Mass Shootings. Inconvenient Facts

Here is the case that idiot keeps harping on...

She says it was a mistake, she thought the guy was in her apartment, she was on the wrong floor....there was no motive for "murder," but because she was a police officer, they destroyed her...

At most, she should have faced a manslaughter charge...but again, she was a police officer who had to be destroyed...

On the night of September 6, 2018, 26-year-old accountant Botham Jean was murdered in Dallas, Texas by off-duty Dallas Police Department patrol officer Amber Guyger, who entered Jean's apartment and fatally shot him. Guyger, who said that she had entered Jean's apartment believing it was her own and believed Jean to be a burglar,[1][2] was initially charged with manslaughter. The absence of a murder charge led to protests and accusations of racial bias because Jean—an unarmed black man—was killed in his own home by a white off-duty officer who had apparently disregarded police protocols. On November 30, 2018, Guyger was indicted on a charge of murder.[3] On October 1, 2019, she was found guilty of murder, and was sentenced to ten years' imprisonment the following day.[4] The ruling was upheld on appeal in 2021.[5]

OK I just didn't recognize the name.

I guess Candycorn doesn't know the difference between manslaughter and murder.

Both should be in prison for life. No parole.
so you don't understand the difference between manslaughter and murder.

I might even be arguing against my own positions on some things just for fun but I guess you wouldn't understand that either.

People like the Uvalde shooter are a tiny minority (less than twelve in the entire USA last year). Over ninety nine percent of gun violence comes from small number of professional criminals that are first not charged, then undercharged, then plea bargained and finally released by liberals in the court system. Liberals give them the opportunity to commit hundreds of crimes before they are finally locked up, and then they are released with short sentences.
1698926275012.png

Amazingly the map you guys are so proud of showing shows a lot of red. But lets blame the areas of blue for everything!

State parole boards decide who gets paroled. Not the cities and counties that are blue. Usually the governor appoints many who sit on these boards--Lots of GOP governors out there. But I’m sure, somehow, they appoint liberals to the boards, right?

Texas has not elected a democrat (aka liberal) state wide since like 1992. Wall to wall republicans.

Yet...

As you wrote
Over ninety nine percent of gun violence comes from small number of professional criminals that are first not charged, then undercharged, then plea bargained and finally released by liberals in the court system. Liberals give them the opportunity to commit hundreds of crimes before they are finally locked up, and then they are released with short sentences.

Forbes cites...
1698926681397.png

So much for guns making you safer....LOL

According to you 99% of all of those numbers were done by someone a supposed liberal (who is never named) released or undercharged or didn’t charge? Really? Who are all these liberals with all of this power over who gets paroled in Texas?

As one final thought...I agree with conservatives that our system doesn’t punish murderers enough. My stance is this...life in prison; no parole if you’re convicted of murder.

This one pissed me off.

But the supposedly “liberal” DA held the guy in county for 3+years before reaching the plea-bargain with him after 2 hung juries. No...he wasn’t just let go. He should have gotten life but the statement that liberals (the few there are in Texas) are just letting folks go willy nilly is false.

so you don't understand the difference between manslaughter and murder.
She was convicted of murder.
I might even be arguing against my own positions on some things just for fun but I guess you wouldn't understand that either.
You don’t seem to understand she was convicted of murder. If Botham Jean (a black man) had went into her apartment and shot her dead...and his defense was “oops”, would you say he should get no jail time?

Amuse us all and say yes.

She was convicted of murder.

You don’t seem to understand she was convicted of murder. If Botham Jean (a black man) had went into her apartment and shot her dead...and his defense was “oops”, would you say he should get no jail time?

Amuse us all and say yes.

The judge obviously thought the sentence was just. So take it up with him or her

Nice cop out. But It's what I expected when you have to say something definitive about a specific case.
I don't really know anything about it other than the outcome and I'm not going to research it because I really don't care about it.

The sentence was obviously within the legal bounds of the state and the judge did what judges do.

I have no dog in that fight.

I don't really know anything about it other than the outcome and I'm not going to research it because I really don't care about it.
Another cop out. You were weighing in big time earlier during your questioning of me....

I ask you if the roles had been different and a black man had went into a white woman’s house, shot her dead, and his only defense was “oops”, do you think he would have gotten such a light sentence and would you be saying he should serve no jail time either?

Now you say you don’t know jack shit about the case.

Not surprising at all.

Unbelievable.

Another cop out. You were weighing in big time earlier during your questioning of me....

I ask you if the roles had been different and a black man had went into a white woman’s house, shot her dead, and his only defense was “oops”, do you think he would have gotten such a light sentence and would you be saying he should serve no jail time either?

Now you say you don’t know jack shit about the case.

Not surprising at all.

Unbelievable.
No not really since I was talking about gun laws not murder laws. You bring in murder laws as a red herring.

And I don't know what evidence was presented or what testimony was given. I only know the outcome and I didn't even recognize the name until 2AGuy reminded me of the case.

If you want to make the case for systemic racism as related to the case go ahead but it really has nothing to do with the fact that we don't enforce gun laws.

No not really since I was talking about gun laws not murder laws. You bring in murder laws as a red herring.

And I don't know what evidence was presented or what testimony was given. I only know the outcome and I didn't even recognize the name until 2AGuy reminded me of the case.

If you want to make the case for systemic racism as related to the case go ahead but it really has nothing to do with the fact that we don't enforce gun laws.

Your intellectual dishonesty knows no bounds.

Your intellectual dishonesty knows no bounds.
Piss off.

That case has nothing to do with the topic and I'm not wasting my time on it.

IDGAF who is Black or White just like I really DGAF about that particular case that you seem so fucking obsessed with

Murderers getting off easy isn’t your topic? Lie.
No the topic is Mass shooting Inconvenient facts

It's right at the beginning of the thread

I said that we need to enforce gun laws and you bring up one specific murder case and obsess over it.

No the topic is Mass shooting Inconvenient facts

It's right at the beginning of the thread

I said that we need to enforce gun laws and you bring up one specific murder case and obsess over it.
She got 10 years for murder. Should all murderers get 10 years?

I think it would be peachy if we kept murderers in prison for life. But you, now, disagree and think murderers should get out early.

So you think we should enforce gun laws some of the time--

She got 10 years for murder. Should all murderers get 10 years?

I think it would be peachy if we kept murderers in prison for life. But you, now, disagree and think murderers should get out early.

So you think we should enforce gun laws some of the time--

well obviously the law regarding murder was enforced in this particular murder case you are so obsessed about as the woman was arrested, tried and sentenced. That you disagree with the sentence in no way proves that the law was not enforced.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we do not enforce guns laws in this country does it?

well obviously the law regarding murder was enforced in this particular murder case you are so obsessed about as the woman was arrested, tried and sentenced. That you disagree with the sentence in no way proves that the law was not enforced.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we do not enforce guns laws in this country does it?
Sure it does. Commit murder and you get 10 years. That isn’t enforcement; that is a joke.

PS: Sorry my “obsession” bothers you. It does highlight the ACTUAL two tiered legal system we have... You’re too much of a chicken shit piece of dung to comment on it falsely stating you “don’t know enough” about the case.

Sure it does. Commit murder and you get 10 years. That isn’t enforcement; that is a joke.

That's sentencing not law enforcement. There aren't too many mandatory sentences in the justice system.

Lots of things are left to the judge's discretion.

And this still has nothing to do with the gun laws that are not enforced at all

Forum List

Back