Michael Cohen - Why Am I Supposed To Care?

When Sammy the Bull Gravano testified against his boss and help put Gotti in jail, did anyone doubt his testimony because he was a known to be involved in 19 murders

Its not always about the person who is testifying at a trial but what he knows about his former boss

And does it fit into the larger picture

Yes, actually, the cops and the prosecutor did, so they insisted that he provide some sort of corroboration, whereas someone who WASN'T a known criminal might have just been taken at his word.

Meanwhile, none of this answers my question: Why am I supposed to care about Cohen's testimony? As far as I can tell, he doesn't "know" anything about his former boss that's of any particular interest to me at all.

How can anyone answer why you do not care about his testimony

It is a personal preference

My point is that he knows trump as he has worked for him for many years

They know each other

He has insight that is on a business and a personal level

He knows more about trump and is willing to talk

whether you believe him is your prerogative

whether you care is your prerogative

Unfortunately it will be up to congressional members who will have collaborating material that the normal citizen might not have to make their own decisions

AOC is a fuken idiot!!!
She's complaining about Trump legally trying to deflate the value of a property to avoid paying more in taxes.
The Wife and I do that every year when we get our tax bill on the value of our home.
I don't know about you but I expect my president to be better than I am. Being an ill tempered brawler who lacks even a hint of common decency and civility is not the hallmark of a great president but rather a man whose success is due to cheating, lying, and manipulating others.
Look, the Demon-crats are way worse than anything a Trump could ever be in life, and attempting to make him look as bad as the Demon-crats already do, and this in regards to the American people is just laughable actually.
And what democratic president after being in office just 2 years has had 6 members of his staff convinced of crimes and 4 cabinet members forced to resign over ethics violations. And what democrat president is credited with 7645 misleading or false claims in just 710 days. And what democrat president has presided over a longer goverment shutdown than Trump. And what democrat president has used a national emergency declaration to go against the will of congress. And what democratic president has lost more staff than Trump. We have had some crappy democrat and republican presidents but none can hold a candle to Trump.

So a bitter 4 count convicted felon heading to prison says negatives things about his ex employer.

Only hard core TDS liberal loons will believe anything this guy says and think they're an impeachable offense. ... :cuckoo: .. [emoji38] [emoji38]
They do this with turned snitches literally allllllll the time. They even stated that in the hearing. Convicted criminals spill about their associates for leniency. If it can be corroborated or can lead to more justice served, all the better. It has lead to numerous crime families demise. Your willful ignorance on this is grand.

Kinda off-topic, since Trump isn't a "crime family", and Cohen sure as shit hasn't implicated him in any crimes I've noted, beyond maybe the most fiddly-fuck unimportant possible campaign finance violation imaginable.

So I'll ask it again: what has Cohen said, or been expected to say, that is actually of interest to the American public? Why should anyone who isn't fapping nightly to thoughts of "We're FINALLY gonna get him!" give a rat's ass about any of this?

Trump represents the office of the Presidency

If he lies, then that reflects the office

if you do not care if the president lies then that is your right

if trump charity foundation gave money to his campaign, which is not what a charity foundation is for , is that not an abuse

from 2009 to 2014, Trump told the Internal Revenue Service that he had given his namesake foundation no money at all. The biggest donors in recent years were Vince and Linda McMahon, the pro-wrestling moguls, who gave the Trump Foundation $5 million between 2007 and 2009. Trump recently nominated Linda McMahon to head the Small Business Administration.

whether you care about that is your prerogative but I can promise that if there is a case then it will be made

When the dems top person that they call to testify is a convicted liar it says a lot.

At least he was in good company.

The son of a bitch lied today. First he signed a legal document saying he was not tied to any foreign contracts and then he testified that he was tied to at least 2. Slap the cuffs on the SOB and try his ass again. He needs to do much longer then 3 years.
And if he was lying he just might have to do more time which speaks to the question of why would he lie now. Testifying is not going to reduce his sentence and if he is caught lying again, he would probably get the maximum of 10 additional years. The man was gullible enough to be Trump's fixer but I doubt if he is crazy enough to risk 10 more years in jail for nothing.

When the dems top person that they call to testify is a convicted liar it says a lot.

The son of a bitch lied today. First he signed a legal document saying he was not tied to any foreign contracts and then he testified that he was tied to at least 2. Slap the cuffs on the SOB and try his ass again. He needs to do much longer then 3 years.
Let's all remember who he was lying FOR.

Himself. Whats your point?

He testified today that nobody told him to lie.
Not exactly. You're leaving out the second sentence.

As I said earlier...this is a rehash of the same old shit we've known for months.
It may be the same old shit, but it's being told by Trump's fixer who lied and did his dirty work for 10 years. Now he has no reason to lie. His testimony is not going to reduce his sentence. I would say he is pretty pissed but also pretty dumb to expect his boss of ten years to offer any help. Trump doesn't do that. He uses people and tosses them away like garbage when they're not needed.

No reason to lie???
You're a fuken dolt.
And why would he lie?

As I said earlier...this is a rehash of the same old shit we've known for months.
It may be the same old shit, but it's being told by Trump's fixer who lied and did his dirty work for 10 years. Now he has no reason to lie. His testimony is not going to reduce his sentence. I would say he is pretty pissed but also pretty dumb to expect his boss of ten years to offer any help. Trump doesn't do that. He uses people and tosses them away like garbage when they're not needed.

No reason to lie???
You're a fuken dolt.
And why would he lie?
Stupid question. He admitted he hoped to have his prison time reduced by the the prosecutor in southern New York if he can bolster their case against Trump. Also, he hopes to make millions from a tell all book. That can only happen if he has something to tell in his book.

But think for a minute, what did he actually say that we haven't be hearing for over two years? Nothing. This was nothing but an opportunity for Democrats to make the same unsubstantiated allegations against Trump on TV.

AOC is a fuken idiot!!!
She's complaining about Trump legally trying to deflate the value of a property to avoid paying more in taxes.
The Wife and I do that every year when we get our tax bill on the value of our home.
I don't know about you but I expect my president to be better than I am. Being an ill tempered brawler who lacks even a hint of common decency and civility is not the hallmark of a great president but rather a man whose success is due to cheating, lying, and manipulating others.
Look, the Demon-crats are way worse than anything a Trump could ever be in life, and attempting to make him look as bad as the Demon-crats already do, and this in regards to the American people is just laughable actually.
And what democratic president after being in office just 2 years has had 6 members of his staff convinced of crimes and 4 cabinet members forced to resign over ethics violations. And what democrat president is credited with 7645 misleading or false claims in just 710 days. And what democrat president has presided over a longer goverment shutdown than Trump. And what democrat president has used a national emergency declaration to go against the will of congress. And what democratic president has lost more staff than Trump. We have had some crappy democrat and republican presidents but none can hold a candle to Trump.
Cohen's crimes go back for years, and his crimes were so bad, he was disbarred from practicing law. And his lying to cover up is all but legendary, so bad, the judge presiding over one of his lawsuits mentioned it in his decision. This guy was a walking nightmare. But what makes me sick about this is that the DNC just floated a bill to kill babies after birth if the mother wants no child. That's beyond the pale, so while the DNC is on a killing spree for taking out living human beings, they're smearing the President of the United States who is trying his best (and doing pretty good at it) to take the nuclear threat off the State of California who has three of the most hate-filled Get-Trump congresswomen who have ever disgraced their collective offices. He's protecting them and their constituients, they're going on a crazed, nonstop blitzkrieg to just hurt the President and his family by bring a liar into the public arena to tell more embellished bits and pieces of alleged frailties that have NOTHING to do with any valid information on colluding with Russians. The Democrats have done nothing but spewed hate and paid others to spew lies and hate at Trump and at his staff, and now, Melania. Cohen is a hate-filled liars who wonders why he wasn't asked to be put in a position of trust in the White House and didn't get in. So he goes for the neck of Donald Trump, likely just pretending he knows what Trump was thinking.

This is worse than when Hillary the fixer was in the White House with her 900 files she was not to have her damn claws on, with nothing held back, including what acquaintences "thought" of the person being investigated.

I'm very unhappy the DNC is doing this. We heard absolutely nothing new. This was just a sham. And the perpetrators of this sham are shameful people whose game is omerta.

So a bitter 4 count convicted felon heading to prison says negatives things about his ex employer.

Only hard core TDS liberal loons will believe anything this guy says and think they're an impeachable offense. ... :cuckoo: .. :lol: :lol:

Yup and he's their star witness??

He's already a proven liar yet they are hanging on his every word??

Good Lord. You sure as hell can't cure stupid.

Good stuff today. Trump’s actions should be discussed. Next up? Hope Hicks?

See if you can manage to relate it to the topic of the thread. Did any of that "good stuff" involve any reason the American people - y'know, the ones who aren't feverishly looking for any reason they can invent to vilify Trump - to actually give a damn? Or was it just more "he's a big poopyhead"?

Let's all remember who he was lying FOR.

Himself. Whats your point?

He testified today that nobody told him to lie.

Well, since he's a sleazy, third-rate lawyer, I don't imagine he NEEDS anyone to tell him to lie.

They do this with turned snitches literally allllllll the time. They even stated that in the hearing. Convicted criminals spill about their associates for leniency. If it can be corroborated or can lead to more justice served, all the better. It has lead to numerous crime families demise. Your willful ignorance on this is grand.

Kinda off-topic, since Trump isn't a "crime family", and Cohen sure as shit hasn't implicated him in any crimes I've noted, beyond maybe the most fiddly-fuck unimportant possible campaign finance violation imaginable.

So I'll ask it again: what has Cohen said, or been expected to say, that is actually of interest to the American public? Why should anyone who isn't fapping nightly to thoughts of "We're FINALLY gonna get him!" give a rat's ass about any of this?
I saw and heard some stuff from the hearing. Go look it up. Dont ask here.
Lol
Michael Cohen has zero credibility, actually less than zero credibility.
And in any real court would never except any testimony from the guy because he already lied in front of Congress under oath so shut the fuck up
So...since you believe that Cohen lied today, report those lies to the Authorities to extend his prison sentence.
Only a fool would believe anything that clown would say...

Still stuck on, "Even if I do believe him, so what? What about this actually means anything to me?"

Lol
And in any real court would never except any testimony from the guy because he already lied in front of Congress under oath so shut the fuck up
So...since you believe that Cohen lied today, report those lies to the Authorities to extend his prison sentence.
Only a fool would believe anything that clown would say...

Still stuck on, "Even if I do believe him, so what? What about this actually means anything to me?"
Yep, his whole testimony should be thrown in the dumpster… That’s the credibility it has

Only hard core TDS liberal loons will believe anything this guy says and think they're an impeachable offense. ... :cuckoo: .. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Here's a thought. If all you have to contribute to a thread is "You shouldn't talk about this. Go look up how right I am, but don't have this thread", then you not only have no reason for wasting space by being on the thread, you have no reason to waste space by existing.

Address the topic, or get the fuck out.
I did in my first post. I was ot and replying to head in the sand Turkey. Go look. I then responded honestly when pushed. Dont come at me with ur fake and narrow outrage.

I'll say it again for the thinking-impaired: address the topic, or fuck off.

Don't come at ME with your "go find my opinions for yourself" BS and your excuses. You responded to MY post with your inadequate time-waster.

Lol
He provided some info that will be followed up on. They wouldnt take a proven liar at his word like you dopes do on the reg with the king klown.

What's your take btw on trumps thousands of proven lies. Everytime he said zero connection to Russia he was lieing. He lied about stormy. He has lied or just made shit up about all kinds of issues to stir shit. How do you feel about your guy doing that and being so dishonest, equally as dishonest as cohen and his other long time criminal partners?

This look like a thread on "But TTTTTRRRRRUUUUUMMMMPPPPP!!!!!"? You wanna talk about your TDR, there are threads for that. THIS one is about Cohen's testimony, and whether or not it involves anything actually meaningful.

So Michael Cohen is testifying before Congress, and leftists everywhere are wetting their frillies over it . . . and for the life of me, I can't figure out what he was expected to say or has said that I'm actually supposed to give much of a damn about, or why.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he doesn't seem to have come up with any smoking guns about impeachable offenses or even particularly criminal ones, unless you have a serious hard-on for really nitpicky campaign finance stuff. Mostly, he seems to be spending a lot of time convincing us that Trump is a crappy person. First, that's not really news; and second, what's your point? Is anyone really expecting us to put the country through a torturous, expensive impeachment proceeding over "I've heard him say black people are stupid"?
There are two main purposes of Cohen's testimony which are:
Accusations that will be the basis of further investigation to find corroborating evidence.
The other is political, a sort of get to know your president. In spite of Cohen's previous lies, his testimony about the character of the president is going to ring true for most voters who expect their president to be more than just a deal maker. Believe it or not, most people in this country expect their president to be a good leader and a good man that embodies political skill and personal virtue. Being belligerent and lacking both civility and common decency is not what makes a great president.

As near as I can tell, there's only ONE purpose: to attempt to get Trump by pretending all of this "he's such a horrible person! No, REALLY!" stuff amounts to something. Certainly have yet to hear anything that indicates any investigation at all, let alone "corroborating evidence". By all means, if you see something substantial happening, you should mention it, because it appears well-hidden.

I take that back. There is a second purpose: trying to hide the fact that there's no real purpose to all this sturm and drang under mountains of bullshit.

AOC is a fuken idiot!!!

That's as may be, but the fact is that nothing is being "revealed" about his character (nor have I ever noticed anyone left-leaning give a shit about character when it comes to Democrats). Pretty much everything that's been said about him was already well-known before he got elected. Clearly, a sufficient number of voters didn't consider it enough to disqualify him. Continuing to bitch and moan about "Well, I don't think he should have won, and damn it, everyone else has to agree that he shouldn't have!" does not rise to the level of "Aha!" to me.

We're still back on "What did he say that actually mattered?"

Woo hoo. So pointless, non-actionable shit that we already knew somehow becomes important and meaningful because THIS guy is saying it?

Good stuff today. Trump’s actions should be discussed. Next up? Hope Hicks?

See if you can manage to relate it to the topic of the thread. Did any of that "good stuff" involve any reason the American people - y'know, the ones who aren't feverishly looking for any reason they can invent to vilify Trump - to actually give a damn? Or was it just more "he's a big poopyhead"?

Those who are intelligent enough to know what was being discussed were interested. A worthless hack on a message board? No, they probably didn’t care since their messiah’s reputation was being tarnished.

Forum List

Back