MIchael Flynn: Foreign Agent Man

Yeah, it could have been written better. First they say he did work for a Turkish company, if you read further he actually did work for a Dutch company owned by a Turkish business man. If it benefited the Turkish government at all, it's was twice removed.

Whether Turkish, Dutch, or any other foreign corporation, they are defined as "foreign principles" under the act. The same as foreign governments.

The term ‘‘foreign principal’’ includes—
(1) a government of a foreign country and a foreign political party;
(3) a partnership, association, corporation, organization, or other combination of persons organized under the laws of or having its principal place of business in a foreign country.

No matter how much you twist, Flynn was required to register under Foreign Agents Relation act of 1938

Last I heard, Turkey is a NATO ally, so what's the problem?
Not to mention Flynn did nothing illegal. Taking that into consideration, this is a useless thread...we might as well be talking about how Hillary won the Popular Vote. :p

If you read the link, his firm lobbied on behalf of a Turkish company and not the Turkish government so they weren't even required to register.
Really? Then why did he register? Think he just got bored?

If you read your own damned biased link, it said he voluntarily registered, I would say considering the witch hunts regressives are going on, he was just covering his ass and justifiably so.
Oh my bad, I didn't see that he voluntarily registered... you mean he filled out the paperwork on his own free will? No shackles or anything? Wow, good for him. I retract my statement. He is a stand up guy!

If you read the link it was disclosed to congress earlier also.

We are discussing foreign agents chosen to serve as the National Security Advisor to the president.
Flynn ISN'T the National Security Advisor.
He was appointed NSA by Trump was he not? You think that was good judgement?
He isn't anymore, so why talk about him. When someone brings up Hillary they are ridiculed because she is gone. Flynn is nothing to the administration. When they found he had deceived them they fired him what more do you want?

When Obama found out Timmy Geithner was a tax cheat / evader he kept him on as Sect of the Treasury. Trump punished his choices for screwing up - Obama rewarded his.
Do you really not understand or are you fucking with me?
There is an ongoing investigation dealing with Russia's interference in the election and any possible collusion with the Trump campaign. So far there has been lies from the NSA that led to him being fired, the AG recusing himself because he wasn't honest during his congressional hearing, 5 other surrogates admitting to meeting with Russian after months of denying it... shady shit is going on so yes it is relevant.
There is an ongoing investigation...and no evidence presented yet. 'Shady shit' is not evidence, it's your opinion.

Last I heard, Turkey is a NATO ally, so what's the problem?
The problem was it's another lie/cover up and emphasizes Trumps incompetence and/or poor judgement in making Flynn his NSA. It's only been a month and all this shady shit a Floating to the surface. It doesn't build trust and only justifies digging deeper
Its only been a month and snowflakes have led about Russians hacking the election, used that lie to conduct Watergate 2 and to facilitate illegal Intel leaks, falsely accuse Flynn of a crime involving the Russians, and falsely accuse Sessions of the same.

The shit that has been floating to the top since BEFORE the election has been coming from butt-hurt snowfakes.
HAha, you still think Russian interference is a lie? What's wrong with you. Even Trump has admitted to it. I never said anything about crimes, you are injecting that because you have no other point
How exactly did they interfere? Did they hack state election systems like the Obama administration? How exactly did they interfere?
Ask Trump or anybody who has seen the classified intel. I don't think I've seen one person who has clearance who denies that the Russians interfered. Have you? If so provide a link please.
Evidence - show me.

If you read the link, his firm lobbied on behalf of a Turkish company and not the Turkish government so they weren't even required to register.

what idiot told you that?

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2009-title22/pdf/USCODE-2009-title22-chap11-subchapII.pdf

TITLE 22—FOREIGN RELATIONS AND INTERCOURSE
§ 611. Definitions
(b) The term ‘‘foreign principal’’ includes—
(3) a partnership, association, corporation, organization, or other combination of persons organized under the laws of or having its principal place of business in a foreign country.

A turkish company is a "foreign principle" Who if represented by Flynn, required him to be registered under the act. Something Flynn is now doing.

From the link in the OP:

Under the Foreign Agent Registration Act, U.S. citizens who lobby on behalf of foreign government or political entities must disclose their work to the Justice Department.

The link you posted dealt with registrations with the Sec of State and was an Executive Order, binding only on the executive branch, not the law.

Here's the deal, Flynn retired in 2014 and as a civilian he joined his son's consulting firm. The Podesta brothers were part of the government system while they were selling influence for the presumed future president. Which was worse, the Flynn civilian consulting firm accepting foreign money or the freaking chairman of the democrat candidate presidential committee (both federal employees) accepting foreign money?

Podesta Group, Inc. Foreign Agents Registration Act filing

Podesta was registered as of 4/9/2012 11:06:51 AM
You almost gotta laugh that the chairman of the democrat presidential committee was a registered foreign agent. Everyone who was anyone knew Hillary would be elected president. Retired Gen. Flynn was just a civilian. No wonder the Clinton Foundation was worth billions before the election and suddenly went out of business.

I'm sure Podesta didn't tell the DOJ he was working for the KGB BANK or the Spy agency that supposedly 'hacked the election'...

Why did VP Pence lie about not knowing about Flynn being a foreign agent? Proven fact.

Now, we have Trump suddenly ordering all 46 holdover U.S. Attorneys to leave - IMMEDIATELY.

COINCIDENCE...???

Last edited:
I'm sure Podesta didn't tell the DOJ he was working for the KGB BANK or the Spy agency that supposedly 'hacked the election'...

I haven't checked all the filings with the DOJ, but the Podesta group was a registered foreign agent as of 2012, while Flynn didn't register until 2 days ago.

Yeah but the Podesta firm (John and Tony) said whoops, we forgot to note that we were in the foreign lobbying business. Flynn might just have been a dupe who accepted a bunch of foreign money but the Podesta brothers were in the business of influence peddling for Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state and during her campaign when everyone was sure she would be elected..
Haha, yeah Mr innocent Flynn just accidentally got duped into accepting a bunch of money while podesta had the serious sinister plot going. You sound really objective and rational dude. Good going!
Here's the deal, Flynn retired in 2014 and as a civilian he joined his son's consulting firm. The Podesta brothers were part of the government system while they were selling influence for the presumed future president. Which was worse, the Flynn civilian consulting firm accepting foreign money or the freaking chairman of the democrat candidate presidential committee (both federal employees) accepting foreign money?
If the picture you paint is true then the Podesta thing is definitely worse. Forgive me for being skeptical of what I hear on a message board though. I'll do some research

Last edited:
Not to mention Flynn did nothing illegal. Taking that into consideration, this is a useless thread...we might as well be talking about how Hillary won the Popular Vote. :p

Really? Then why did he register? Think he just got bored?

If you read your own damned biased link, it said he voluntarily registered, I would say considering the witch hunts regressives are going on, he was just covering his ass and justifiably so.
My Fox News link is biased? Where should I look Breitbart?

Yeah, it could have been written better. First they say he did work for a Turkish company, if you read further he actually did work for a Dutch company owned by a Turkish business man. If it benefited the Turkish government at all, it's was twice removed.
Google Flynn Agent and Read another story then. Let us know when you find the true one!

We are discussing foreign agents chosen to serve as the National Security Advisor to the president.
Flynn ISN'T the National Security Advisor.
He was appointed NSA by Trump was he not? You think that was good judgement?
He isn't anymore, so why talk about him. When someone brings up Hillary they are ridiculed because she is gone. Flynn is nothing to the administration. When they found he had deceived them they fired him what more do you want?

When Obama found out Timmy Geithner was a tax cheat / evader he kept him on as Sect of the Treasury. Trump punished his choices for screwing up - Obama rewarded his.
Do you really not understand or are you fucking with me?
There is an ongoing investigation dealing with Russia's interference in the election and any possible collusion with the Trump campaign. So far there has been lies from the NSA that led to him being fired, the AG recusing himself because he wasn't honest during his congressional hearing, 5 other surrogates admitting to meeting with Russian after months of denying it... shady shit is going on so yes it is relevant.
There is an ongoing investigation...and no evidence presented yet. 'Shady shit' is not evidence, it's your opinion.
Flynn got fired and sessions recused. Both for not being honest... this is shady shit

The link you posted dealt with registrations with the Sec of State and was an Executive Order, binding only on the executive branch, not the law.

Podesta Group, Inc. Foreign Agents Registration Act filing

NOPE, why lie about it? It's the act the Podesta group registered with the department of justice under, same law, etc. see the above link.

I didn't lie, from your link: My bold.

Section, acts June 15, 1917, ch. 30, title VIII, §3, 40 Stat. 226; Mar. 28, 1940, ch. 72, §6, 54 Stat. 80, related to acting as a foreign agent without notice to Secretary of State.

Ex. Ord. No. 9176,

5. This order shall become effective as of June 1, 1942.
FRANKLIN D ROOSEVELT

Trump didn’t know his national security adviser was helping Turkey during the campaign, the White House says.

WASHINGTON ― Former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn was paid more than $500,000 last fall as a foreign lobbyist to help the Turkish government discredit the exiled cleric Fethullah Gülen, according to lobbying disclosure forms that Flynn filed Tuesday with the Department of Justice.

The new documents reveal that Flynn was collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars a month to run an information campaign against Gülen while he was campaigning forDonald Trump by attacking his Democratic presidential rival Hillary Clinton as a corrupt stooge of foreign governments. Following Trump’s surprise victory in November, the president-elect rewarded Flynn’s loyalty by naming the retired lieutenant general as his national security adviser.

On Thursday, White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Trump was unaware of Flynn’s work on behalf of a foreign government when he decided to name Flynn his national security adviser. Spicer declined to say whether the president would have still hired Flynn if he had known.

More: Michael Flynn Concealed Foreign Lobbying Work From The Justice Department

Seriously, are we expected to believe that Trump didn't know this?

Okay, let's be serious. To date, the overwhelming evidence coming from Trump both on the campaign trail and as president is that he doesn't allow objective truth to dissuade him from holding opinions which are not supported by the facts.

Just saying...

Last edited:
Trump didn’t know his national security adviser was helping Turkey during the campaign, the White House says.

WASHINGTON ― Former National Security Adviser Mike Flynn was paid more than $500,000 last fall as a foreign lobbyist to help the Turkish government discredit the exiled cleric Fethullah Gülen, according to lobbying disclosure forms that Flynn filed Tuesday with the Department of Justice.

The new documents reveal that Flynn was collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars a month to run an information campaign against Gülen while he was campaigning forDonald Trump by attacking his Democratic presidential rival Hillary Clinton as a corrupt stooge of foreign governments. Following Trump’s surprise victory in November, the president-elect rewarded Flynn’s loyalty by naming the retired lieutenant general as his national security adviser.

On Thursday, White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Trump was unaware of Flynn’s work on behalf of a foreign government when he decided to name Flynn his national security adviser. Spicer declined to say whether the president would have still hired Flynn if he had known.

More: Michael Flynn Concealed Foreign Lobbying Work From The Justice Department

Seriously, are we expected to believe that Trump didn't know this?

Okay, let's be serious. To date, the overwhelming evidence coming from Trump both on the campaign trail and as president is that he doesn't let allow objective truth to dissuade him from holding opinions which are not supported by the facts.

Just saying...

True, but that shouldn't stop us from drawing attention to facts.

I haven't checked all the filings with the DOJ, but the Podesta group was a registered foreign agent as of 2012, while Flynn didn't register until 2 days ago.
Podesta was working for the KGB Bank and the Russian Spy Agency that supposedly hacked the election...Flynn was working for a member of NATO.

Forum List

Back