Meet the grandmother florist...being crushed by hate filled gays...

Do you guys think Plessy Vs. Ferguson was really Constitutional...even though the Supreme Court said it was....or Koramtsu?.....didn't think so......

You are citing cases where government interest was chosen over individual ones. IN the case of gay marriage, they are protecting individual liberties.

Some individual liberties are protected. The civil liberties of the favored group are protected. With a different power the favored group could change as well.

She was nice and wonderful to them until one day when she revealed that she thought they were evil and would spend an eternity burning in hell, and then refused them a service she was legally bound to survive. But hey didn't you conservatives raise a bunch of money for her? So see everyone wins. :rofl:

funny...I didn't see that quote from her....but then...to make this seem right you assholes have to lie......

and they are sinners, as we all are, and not necessarily evil....allowing this woman to be destroyed over one flower arrangement.....now that is fucking evil.........

She knew the law. If anybody allowed her to be destroyed, it was her.

And the blacks violating Jim Crow knew the law too...so they pretty much clubbed themselves with the democrat cop nightsticks...right? According to your concept....right?
Is Jim Crow still the law of the land?

Is Jim Crow still the law of the land?

No.....but again....there were guys in robes who upheld it weren't there.........they are not gods......they are humans....and some of them are wise, others.....not so much.....

Last edited:
Do you guys think Plessy Vs. Ferguson was really Constitutional...even though the Supreme Court said it was....or Koramtsu?.....didn't think so......

You are citing cases where government interest was chosen over individual ones. IN the case of gay marriage, they are protecting individual liberties.

No....they are protecting a law...not a liberty...there is no liberty to forcing another human to arrange flowers for you when they don't want to....that used to be called slavery....and sometimes skilled slaves were allowed to keep some money for their work...sort of like this woman.........

Her individual religious liberty is not being protected.....even though it is actually enshrined, in actual words in the Bill of Rights....while abortion had to be made up.........

Apparently you cry over it too....didn't you just say......you will take their decision over mine or yours any day of the week....does that make you a racist....?
The decision is an educated decision by people with a lot more knowledge of Constitutional law than you or I. I know you may not like that someone who is trained in Constitutional law knows more about Constitutional law than you do.....but there it is.

Will you be telling doctors about their diagnoses next?

It doesn't make them smart, it doesn't make them wise, they are people, and a lot of justices on the Supreme Court were racist pigs.....who let that influence their decisions...so please.....and doctors are human too......if the doctor is going to chop off the wrong leg....I am not going to let him just because he is the doctor.....are you......?
Um....yes it does. But please continue on how you know so much more about Constitutional Law than they do.

About the law....not much...about right and wrong.....I know a hell of a lot more than some of the racist pigs who sat on the Supreme Court...that is a fact.....
And isn't it interesting how the law manages to work out in the end? Is Plessy v Ferguson still the law of the land?

Isn't it interesting that you think I am foolish for saying the courts will be wrong if they side with the old lady....and yet you show here that the courts were wrong on Plessy and changed the ruling later........

Apparently you cry over it too....didn't you just say......you will take their decision over mine or yours any day of the week....does that make you a racist....?
The decision is an educated decision by people with a lot more knowledge of Constitutional law than you or I. I know you may not like that someone who is trained in Constitutional law knows more about Constitutional law than you do.....but there it is.

Will you be telling doctors about their diagnoses next?

It doesn't make them smart, it doesn't make them wise, they are people, and a lot of justices on the Supreme Court were racist pigs.....who let that influence their decisions...so please.....and doctors are human too......if the doctor is going to chop off the wrong leg....I am not going to let him just because he is the doctor.....are you......?
Um....yes it does. But please continue on how you know so much more about Constitutional Law than they do.

About the law....not much...about right and wrong.....I know a hell of a lot more than some of the racist pigs who sat on the Supreme Court...that is a fact.....
And isn't it interesting how the law manages to work out in the end? Is Plessy v Ferguson still the law of the land?

yes....in the end she will be proven right....it may take a while but protecting Real Freedom will win in the end......one can hope anyway......

No....they are protecting a law...not a liberty...there is no liberty to forcing another human to arrange flowers for you when they don't want to....that used to be called slavery....and sometimes skilled slaves were allowed to keep some money for their work...sort of like this woman.........

she doesn't have to arrange flowers. She's more than free to get out of the flower business. You see, having a business is a choice, and once you choose to have a business, you have to, you know, live by all those rules governing business.

Her individual religious liberty is not being protected.....even though it is actually enshrined, in actual words in the Bill of Rights....while abortion had to be made up......

Actually, abortion would happen no matter what the court rules. The court was merely reflecting actual practice.

This isn't a matter of "religious liberty". Her business is not a church and her business doesn't have religous beliefs.

she doesn't have to arrange flowers. She's more than free to get out of the flower business. You see, having a business is a choice, and once you choose to have a business, you have to, you know, live by all those rules governing business.

Her individual religious liberty is not being protected.....even though it is actually enshrined, in actual words in the Bill of Rights....while abortion had to be made up......

Actually, abortion would happen no matter what the court rules. The court was merely reflecting actual practice.

This isn't a matter of "religious liberty". Her business is not a church and her business doesn't have religous beliefs.

Yes....

she doesn't have to arrange flowers. She's more than free to get out of the flower business.

Yes, Rosa Parks didn't have to ride those buses....she was more than free to walk or drive a car........

Those blacks didn't have to go to those white restaurants....they had their own segregated restaurants they could go to.........same thing with movie theaters...they could go to their own movie theaters...and schools......

Yes, Rosa Parks didn't have to ride those buses....she was more than free to walk or drive a car........

Those blacks didn't have to go to those white restaurants....they had their own segregated restaurants they could go to.........same thing with movie theaters...they could go to their own movie theaters...and schools......

Well, except not really, since Rosa had paid for a bus ride. If you really want to go with that analogy, Rosa is the gays expecting a service, not the Flower shop denying it to her. It kind of goes to the heart of "Public Accommodation".

Well, except not really, since Rosa had paid for a bus ride. If you really want to go with that analogy, Rosa is the gays expecting a service, not the Flower shop denying it to her. It kind of goes to the heart of "Public Accommodation".

Only a desperate fool would ever try and compare a homosexual's chosen lifestyle to the plight of the blacks.

You're spewing the homosexual talking points in comment after comment

Only a desperate fool would ever try and compare a homosexual's chosen lifestyle to the plight of the blacks.

You think gays choose to be gay? You think gays choose to be gay in a place like Iran where they can be executed for it?

Really?

Man, I just don't know if you are willfully ignorant or if you just never learned any better.

You think gays choose to be gay? You think gays choose to be gay in a place like Iran where they can be executed for it?

Really?

Man, I just don't know if you are willfully ignorant or if you just never learned any better.

Maybe not a choice but I don't think they are born that way...regardless they should never be compared to what the blacks went through

Maybe not a choice but I don't think they are born that way...regardless they should never be compared to what the blacks went through

Why not?

Let's say for the sake of argument that something environmental causes homosexuality rather than something genetic.

It still isn't a "choice".

A lot of handicapped folks weren't born with their disabilities. They were injured or got sick. They still get the same protections and they should.

The reality is, homophobia was built into our law and culture for years.

I knew a gay woman who was fired from her job just because she brought her girlfriend to a company event after 14 years of living in the closet.

I knew another gay dude who was beaten up on the street for no other reason that he was there.

Sorry, they really need protection from the bigots. Even the ones with bibles.

Actually, no it isn't...she was being denied her freedom....by government...which is what is happening here....the government is taking away the religious freedom of this woman........

Actually, no it isn't...she was being denied her freedom....by government...which is what is happening here....the government is taking away the religious freedom of this woman........

again, you don't have "Freedom" when you run a business. A business has to adhere to all the laws governing it. Most of those laws are designed - rightfully- to protect consumers, not businesses.

Caveat Vendor. - Seller beware.

The law in this case protected the right of the gay couple to get the services she advertised as offering.

again, you don't have "Freedom" when you run a business. A business has to adhere to all the laws governing it. Most of those laws are designed - rightfully- to protect consumers, not businesses.

Caveat Vendor. - Seller beware.

The law in this case protected the right of the gay couple to get the services she advertised as offering.

And under our Constitution her freedom to practice her religion is protected in the Bill of Rights........she is not a slave...to be told to make flowers against her will.......

She was nice and wonderful to them until one day when she revealed that she thought they were evil and would spend an eternity burning in hell, and then refused them a service she was legally bound to provide. But hey didn't you conservatives raise a bunch of money for her? So see everyone wins. :rofl:
The "little grain of sand" is going to fall on your side's heads like 20 ton boulder

She was nice and wonderful to them until one day when she revealed that she thought they were evil and would spend an eternity burning in hell, and then refused them a service she was legally bound to survive. But hey didn't you conservatives raise a bunch of money for her? So see everyone wins. :rofl:

funny...I didn't see that quote from her....but then...to make this seem right you assholes have to lie......

and they are sinners, as we all are, and not necessarily evil....allowing this woman to be destroyed over one flower arrangement.....now that is fucking evil.........
I wonder how many "poor old ladies" you social conservatives used to demonize blacks during the civil rights movement. :cool:

What an ass.

Forum List

Back