed. Many of those Children then run wild in packs. Schools are not any help, the inmates run those asylums. To decrease this large criminal block party? Start early, uniforms, disipline, long days of real education. zero tolerance. Paddling.....wharever it takes. FBI stats prove it is not working now. We know who commits the murders, violent crimes, assults and burgalry.

As-is now? Only hope is first offense boot-camp. Military? Or some form of jail/learning center. If you don't play nice.......zero tolerance. Lock up till you learn. You will learn or die in solitary confinement. It Iis up to them which way to go.
do you think that violent crimes and victimless crimes should be treated differently?

Forum List

Back