Mass shooting: At Least 11 Shot At Gilroy Garlic Festival

a Baseball bat is a bat typically used in Baseball.

Am assault rifle of a rifle typically used in military assaults.

An Asaault type rifle is a rifle that resembles an assault rifle.

A Maga hat is a hat worn by dumbasses.

Tell me, tard - which of the following is an "assault rifle"?

View attachment 271777

View attachment 271778
Both are effective in slaughtering first graders

Progressive government power, like what you want, has murdered over 100,000,000 people in the last 100 years.

YOUR political ideology is the most violent, vile, and murderous philosophy ever created. Our Founding Fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment so that we would be able to keep murderous swine, like you, from committing your crimes.
Our Founders were the Progressives of their times, for the most part. The Tories were the conservatives. As for why the 2nd was written...most folks agree it was a valid attempt to empower the people..and save the Govt. the expense of funding a standing army. As most of us know..the 2nd really is a militia amendment. I agree with the right to bear arms...as I agree with the right of Govt. to regulate said possession for the public weal. As it so happen, the Supreme Court agrees.

It's all moot, for the most part..but do go on about what a group of White men 250 years ago intended for our times.

Progressive--Regressive---all the same tired shyte used to manipulate the masses. FYI..masses..that's you I'm talking about. Along with all the knee-jerk hacks on both sides...who are used with such success to maintain the stranglehold that our masters have on our lives.

No, they were the liberals. LIBERTY from government. Do some research before you make a fool of yourself again.

Progressive polices are STATIST. The opposite of liberal.
***yawn*** You are so glib with your terms..and so butt ignorant with your lack of insight and your knowledge of history. Freedom from govt. you say? Yet their very first acts were to form a govt.--never-mind that most of them would have been happy staying with England until eternity--had England been smart enough to give them seats in Parliament and an American Peerage. One of the oddities of the American Revolution is that unlike so many others..it was a revolt of the Merchants and Landowners--the nascent middle class of the times. The masses were used, abused, and fooled. As soon the the war was over..the ruling elite created things like the Electoral College and the granting of Representative govt. based on slave populations to dilute the power of the masses and concentrate power just where they wanted it.

I note with amusement your inability to actually address what I had to say..and find some nit-picky bs about terms.

Your calling me a fool is a compliment..for if we agreed..I'd have to seriously check my conclusions.

Police responded to the festival grounds around 5:30PM. Around 11 people were reportedly shot. One of them has died.

Never knew there was a garlic festival, prayers go to the victims.

MASS SHOOTING: At Least 11 Shot At Gilroy Garlic Festival - Breaking911
A small price to pay for our Second Amendment Freedoms

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims

It has nothing to do with a "price paid for our 2nd A rights"

This is a kind of event that can take anywhere, even places that don't have a 2nd Amendment. Places like Paris France in the fall of 2015. Or in the Tremendous Republic of Mexico.
Actually, in OECD nations other than ours, this kind of thing happens far, far, far less. Precisely because of their gun laws.
Nope..because of their culture. Their laws are a reflection of their culture. Just as our laws..or the lack thereof..are a reflection of our culture--as is the propensity for violent solutions. As we men learn very early...a punch is often the best response..and anger is a great default emotion.

It is no mistake that violence is more abhorred in countries such as England...and sex not as big a deal. 'Bloody' is pejorative there..but not here, eh?

Anyway..my point is simple..the laws will never change..until and unless the culture does. I'm not seeing that happening for a very long time.

The one thing that unites us as a people and a culture is our love of violence as a solution. Individuals may decry it...politicians may whine..and party faithful rush to their pre-prepared positions--it does not really matter..because it's all just a show...Kabuki theater meant to soothe our sensibilities, while nothing changes. Period.

Every human is capable of unspeakable evilness. To deny this about oneself is to give oneself permission to create mayhem.
It is true..however..it is also true that some are more likely than others to fall into the abyss. The ultimate permission to create hell on earth is victim-hood..for a person who perceives of themselves as a victim uses that as a permission giver. I sure that right until that bullet ended this shooter's life..he felt the victim.

Actually, in OECD nations other than ours, this kind of thing happens far, far, far less. Precisely because of their gun laws.
Nope..because of their culture. Their laws are a reflection of their culture. Just as our laws..or the lack thereof..are a reflection of our culture--as is the propensity for violent solutions. As we men learn very early...a punch is often the best response..and anger is a great default emotion.

It is no mistake that violence is more abhorred in countries such as England...and sex not as big a deal. 'Bloody' is pejorative there..but not here, eh?

Anyway..my point is simple..the laws will never change..until and unless the culture does. I'm not seeing that happening for a very long time.

The one thing that unites us as a people and a culture is our love of violence as a solution. Individuals may decry it...politicians may whine..and party faithful rush to their pre-prepared positions--it does not really matter..because it's all just a show...Kabuki theater meant to soothe our sensibilities, while nothing changes. Period.

Points all very well made. Still, and I expect to stand corrected, I find your argument is a complete failure. The main reason for it is, you talk about the U.S. as if folks were all of just one "culture".

When, in fact, recent developments - most notably a dwindling number of gun owners owning an ever increasing number of guns - demonstrate that there are at least two cultures, and that the anti-gun / gun-regulation portion of the population is gaining strength. The recent struggles of the NRA to fund their operations is yet another bit that should give you pause.

All told, the good old U.S. of A. may catch up to the civilized world, in which Rambo isn't seen as a role model and a conflict solution strategy, and faster than you think. That misperception is not without reason, since the gun-toting nitwits still carry the biggest megaphones, and the NRA still has a voter mobilization organization to be reckoned with. Still, the 2nd Amendment is safe, for the time being. All the while support for reasonable gun regulation is growing. Who, remember, thought that gay marriage would be a thing 20 years ago? Next to no one. And suddenly it happened. Also, 15 years ago even hinting at gun regulation during a campaign would be seen as lethal. Today, not so much.

So, what I am trying to say, culture is fluid, more fluid than ever, and the young, after Parkland, are alert and motivated. Have courage! The old geezers bitterly clinging to their guns, and boasting about the numbers and sizes of their ersatz penises on these deplorable threads, will soon enough discover the caravan passed by and is disappearing over the horizon toward a future with much reduced gun violence.

So what? He was obviously very troubled. Why the rush to point fingers and put him on the Left or Right team? What do you think that proves?
Guess you haven't noticed but the left quickly jumps on the blame train
Another mass killing by a white supremacist. You must be disappointed. You were hoping for a Hispanic or better yet an illegal Hispanic
White supremacist /Antifa what different does it make?

Your right there, both groups seem to be on the payroll of CNN
you caught me in mid post
leftist have no problem defending Antifa you will not find right wingers defending White supremacist
Why would anybody from the right defend white supremasists? There’s good people on that side right? ;-)

A small price to pay for our Second Amendment Freedoms

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims

It has nothing to do with a "price paid for our 2nd A rights"

This is a kind of event that can take anywhere, even places that don't have a 2nd Amendment. Places like Paris France in the fall of 2015. Or in the Tremendous Republic of Mexico.

Every human is capable of unspeakable evilness. To deny this about oneself is to give oneself permission to create mayhem.
It is true..however..it is also true that some are more likely than others to fall into the abyss. The ultimate permission to create hell on earth is victim-hood..for a person who perceives of themselves as a victim uses that as a permission giver. I sure that right until that bullet ended this shooter's life..he felt the victim.
Yep that’s depression for ya. Hopelessness, anger, frustration, victim hood, not giving a shit... of course there are other mental conditions that cause all kinds of emotions. Can’t be sure what’s going on in somebody else’s head.

The ultimate permission to create hell on earth is victim-hood..for a person who perceives of themselves as a victim uses that as a permission giver.

Yes, yes, yes. Truer words... A permission giver, and excuse for, a justification of the most vicious violence - after all, who would begrudge a victim's self-defense? It's also the most prevalent political tool, waving the victim card, on one's own or, even better vicariously, on behalf of just about anyone even scratched by the forces of "evil". There is also no better way to dehumanize those who did this vicious thing to the victim, and to declare open season on Them. A victim and his / her (!) bloody shirt are powerful "things".

Anyone surprised that this idiot was a white supremacist?

What we know about California festival shooter Santino William Legan

Legan posted two photos on Instagram not long before the attack.

One photo depicted Smokey the Bear in front of a "fire danger" sign, with a caption that said to read the 19th century book "Might is Right," a work that claims race determines behavior and is popular among white nationalists and far-right extremist groups.

Legan's since-deleted Instagram account says he is Italian and Iranian. Minutes before the shooting, he had posted a photo from the festival saying, "Ayyy garlic festival time" and "come get wasted on overpriced (stuff)."
If he was a white supremacist....it was about time! It is so tiresome reading about Prog nutjobs without really reading about them.

It’s not that difficult, you just need to go through the process and show you understand gun safety and dont pose a threat. I don’t think it’s unreasonable
I do. It is completely unreasonable by U.S. Constitution standards. If that is the process the left desires, they need to legally and properly amend the U.S. Constitution.
It’s the process the state of california and it’s people want
Doesn’t matter. If the people of Alabama wanted to lynch African-Americans, would that be ok? If the constitution doesn’t permit it - then it doesn’t matter what the people of California want.
Do you believe anybody should be able to walk into a school carrying a gun? Cruise into a high school basketball game holding an AR?
I’ll answer your question as soon as you answer mine - which was asked first. If the people of Alabama wanted to lynch African-Americans and got the votes to do it, would that be ok with you?

So what?! I’m not seeing your point. If I want to get a cc I can go get one. It’s not a big deal.
The left: “Taking $200 class, having a background check, needing a CCW permit holder to vouch for you, and having to pass tests for a permit is not a big deal”.

Also the left: “What...you want a voter to produce ID?!? No African-American in the world has ID nor do they know how to obtain one. This is racist and a monumental violation of constitutional rights”.
I got no problem with the CCW process and I have no problem with voter ID. How about you stick to my arguments and not bring in the strawman
I didn’t bring in a “strawman”. I never said “Slade”. I said “the left” (look above - I’ve even bolded it in blue for you).

I was 100% accurate

It’s not that difficult, you just need to go through the process and show you understand gun safety and dont pose a threat. I don’t think it’s unreasonable
I do. It is completely unreasonable by U.S. Constitution standards. If that is the process the left desires, they need to legally and properly amend the U.S. Constitution.
It’s the process the state of california and it’s people want
Doesn’t matter. If the people of Alabama wanted to lynch African-Americans, would that be ok? If the constitution doesn’t permit it - then it doesn’t matter what the people of California want.
Do you believe anybody should be able to walk into a school carrying a gun? Cruise into a high school basketball game holding an AR?
I’ll answer your question as soon as you answer mine - which was asked first. If the people of Alabama wanted to lynch African-Americans and got the votes to do it, would that be ok with you?
Apologies, I didn’t mean to ignore your question. No I would not support lynching African Americans in Alabama.

Prayers up for families of those who were killed, and for those who were traumatized and injured in Gilroy today.
Prayers won't bring back the six year old boy murdered by another inhuman monster with a gun.
Nope. But had that 6-year old boy not lived in an unconstitutional shit-hole like California, the people with him would have had a gun on them and prevented the shooting.

But hey, like all leftists, you prefer ideology over reality. And that’s why people die.

So what?! I’m not seeing your point. If I want to get a cc I can go get one. It’s not a big deal.
The left: “Taking $200 class, having a background check, needing a CCW permit holder to vouch for you, and having to pass tests for a permit is not a big deal”.

Also the left: “What...you want a voter to produce ID?!? No African-American in the world has ID nor do they know how to obtain one. This is racist and a monumental violation of constitutional rights”.
I got no problem with the CCW process and I have no problem with voter ID. How about you stick to my arguments and not bring in the strawman
I didn’t bring in a “strawman”. I never said “Slade”. I said “the left” (look above - I’ve even bolded it in blue for you).

I was 100% accurate
Well I’m on the so called “left”, so I’m gonna push back when the generalizations get used in conversations. What’s the point?

Apologies, I didn’t mean to ignore your question. No I would not support lynching African Americans in Alabama.
So we can agree that “the people of X want Y” is not a reasonable argument by any measure. So let’s avoid that in the future.

Now, to answer your question, yes - I absolutely approve of the constitutional right to walk into a school with a firearm.

What’s funny is that it’s 100% legal to carry firearms in public parks (and I do). So the children are already around the firearms. It’s just that the left doesn’t realize it. :laugh:

Well I’m on the so called “left”, so I’m gonna push back when the generalizations get used in conversations. What’s the point?
The point is that the comment was 100% accurate. The left overwhelmingly believes that voter ID is an obstacle that cannot be overcome.

You are not the litmus test for the left. Just because you feel a certain way doesn’t mean the rest on the left feels the same way.

Nope. But had that 6-year old boy not lived in an unconstitutional shit-hole like California, the people with him would have had a gun on them and prevented the shooting.

But hey, like all leftists, you prefer ideology over reality. And that’s why people die.

Yeah, nobody knows what's really going on, and upon hearing shots everybody brandishes a gun, and the "good guys with a gun" but without much by way of training are killing each other off, not to mention scores of kids and other bystanders because they couldn't hit a garage door from 20 feet away while hearing shots fired in anger.

You are a first rate know-nothing idiot - the NRA propaganda microwaved your brain into a peanut-sized lump of grease.

So we can agree that “the people of X want Y” is not a reasonable argument by any measure. So let’s avoid that in the future.

Now, to answer your question, yes - I absolutely approve of the constitutional right to walk into a school with a firearm.

What’s funny is that it’s 100% legal to carry firearms in public parks (and I do). So the children are already around the firearms. It’s just that the left doesn’t realize it. :laugh:
Ok, I appreciate the honesty and direct answers. This is why you are on the right and I am on the left

Yeah, nobody knows what's really going on, and upon hearing shots everybody brandishes a gun, and the "good guys with a gun" but without much by way of training are killing each other off, not to mention scores of kids and other bystanders because they couldn't hit a garage door from 20 feet away while hearing shots fired in anger.

You are a first rate know-nothing idiot - the NRA propaganda microwaved your brain into a peanut-sized lump of grease.

Got any examples of that actually happening?

Points all very well made. Still, and I expect to stand corrected, I find your argument is a complete failure. The main reason for it is, you talk about the U.S. as if folks were all of just one "culture".

When, in fact, recent developments - most notably a dwindling number of gun owners owning an ever increasing number of guns - demonstrate that there are at least two cultures, and that the anti-gun / gun-regulation portion of the population is gaining strength. The recent struggles of the NRA to fund their operations is yet another bit that should give you pause.

All told, the good old U.S. of A. may catch up to the civilized world, in which Rambo isn't seen as a role model and a conflict solution strategy, and faster than you think. That misperception is not without reason, since the gun-toting nitwits still carry the biggest megaphones, and the NRA still has a voter mobilization organization to be reckoned with. Still, the 2nd Amendment is safe, for the time being. All the while support for reasonable gun regulation is growing. Who, remember, thought that gay marriage would be a thing 20 years ago? Next to no one. And suddenly it happened. Also, 15 years ago even hinting at gun regulation during a campaign would be seen as lethal. Today, not so much.

So, what I am trying to say, culture is fluid, more fluid than ever, and the young, after Parkland, are alert and motivated. Have courage! The old geezers bitterly clinging to their guns, and boasting about the numbers and sizes of their ersatz penises on these deplorable threads, will soon enough discover the caravan passed by and is disappearing over the horizon toward a future with much reduced gun violence.
From your mouth to God's ears!
However..while I do realize that boiling down complex ideas and still maintaining nuance is difficult---we are still a one culture baseline. Yeah..there are many facets of said culture..but for the vast majority, IMO, the Archetypes are the same. The touchstones of violence run deep in our shared experiences. Will the youth save us? Maybe..or at least ameliorate the problem. One can only hope. cultures take centuries to change..while there is some evidence that mass media and social media may accelerate the process..it's just too soon to tell.

Always fun to read you..thanks.

Forum List

Back