Men in women's bathrooms

What about the civil rights of women who do not want men in their bathrooms? We get pushed aside to cater to these mentally ill individuals? Why is that? What about those of us who will feel uncomfortable being in the restroom with a man wearing a dress? Do we not count?

They don't care about your privacy, only about what they want. Remember "safe spaces"?

When woman enters women designated restroom, she enters her "safe space" and doesn't expect to see anyone but women inside. But according to lefties, biology doesn't mater anymore.

Think any of you can give an objective explanation on why you think they made this decision? Not expressing your support or opinion, just displaying whether you can comprehend their reasoning

Bunch of phony arse politicians, some of the most rotten people on the planet.
I'll take that as a no :)

I already told you. Because they are a bunch of idiots. I'm serious. We used to have Barney Frank as a congressman after all. Egad. What an embarrassment. Our state is awesome but our politicians suck.
That's you expressing you opinion... Maybe even a fact but it doesn't address my question. From their perspective can you explain their reasoning?

How about you explain your reasoning as to why you support these bills?
I wouldn't support these bills. I do support recognizing gender identity over birth certificate sex but think it needs to be defined. And in that definition I think there needs to be qualification process/criteria laid out so people who aren't true transgenders can't abuse the system

I already told you. Because they are a bunch of idiots. I'm serious. We used to have Barney Frank as a congressman after all. Egad. What an embarrassment. Our state is awesome but our politicians suck.
That's you expressing you opinion... Maybe even a fact but it doesn't address my question. From their perspective can you explain their reasoning?

Idiots don't reason. They just act.
Well that's one way to go about life.

It's true. These bills giving this portion of the population special privileges is idiotic.
Again this is all opinion and analysis. You've shown no comprehension of the other side

What is the "other side"?

How would you feel if there was a woman who looked like a man in the restroom? Like I said, either way a case can be made for invasion of privacy and discomfort

Why that matters if women knows that only women is allowed to enter into women restroom? There is no invasion of privacy even if she looks like a ostrich.
I'm pretty sure if a child see somebody that looks like a man I. The ladys room she is t going to think well that man must be a transgender woman, she is going to think there's a man In the ladys room... Same for the boys

Child or grown up woman have no reason to think anything when they simply know that only women is allowed to enter women restroom.
Well it just doesn't always work out they way now does it. Sometimes in the real world people break the rules

Great.

Massachusetts House rejects measure to ban male sex offenders from women’s bathrooms
Bathroom Bills , Charlie Baker , Massachusetts , Transgenderism

BOSTON, June 3, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) – Massachusetts is poised to enact sweeping legislation that would open all public restrooms, showers, and intimate accommodations to members of the opposite biological sex. In the process, legislators rejected an amendment that would bar convicted sex offenders from accessing the facilities of the opposite sex.

The bill (H. 4343) passed the state House of Representatives on Wednesday, 116-36, with the support of eight Republicans and the opposition of 12 Democrats.

The proposal would reorient state laws away from a biological understanding of sexuality by replacing the word “sex” with “gender identity” in existing state laws. It also requires “any public accommodation...without limitation” to allow people to use the intimate facilities of their preferred gender at the time. It now goes to reconciliation with the Senate.

Sex offenders welcomed in the restroom of their choice
Leading up to its passage, lawmakers rejected 36 amendments. Amendment 9 would “allow individual public accommodation to ban level 2 or 3 sex offenders from using sex-segregated facilities that are not consistent with their assigned sex.”

The amendment failed 58-94. A roll call may be seen here.

“What is truly disturbing is the House’s absolute refusal to accept any amendments which might have provided safeguards for women and children in places like locker rooms or public showers,” said Andrew Beckwith, the president of the Massachusetts Family Institute. “The bill as passed allows registered sex offenders to claim a gender identity in order to access whatever bathroom they want.”

“The bill does not exempt churches or women’s shelters from having to yield to the demands of a man claiming to be a woman,” Beckwith said.....

Massachusetts House rejects measure to ban male sex offenders from women’s bathrooms

Well, I always said I wouldn't get close enough to Massachusetts to piss on it.

Hey! Watch it lady. I live in Massachusetts and it's a beautiful state.

Apparently, it's a beautiful lunatic asylum.

It's true. These bills giving this portion of the population special privileges is idiotic.
Again this is all opinion and analysis. You've shown no comprehension of the other side

The reasoning of the people she is opposing

Bunch of phony arse politicians, some of the most rotten people on the planet.

How about you explain your reasoning as to why you support these bills?
I wouldn't support these bills. I do support recognizing gender identity over birth certificate sex but think it needs to be defined. And in that definition I think there needs to be qualification process/criteria laid out so people who aren't true transgenders can't abuse the system

Right. Do you know what it's like to be a woman? Do you read the news and see how women are harassed and stalked by men? The big thing now is "upskirt" shots of women. Why don't you THINK about these things? Now any weirdo can put on a dress and go into the ladies room.

Why is it important to you that gender identity be recognized? Why do YOU care? I don't want to hear any self righteous bullshit tales about how you "care" about these people that you don't know either.

How would you feel if there was a woman who looked like a man in the restroom? Like I said, either way a case can be made for invasion of privacy and discomfort

Why that matters if women knows that only women is allowed to enter into women restroom? There is no invasion of privacy even if she looks like a ostrich.
I'm pretty sure if a child see somebody that looks like a man I. The ladys room she is t going to think well that man must be a transgender woman, she is going to think there's a man In the ladys room... Same for the boys

Child or grown up woman have no reason to think anything when they simply know that only women is allowed to enter women restroom.

Once upon a time, a woman could just la-de-dah into a public restroom without having to spend five minutes ahead of time, trying to decide whether or not it was likely to be safe and private, depending on where she was.

We'll have none of that complacent "security in the privacy of one's person" crap HERE, Missy. You are a second-class citizen, property of the government, and don't you damned well forget it!

Great.

BOSTON, June 3, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) – Massachusetts is poised to enact sweeping legislation that would open all public restrooms, showers, and intimate accommodations to members of the opposite biological sex. In the process, legislators rejected an amendment that would bar convicted sex offenders from accessing the facilities of the opposite sex.

The bill (H. 4343) passed the state House of Representatives on Wednesday, 116-36, with the support of eight Republicans and the opposition of 12 Democrats.

The proposal would reorient state laws away from a biological understanding of sexuality by replacing the word “sex” with “gender identity” in existing state laws. It also requires “any public accommodation...without limitation” to allow people to use the intimate facilities of their preferred gender at the time. It now goes to reconciliation with the Senate.

Leading up to its passage, lawmakers rejected 36 amendments. Amendment 9 would “allow individual public accommodation to ban level 2 or 3 sex offenders from using sex-segregated facilities that are not consistent with their assigned sex.”

“What is truly disturbing is the House’s absolute refusal to accept any amendments which might have provided safeguards for women and children in places like locker rooms or public showers,” said Andrew Beckwith, the president of the Massachusetts Family Institute. “The bill as passed allows registered sex offenders to claim a gender identity in order to access whatever bathroom they want.”

“The bill does not exempt churches or women’s shelters from having to yield to the demands of a man claiming to be a woman,” Beckwith said.....

Have you ever been here? Probably not. The people of Massachusetts are not lunatics.

What about the civil rights of women who do not want men in their bathrooms? We get pushed aside to cater to these mentally ill individuals? Why is that? What about those of us who will feel uncomfortable being in the restroom with a man wearing a dress? Do we not count?

"Bigots" - as defined by the left and whomever their current victim du jour is - have no rights. You will fall in line and like what they tell you to like, and that's that.

The reasoning of the people she is opposing

Charlie Baker had said he would NOT support these types of laws before. He was probably bought off by special interest groups or something. He's a scummy politician like the rest of them.

Great.

Have you ever been here? Probably not. The people of Massachusetts are not lunatics.

Yes, I have been there. I can also see, from the safety of a somewhat saner state, what kind of wackadoodle laws the people of Massachusetts pass and tolerate. The legislator who tried to pass some of that crap in Arizona would be lynched like a mangy horse thief.

Great.

Yes, I have been there. I can also see, from the safety of a somewhat saner state, what kind of wackadoodle laws the people of Massachusetts pass and tolerate. The legislator who tried to pass some of that crap in Arizona would be lynched like a mangy horse thief.

What part of Massachusetts were you in?

I'm going to introduce a bill that all mentally disturbed and psychos have to use the men's room. Lol.

The guys don't want 'em, either. And really, why should anyone have to put up with this nonsense? Push for designated "nutball" restrooms.

That's what I feel like. I feel like the men are pushing these people on us women. It pisses me off. I don't want some weirdo dude wearing a dress in my bathroom either.

When I did my traveling, it was as a truck driver, so I mostly went to metropolitan areas.

When I did my traveling, it was as a truck driver, so I mostly went to metropolitan areas.

Well, we have a lot of beautiful suburbs and small towns, old fishing villages, beach towns, etc. MOST of the people I've talked to in my town do NOT want men in dresses sharing the bathroom with them.

Well it just doesn't always work out they way now does it. Sometimes in the real world people break the rules

Girls and women entering women restroom aren't the ones breaking the rules. I think they want to keep it that way and keep everyone else outside.

Forum List

Back